How do guys even get girlfriends?

Seriously, it's like every guy I see goes to a girl he's into and, even if they don't date, they at least hook up, and almost every guy I know has hooked up at least once. It's so fucking easy for them, I don't get it. In fact, the only guys that doesn't happen to are my friends, who are seemingly always rejected like I am. I'd say it's because of race, considering most of my friends are black or Hispanic and my school is mostly white, but, it can't be, because one of my friends is a white dude who's actually pretty muscular and good looking, but, then again, he's short, so, doesn't count, I guess. So, yeah, why is it so easy for other guys? I've had girls like me, I guess, but, I usually wasn't into them or got rejected after the first date, in fact, I've only ever been on two real dates, with the same girl, and they were months apart, and she turned me down anyway. There is one girl that likes me now, but, fuck it, hard as I try I'm just not into her and never will be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, you're young. You have plenty of time.

Are you comfortable around women? Are you comfortable with yourself?

Many friends of mine didn't date until after high school. It's not abnormal to be single that entire time.

Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself to have a girlfriend? What would having a girlfriend say about yourself? How do you think it would change you?

I have found, in my own life, that when I felt that I didn't need a romantic partner and that I was satisfied with my life as it was, that it was much easier to meet someone. If you're happy, people will want to be around you.

• I'm not comfortable around women, I don't know how they think and that bothers me, I know how men think, but not women, and I hate that. What's worse, I can tell how they feel, usually about me, and that bothers me, it makes me angry, I can sense that they look down on me, see me with disdain.

I'm not, I like a girl but hate her. It would say I'm not a loser. It would make me more confident.

Well, I can never be happy, for biological reasons, guess I'll always be alone

• I'm saying that you're pitying yourself and playing the victim. Once again, I'm done. Teenagers.

• Um, yeah, I figured my response made it clear that I knew what you were saying, you think somehow you're oh so fucking enlightened when you're barely older than me, you sit here and insult me like you're some goddamned King, like you're better than me, well you're not!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why it's so easy.
    I haven't had any girls say they're interested in me though, and I've never been on a real date so it's much harder for me.

What Girls Said 1

• I was horrible with dating until high school was over. I had a boyfriend for a few months but he broke up with me because I hated myself and I was always depressed.

I realized people's success with dating has a lot to do with their attitude about themselves, about life, and about others. High school really sucks, at least it did for me, and it was pretty much impossible for me to be happy and positive in an environment that I felt so badly in all the time, and I think that played a big part in why I wasn't doing well in the dating world.

It gets better after graduation and you have more freedom with yourself. I was still depressed for a while, but it slowly began to fade, and life got good for me. A lot of people don't date in high school, and there's nothing wrong with you if you don't have success with it.

What Guys Said 0