Do you believe in the term "out of someone's league"?

Ithink the question is oretty obvious.
Excluding celebrities (thought we shouldn't ), have you liked a person and thought "wow he/she's way out of my league?" Or "under" your league?

Do you think the term is irrelevant and that certain couples you did noot expect cab happen? I've seen a few.

Can* not cab lol
And not*

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that it is a matter of perception, I consider myself to be about a 7 on a good day, maybe a 5 right after I get off of work ( nothing like good old manual labor to keep you humble) My girlfriend says I am about a 10 But she loves me and we all know that love is (thankfully) blind. If I believed in "leagues" I would not be with her, she is beautiful, successful, popular, but has a very powerful " I am better than you in every way". . . Aura I guess you would say. Not the type of girl you would expect to see with a Tall, Hairy, Overweight, Muscle bound hillbilly (Thanks me by the way) Here's my point If you timidly approach a woman or a man with the mindset that they are too hot or too smart or "out of your league" Then half of the battle is already lost, (just a figure of speech, don't try to fight them)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I think that's a ridiculous idea. As if successful relationships happened to work out purely because both parties were compatible, on similar levels in terms of 'physical attractiveness'? If only.

That seems like a pretty backwards idea in my mind.

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, so many times! In the past, whenever I spotted a really attractive women, I would always think "She's so good, she'd be taken anyway. Even if not, she'll surely reject me because she'd rather choose a guy in her league".

As I'm getting more confident and comfortable with my own looks, I have begun to think that leagues may not exist!

• That's great! I think confidence plays a big part in what "league" you could go for, which is why I'm also trying to change
      Sure, you can definitely say "oh this guy/girl is more attractive than me", but in the end there are more factors playing in what consists a relationship

• I do believe in this term since most people with similar levels of attraction will end up together unless an outside factor such as money or power or fame comes into the "relationship."

• You could believe that you are out of someone's league or punch WAY above your weight class for an 14 seconds KNOCK OUT that'll be on youtube and get 50 million views.

• Lol.
      Becoming a YouTube sensation overnight!

• Or you'll be in hospital for 20 years cos you got your skull caved in.
      Whichever the which.
      Ain't that something something lol

• No I don't. And I'd rather not date someone that does.

• In teenaged years, yeah. But when you get to your 20s I don't think so really. It's all about if you can connect with someone and if there is attraction there.

• definitely... if there is a very beautiful and intelligent girl, especially if she's popular, I think she's out of my league because I don't think she would ever be interested in someone like me...

• The term is definitely real, but i have never liked someone who's out of my leage. I mean, of course there were people i was attracted to, but i didn't let it go to the "liking" stage. I'm usually pretty much aware of myself.

• Nope I don't, just believeee

• Absolutely. And by the way those couples that are mismatched (she's a 10 he's a 4) are called outliers, meaning they don't occur enough to ruin the main thesis that people date within 1-2 points, as borne out by PlentyOfFish dating data that they were hoping would disprove it, but sadly didn't.

• Heck yeah dude. My wife is way out of my league. I still don't know how I got this lucky; she's a 9.5 and I'm like maybe a 5.

• I think it's very subjective. You may see yourself as a 5 (appearance and/or personality), but in her eyes you're well above :)

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know what that would entail , but I do believe people should probably have similar intelligence and morals and hopes and expectations for things to actually work...

• Yeah kinda like you wouldn't see a horrible unhygenic women dating a super hot guy. You can see an hot women dating an unhygenic ugly guy because he's rich tho. Leauges are kinda real not set in stone but realish

• I do believe it. There are people who are way better than me out there and I don't think i could catch up on their 'level'.

• i believe in the term out of your league Im silver 4 in League of legends, to bronze players im out of their league

• Lol! Didn't expect this answer
      Well in this case, it's kind of relevant haha

• Yea I'm a typical 7/10 in looks who is decent financially and has an ok social life. A guy who is rich, good looking and well known/popular is out of my league realistically Bc he could date 10s. However I am out of the league of a guy who is ugly, broke and ratchet because I could do better and he couldn't realistically expect to pull me.

• Well there can always be exceptions , but I like your honesty lol