Is it weird to call a girl beautiful?

I'm a guy, I'm 16 a junior in high school. There's this gorgeous girl in my civics class Crystal and I like her a lot. She's cool, nice, friendly, and single. I just want to set the tone now, I've never had a girlfriend and have been rejected twice. I'm a former cutter due to my lonliness, but I picked a good time to stop, cause I think I might actually have a small chance with her. We started talking a couple weeks ago, we got to know each other better. Anyways, a couple days ago I said "you are beautiful" to her in Spanish (she also speaks Spanish and she likes it when people talk to her in Spanish), she said "awww, thank you so much". Yesterday when we were talking she smiled at me, she has a gorgeous smile. Is it weird to call a girl beautiful?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, the more compliments the better dude. Girls go nuts for them (if they're interested that is and it sounds like she might be). Keep dropping the compliments and ask her out.

What Girls Said 9

• Well, she obviously appreciates your gestures! And you guys were talking. Talking's always a good sign. If you feel good about this, just ask her instead! She didn't respond frightened or scared off when you called her beautiful, so you must be in the clear. I'm happy to hear that you don't hurt yourself anymore :). You're way better than that. I wish you luck!

• No, it's not weird. I think it's really sweet :)

• Nah, man. I'd rather be called beautiful than hot any day. I'm sick of the word hot. Being called beautiful is where it's at! :)

• Its only werid when I call a girl beatufyul! You sound like a dream ! <3

• of course its okay! its something that will really set you apart from the mass of others complimenting or hitting on girls, since its generally a lot more respectful than "hot" "sexy" etc. most girls would much prefer to be called beautiful than any other term of endearment. keep it up.

• It's not a weird at all that's very sweet of you. I prefer it when men call me beautiful compared to hot. I think it seems more caring and genuine :)

• It's very normal to call a girl beautiful. A compliment is a perfect way to let a girl know you like her and it also makes her feel good. Now what wouldn't always be acceptable with most girls would be calling her something other than beautiful in a flirting way (which could be taken negatively), depends on the girl of course.

In the end just stick to simple compliments, beautiful, pretty, etc. Mabye ask her to do something outside of school, maybe a movie? Good Luck!

• No, it's very nice and you could have made her day. Every girl loves to be called beautiful!

• No, it's not weird at all. It's lovely.

What Guys Said 7

• I do it often - that could be a vote for weird or not. I will tell any woman anywhere that I admire her and what specifically I admire. The first few times I didn't know what to expect as a reaction. Every one has been flattered and told me so.

Would you feel pissed off if a woman told you you were very attractive?

• No, it's not weird in the context you put it and it seems she took it well.

• it's not weird. you are expressing what you think about her in a single word. i believe that telling a girl she is beautiful is one of the nicest compliments you can give her. if she smiled at you, it's because she like your company. don't let this opportunity slip away. get to really know her, maybe go to lunch on the weekends with her. just try to show her that you love to spend time with her

• It is perfectly fine to call a girl beautiful. Girls love compliments and by the way her reaction to the compliment seems that she likes you meaning go for it tiger good luck

• It's OK but, remember, some people don't' like it, when you're just meeting them. It can be creepy to them

• Yes go for it man

You'll make her smile 😊💕

💕💕💕💕💕💕

• Not at all, I'm sure it was a nice compliment for her to hear