I don't like dogs and my boyfriend just got one?

The guy I'm seeing just bought a puppy and tbh I'm not a dog person whatsoever. I don't hate them or anything but I don't really like having animals around me. His expecting me to stay in his house but I'm already panicking thinking about this little dog jumping all over me. Should I tell him I'm not that keen or what because he seems to love this new puppy and I don't want to be mean to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Did he know you don't like dogs before hand? Either way seems unlikely he would take it back now that he has it, so you can either get use to it or decide it's a deal breaker. Depending on the length of your relationship though I it seems strange he wouldn't of said anything before hand.

I don't prefer dogs and if the relationship was young I wouldn't consider it long term, if it was a long term relationship I would of expected to know about it before hand or would make her take it back.

• No I never told him because I didn't think he was going to rush out and get a puppy. Until he text last night telling me he had a surprise for me. We are only starting out so I don't want to start throwing demands at him and I don't expect him to get rid of it either. But there's no way I can be in the room with the dog.

• Yeah, not much you can do in that case. I'd probably feel the same way, might let them know that you're not really a dog person, or not, won't really matter.

What Guys Said 6

• ... I suggest you accept the presence of the puppy or else you will be dropped in the blink of an eye.

• Upvote because it's true

• @falamalabobala... No, if she cares for her boyfriend she would find ways on how to adjust to the new change.

• @Falamalabobala You mean he's better off without her!

Technically it's a sad string of events, but alas. You see who's the one not adapting.

• I'd pick a puppy over a person who hates my new puppy any day

• I would only feel bad about the time and devotion I wasted on someone who hates dogs.

• @nakedalligator Pomeranians are fluffy and cute. And yes, I agree with you.

• Yikes this can be a recipe for disaster. Tell him how you feel I guess but don't expect him to do anything if he loves dogs.

• Lol, i don't like Dogs as well. But i would try my best and try getting along with the Dog.

• Come on, who doesn't like a puppy

• Tell him clearly or leave him. I don't like dogs too like you by the way

What Girls Said 4

• This may be a good time to learn to like (or at least tolerate) canines. Puppies are innocent, sweet and eager to please. Try to have an open mind. At his age, a puppy WILL jump, it is up to his humans to teach him not to.

Above all, be honest with your boyfriend so he can be prepared for your visit by penning puppy up, etc.

• Did he know previously that you didn't like dogs? If you never told him that then you can't really expect him to know and now get rid of his new puppy. If he did know before and got a dog anyway then it's understandable that you would be bothered.

Unless this puppy is a deal breaker for you, then you just have to try to adapt and tolerate the dog. He can keep the puppy in another room when you're at his house. All puppies jump though, he'll need to train the dog to not do that.

• Have you ever explained your fear of dogs to him? He will be more understanding about it if you do.

• No I never told him because I didn't think he'd get one. Until he text me last night and his really happy about calling it our puppy but I've been worry non stop on what I'm going to say.

• Tell him that you're afraid of dogs and are thus concerned about going over to his house now.

• You should tell him I'm sure he will understand especially if he just dropped this on you.