Unclear signals?

A coworker in my office and I talk every day on the office instant messenger, plus we text almost everyday. It's usually a mix of work/personal topics, but while we hang out in the office, we haven't spent time together after work/on weekends. However, he has recently said to me that another coworker of his (same department as him, but not me) has starting referring to me as his BFF, and he is admittedly my biggest cheerleader (always encouraging me, or trying to help me solve issues). He also shows signs of being jealous of other guys I have liked in the past. I don't know if these are signs he is actually interested (and nervous to say something), or if he is generally a good guy. We have both been burned in the past, so I'm not sure how that is also a factor here. I have really begun to like him, but I'm not sure if I'm reading things wrong because I want to hope he reciprocates...

What Guys Said 1

• You guys obviously have some sort of connection. Suggest grabbing drinks afterwork one day and see what he says. Might be good to hang out outside of the office

What Girls Said 1

• Seems like he's interested at least