Do girls have it much easier than guys when it comes to dating?

1) Guys have to be worry about making the first move, approaching the girl.
They have to be the ones fighting for approval.

2) Guys need to worry about having a decent size package to please girls in bed, in fact, penis size is one the most common insecurities in guys. Whereas girls never worry about whether they can please a guy or not. When a girl cannot get satisfied, its 100% of the time the guys fault that he has small penis, not the girls fault she has an enourmous you know. She is never to blame that she cannot get satisfied

3) Girls look to guys to be someone that can protect them and provide for them, not the other way around.

4) The only thing girls really have to worry about is looks, thats it. And that one is equal for both men and woman. Girls discriminate against guys for their height/muscles/face just as much as guys discrimniate against girls for their boobs/butt/face etc.

So to conclude there is much much more pressure on guys than it is on girls when it comes to getting and keeping a partner around, girls have it easy. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do girls have it much easier than guys when it comes to dating?

Not in my opinion
    1) Guys generally approaching in my opinion means that all of a guys options are desired. Unlike gals he is not put in the position of having unwanted unattractive options as he approaches gals he find attractive.

2) It seems you are reality bending by claiming gals never worry about whether they can please a guy or not. Gals are seemingly constantly told that the onus is on them to be sexually ready and available to their partner and satiate his desire or else he may cheat. That she has to satiate this desire whether she is in the mood or not.

3) Guys often look to gals to be someone to cater to him, nurture him, and be his sexual outlet.

4) Going by studies the gender's do not discriminate equally one looks. There was a study of a dating site showing gals pursue guys of varying looks while 2/3's of guys pursues the 1/3 of most attractive gals.

I think your conclusion that gals have it easy in getting and keeping a partner is incorrect unless you mean a solely sexual partner. Considering it seems most guys disdain of commitment and gals desire for it I imagine guys have it easier in getting and keeping a partner. Gals seem to have a low threshold afeptable behavior as a partner while for guys it seems you have to be either almost perfect or quite servile for him to be interested enough to commit and stay.

• At least on tinder, almost every guy likes every girl. Any girl at any time if she likes a guy, she has a 90% chance of landing a match with him. And in our culture it's the man's job to do everything in a relationship to push it further. So girls are given a break from this, they do not need to have any relationship skills. If she is not happy she can find another guy that wants her more and is willing to put up with more crap from her.

Litterally do not care how old this post is, whomever the posting. Guys generally have it harder when trying to find a partner, spouse and (even though this term itself is vulgar) sexual outlet. Upon which might I add that all post for this thread had used wrongly

In your opinion guys generally have it harder.

Surveys show gals are more inclined towards commitment so reasonably guys would likely have it easier finding a partner or spouse.

As for sexual outlets guys can easily get the same amount of options gals have by going to a gay bar and announcing he'll suck off any dude and take it up the ass from any dude. He'll be treated just like a gal- shit ton of unwanted options where you are seen as a sexual object for another's pleasure by someone you're not attracted to.

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like someone who only sees things from his own perspective an that would probably explain why you are writing about how difficult it is to date.

Girls can't approach a guy that they like but must wait for him to approach her. In the meanwhile, a girl gets asked out by a guy she is not attracted to and see must worry about how he will respond when she says no. As soon as a girl gets in a guy's car, she must worry about whether the guy is some serial killer or rapist or just a nice guy who wants to date her. If she is attracted and wants to have sex with you, she worries about whether you will think she is a slut or will still date her after she gives it up.

There is no value derived from trying to decide who has a more difficult time with dating. It's difficult for both genders. But you should try to see things from the other perspective more often; it will make you more empathetic and, therefore, more attractive, to some women.

When she is alone, she must be worried about where she goes, especially at night.

• "Girls can't approach a guy that they like but must wait for him to approach her. In the meanwhile, a girl gets asked out by a guy she is not attracted to and see must worry about how he will respond when she says no."

Well first off no one is stopping women from asking guys out. She has a choice to either remain passive and hope something happens or go for what she wants. Guys on the other hand don't have that luxury if they wait for girls to approach them then it's going to be a long wait (years).

"As soon as a girl gets in a guy's car, she must worry about whether the guy is some serial killer or rapist or just a nice guy who wants to date her."

Against sexist. The girl could have a car too and be all of those things.

• @Maverickj I was responding to the opening line of this post: "1) Guys have to be worry about making the first move, approaching the girl." That's not true, either. I was just using the poster's logic to reply.

• I always look at it from the others perspective. But that might Label me a nice guy and we al know all nice guys are bitter but you'd be right to say I'm bitter and girls caused it hearing how your not good enough for a chick becase of size and seeing all my friends in relationships makes me think there is no girl for me and some people are ment to be in solitude

What Girls Said 27

• No, not in my personal opinion. Girls have more OPTIONS... they don't have it EASIER.

Guys are more likely to approach a woman, that's true, but the difficulty is, is that a lot of the wrong types of guys will approach you. It's incredibly rare to be cold-approached by a guy you actually like, and a lot of the times when you get approached it's hardly with the intention of a man wanting to date you, if you catch my meaning. Women still have to weed through their options and are often harshly labeled for not being attracted to the types of men that approach them, and have the unfair expectation of "giving a guy a chance" when they don't feel comfortable doing so. So, we get a lot of unfair labels slapped against us.

We also have to deal with the whole "have sex at a reasonable time but don't get into it too quick or you're a slut" stuff to deal with.

Girls have the same body insecurities as men in many ways: we are expected to not have had too many partners a lot of the time, especially sexually, and are constantly concerned about our own physical appearance because we have to find a balance where we are attractive, but not slutty, but not too reserved either, and we have to have a good body, but have kids, etc, etc, etc. So there's that.

The third isn't true in all cases. Both genders do this and I have have experiences of it being "the other way around."

Most people have expectations in regards to looks, so there's pressure for everyone.

It's safe to say dating is NOT a simple task for ANYONE.

• I'm going to have to say yes, just like I have done many times before.

Girls can often literally sit back and wait for guys to ask them out. Guys are expected to make the first move. Even if that doesn't work out, a girl can always approach a guy herself, and it'll be seen as "special", thus increasing her chances of success.

Out of all the girls that complain they can't get a boyfriend, I have yet to meet one who actually tried approaching guys.

Guys are also expected to earn lots of money so they can pay for the dates and stuff.

Overall I feel kinda bad for the situation guys are in, especially the shy ones.

• I agree that most of the pressure does lie on the guy when it comes to the beginning stages of dating. They're expected to ask the girl out and be chivalrous and whatnot. They have to do the "wooing,” while girls can just go with the flow and look pretty (sucks for the unattractive girls though, am I right?).

I believe girls have to worry about their looks to a much farther extent than guys. Guys can get away with being okay-looking if they have qualities that make up for it; however, okay-looking girls (especially the quiet ones) tend to go unnoticed and never get the chance to show off their good qualities. Guys say they'd like for girls to start taking initiative and do the asking out, but they probably picture a cute girl in their head when they say this, not one who he’s not all that attracted to. Basically, dating isn't very easy for ALL girls.

Dating is easier for attractive people in general. If you're in a situation where you believe you're the less attractive one (or below the other person's "league" for whatever reason), then pressure's on. Girls have to put a bunch of time into looking their absolute best, while guys have to be all charming and confident.

As far as your second point goes... Unless you have a micropenis, size isn't that big of a deal. I mean, usually the girl won't see it until you guys have already established a strong connection and everything (right?). I think many girls would agree that guys can still be great in bed without being "big.” Attraction and chemistry are far more important.

• Guys can get away with being okay looking but they still get visciously discriminated for being short and lacking muscle

• @Hylian_Hero Men are more accepting of womans breast and figure than woman are of mans height. A woman would reject an otherwise great guy for nothing else than being short. FACT

• @tmarv26 unless he is much shorter than her no. Wouldy out date a girl wo is much taller than you?

• Just a different set of concerns. We have just as many worries as you do; we just worry about different things. We worry about being over-powered and sexually assaulted, we worry about birth control and pregnancy, we worry about losing guys over sleeping with them too soon or not soon enough. We worry about making you happy in bed as much as you worry about making us happy. It's a human thing; not a guy/girl thing. :)

• Guys worry about being sexually assaulted too, just saying.

It's just that we never get taken seriously because having a penis means you're a monster.

• I agree with you! Concerns on both sides are very real and very valid. I don't think either gender has it easier than their counterparts, which is why at the end I pointed out that it's a human thing. Dating is challenging for everyone.

• G@g: land of competition and who has it worse.

• 2) we worry about how we look naked! I know if I can't orgasm, it's because of me and not because I have a huge vagina, it's because most women find it difficult to orgasm.
    3) I don't.
    4) I worry about how I look but also how I am as a person. How you look will get you sex, not keep a man.

There's difficulties on both sides, there's no competition.

• I notice that there is a theme with what the men are concluding that girls responsibility is to be "good looking," while the guys have to bring personality to the table. I find that offensive because that's conveying woman are only desirable for their looks and if she has a lame personailty who cares because she is hot and has a vagina for MY penis.

I'm sure I'm speaking for many when I say my personality is worth being acknowledged.

Girls work hard to be desirable enough to be choosen.

• Girls have a lot to worry about, believe me. And they often are very concerned about not being accepted for different reasons.
    They worry that they are too clingy. They worry that they are just sex objects. They worry that they aren't enough for the guy. They worry a lot, and they have firm ground for their worries. They are just not the same reasons that a guy worries... Oh yeah, and guys don't get pregnant.

• I don't think so. Girls have to wait for guys to ask them out and many times they are either guys they are not interested in or none at all. There are certain types of girls (not necessarily the most attractive) that get lots of guys that ask them out and others none at all. If a girl is interested in a guy, she cannot always ask him out because a lot of times that results in her being perceived as desperate/needy. Guys also usually have a chance with girls that are somewhat more attractive than them if they have good personalities, which is not the case for girls. Both genders have benefits and drawbacks when it comes to dating, I don't think either has it easier.

• No one is forcing girls to sit back and wait. This talk of "girls have to wait" is simply untrue.

No guy thinks a girl is desperate or needy for expressing interest, only manipulative girls who don't want to lose their "advantage" think that.

• Yes, girls have it much easier. But not every girl. Just because I have it easier, doesn't mean I get the guy I want. I always end up with douchebags. So yeah, it might be easier for me to get a guy, but it's hard to keep one around. But still, guys need to stop complaining as much as they do. Like, get the fuck over it. I hate that I can never seem to find the right guy and while it sucks, and I may cry about it, I don't blame all of society for my problems.

• this is clearly from the pov of a man because none of these reasons are are correct as to why it could be easier for a woman

• Girls have it easier. I agree with 1, 3 and 4.
    Number 2 just makes me really uncomfortable because i know that so many girls are insecure about the look and smell and carpet downstairs. I mean i don't know any man who has ever had a Brazilian, whereas nearly every woman i know has at the very least groomed down there. So with that i think genital insecurity is like the looks thing, everyone feels it.

• No one has it easier.

• Not easy for me that's for sure.
    I have the worst luck with guys. Anytime I try to make a move the guy seems to not feel the same way about me... and I'm kinda shy so I've never been asked out.

• You've just described the average man's dating experience. At least here on GAG.

• At least you don't get told it should be easier for you all the time..

• Guys like to think so.
    But no.

• Not necessarily. I will agree that girls more over have an easier time getting attention and inquires but that doesn't mean its a good thing. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with inquires, due to past experiences.

Though the whole 'size matters' is a big thing for men, women have more to feel insecure about to the point that products are out on the market to 'enhance' our appearance. Make up, push up bras ext.

Where its the role for a guy to be the protector, women are still viewed to be care takers. Its 2015 people, no need to date back to primitive riles on the date scene. Women can be the bread winners to and studies show that both sides are more attracted to people in positions of power/stability.

I think it really just varies from person to person, but moral of the story, if you are looking for someone, best way to do it is to date yourself, make yourself someone who you want, not what others may want.

• Honestly, people don't talk about this enough. Guys absolutely get body shamed, not only women.
    In my opinion, however, I don't think bodies are attractive. I also do feel as if a lot of girls do initiate first contact with people they like, but it is common for the guys to be expected to. I won't give my opinion on sex because I'm asexual, so it wouldn't matter to me if it was good or bad- I wouldn't want it regardless. I would never expect a man/boyfriend/husband to protect me more than my father or mother or anyone else, for that matter. I think it's more along the lines of "someone loves me enough to protect me."
    I feel as if the "buff guy" dream man is more alive when girls are younger. People that are older and ready for a commitment don't particularly seem to have that as a requirement.
    I hope I've somehow helped in any way possible!!

• What if you're gay?

• I think we girls worry about the same things guys do, except for some things ofcourse. When it comes the the package I think that is a guy myth. No girl is ever going to say you have a tiny _ I am not going to have sex with you. That is never going to happen if the girl likes you. Besides the bigger it is the more it hurts down there. Guys and Girls have diffrent worries but they are just as important for one another. I hope this helps.

• Definitely, it's called chivalry

• yeah they do

• Its about the same for both genders

• as a girl, yes i do feel i have it easier

• Girls have it easier than guys when it comes to everything. Its stupid.

• Most guys aren't attractive and have to work to understand what girls are like in order to appeal to them.

• Entitled much?

• To claim, "Most guys aren't attractive]", is basically the same mindset as calling 80% of guys "below average" whether you believe in OK Cupid statistics or not!.

• @circlebill you are the naive one.

• i think its equally as hard because believe it or not it's a lot of pressure to always have a nice body, nice face.. etc. and girls have to worry about not seeming thirsty or "easy"(or at least i do). guys just have to make the first move which i wish i could always do without getting judged fro being a girl

• What do I think? I think this question is really repetitive and boring.

What Guys Said 32

• 1) Yep, agreed.

2) Well, not really as much of a problem. It's not like a girl will ask your penis size before you date, and by the time she actually sees it you're already that far... I don't see this as a "dating" problem.

3) Yeah, not that hard though.

4) I'd say it's harder for ugly girls than ugly guys, but besides that much easier for girls. Good looking girls have life in the bag. And MOST girls who look good also happen to have good bodies from what I've seen. They're super lucky.

• Girls are very emotional varying from time to time. Let's look at a common example. I have flirted with a girl during after work hours. She shown some sort of interest, i took her number, she smiled. Two days later, she gave me excuse. I tried not to take it personally, but it was hard, I thought I ain't good enough for her (keep in mind that im not ugly, and im improving my confidence by socializing)

Maybe she has got some sort of insecurities, having the safety problem like previous readers written, or maybe your personality doesn't match with her.
    As guys, we have to come from a place of ''hey, she doesn't want me, totally cool with it. It's her total loss. I'm gonna move on and find someone whose personalities are the same with me.''

LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE

• LOL yeah, girls have it made as long as they aren't morbidly obese. A guy can have the body of Greek God and still get passed over if his personality and "game" aren't spot on. This does change over time, because the female advantage ends around the age of 35 and dumps women on their asses pretty hard. They all lament that at the age of 40 that the only guys crawling over themselves to date them are in their 60s. This is why there's so much creep-shaming of older guys who date younger women, because women know that Father Time will eventually destroy their built-in advantage.

• The only women over 35 who have a hard time finding men are those who spent their entire lives focusing on their looks and therefore have nothing else to offer a man. And any man who won't date you after 35 because your body isn't 'ideal' anymore isn't the kind of man I'd want to wake up with anyhow. Just sayin'...

That being said, I think guys do seem to age much better than girls do. And you are spot on about the Greek god thing. I admit that I've dumped a guy with an incredible body before just because he had zero personality. Most of my friends have done the same. Guess that's a little unfair. :/

• Oh... well, that's true. I think in the end, men's advantage lasts longer than our does, just like you said. And my man is 12 years older than I am--when we met I was 23 and he was 35. So I guess I fall info the category of women who piss off older women? Lol But if my man decided he wanted a younger one... well, don't let the door hit ya on the way out, sugar.

• @MargaritaPeach LOL yeah, you were one of 'those' girls. Good for you, though, if you found someone you care for. I don't care at all who dates who among consenting adults. I do know, though, that the odds don't favor me in dating at the present time. Maybe at some point in the future, but not now. Most guys know this, and this is the source of our frustration.

• Yes, we all know this implicitly as guys, but it would be easier to get a girl to admit to murder than it would be to get them to admit that this is true. Girls have only one issue in dating: looks. If a girl works out and gets herself fit, she's pretty much set. She may never be a 10, but she can get dates pretty much at will. Doesn't matter if a girl is a total clusterfuck with no concept of reality, she's set as long as she looks halfway decent.

• 1. Girls have more sexual choice than men. If a woman gets 26 messages a month, that's 10,000 in 10 years. Men receive much less messages than men.
    jonmillward.com/.../
    jonmillward.com/.../results-after-24-hours.png

2. If a woman is attractive, she can date ANY man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71ucapje7I

3. The burden of escalating the relationship and flirting lies with the man, so the woman doesn't have to tell any funny jokes on dates or try to impress him beforehand. He has to do all the work.

4. The woman decides when sex happens and the man does not, so the woman is in a bargaining position so she can make him do whatever she wants and take liberties, hence the term white knight, simp, and pussywhipped.

5. It doesn't matter what a girl looks like, she can always find someone to date, marry or have sex with her, but the same isn't true for men. http://sluthate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41769
    www.buzzfeed.com/.../nice-guys-on-okcupid-are-the-worst

6. If a man is a person of colour, it is significantly harder for him to get a girlfriend due to racial preferences, but if a woman is a person of colour, she can still find someone to date.

7. There's a pressure for a man to be good in bed and have a big penis. If a woman is bad in bed, the man won't care as he's still getting pussy. Nobody complains that women lay in bed doing nothing like a starfish.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7d74d655f1.jpg

8. All a woman has to do to attract a man is do her hair and make up and smile. Men have to tell funny jokes, be interesting, have amusing anecdotes, lie about their income and job, have a social life, be popular, be a provider, and much more.

9. Men have to make the first move while women receive sexual advances every day, even if the woman isn't being asked for sex.

10. When a man and a woman go on a date, it is the woman who ultimately chooses the speed of the relationship and how many dates they go on. The man cannot control if the relationship progresses. That is always the woman's decision. Because the man usually asks the woman out, the woman is in a bargaining position.

11. A woman's bargaining chip in a relationship is sex, but a man's is his labour as he must provide male labour to get sex. He can't successfully ask strangers of the opposite sex on the street to get sex like women can. If a woman withdraws sex, she's encouraged but if a man doesn't pick up a woman's phone calls, he's a horrible person. That's a double standard.

12. There's a worldwide movement of men boycotting sexual relations with women called MTGOW but there is no equivalent movement of women boycotting men.

13. Women are the choosers. Women choose the winners and losers of the sexual marketplace.

• I believe that if the roles were reversed, women's stress level would skyrocket. They already worry a lot with guys doing the approaching. Imagine if they had to enter the unknown of doing the 1st move on top of it.

I think someone already did such an experiment but I can't find it.

• You're right! A woman posed as a man and had serious mental problems from the treatment received from women in the dating context. She learned first hand how much harder it is to operate as a man!

• I have asked guys out before (and been turned down), and you're right... it's stressful. I don't envy y'all for that.

• Bwahahahhaa dude that's like asking, are blue whales bigger than Manta rays. Yes guys have it much harder. Non-debatable. You have to be very ugly AND have no confidence as a girl to get it wrong.

• Could not agree more...

• Thanks to Wk neckbeard nerds (90% of guys on here) lol but nah brah There are lot of other ways to get girls to talk first to you lol starting from not being a desperate sexually frustrated dude who bitch about eberything, second well tinder

• don't listen to what these chicks have to say op men have it harder yes as a girl you have to watch your appearance and not come off too slut but (to me girls look better without makeup) Men have to build up courage to walk up to initiate the conversation pay for the dates worry about the size of his package sometimes yes you might worry about how you look naked but the dude has to worry about the thing that preforms and just imagine if a dude said well the vagina isn't even needed you can use toys how the would feel not mention most girl assume all men are the same and will brush you off as such unless she likes how you Look but men should just brush it off rite? #no equality #size does matter #Hashtag

• What about unwanted advances, girls get too much attention sometimes. I'm not sure that it balances but certainly that has to play into the equation.

• Yes, a lesbian supermodel turned herself into a man to test exactly your claims and you were proven right.

To see your hypothesis click here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7kP_dd6LU

• Generally speaking whoever is in the leadership role is going to be under the most stress. This includes dating.

• Simple. Women have much, MUCH more abundance when it comes to guys than vise versa. So finding relationships for women is a lot easier.

• Plain and simple yes they do.

• Girls have one 1 thing every straight guy wants. So yes, they have it easier.

• Girls only have to look good and care for only their looks? No way dude.

You can look like a trophy all you want but if you can't cook, make me laugh now & then, or fake moan in bed when we old.

What use are you to me 😒

• No, as guys we have to get through all the red tape n drama no date somebody. What can't I just walk up to a girl and say I like you, why can it be that simple?

• I don't know a not very good looking overweight girl has a way easier time getting laid than a average looking guy who's 5'6 so I'd say girls have it easier

• I'd say both genders have their advantages and disadvantages in this regard.

• That's like saying "Do guys have it easier than girls when it comes to giving birth" :P

• I think it might be a tie.

• 100% agree with you , especially with number 1 & 2 ... it's a really sad thing

• no women are not only looks. but they have it easier.

• bad things for guys:

- have to do all moves
    - have to worry about their physiques
    - get rejected and down right humiliated by some girls
    - won't know a girl likes him cause even if she does, she'll wait on his move
    -you can't be to emotional or clingy or else you risk lossing her attraction
    - material posesions matter, and with this economy it's hard to get them

Girl bad points

- ugly guys think they can get with them and harrass them
    - they are SOLELY valued on looks
    - they pretty much HAVE to be fit or skinny to be attractive, some guys won't date a girl just for a slight minimally noticeable tubbyness
    -they have to look hotter than their friends if not the guy might even go down that route
    -they have to put out if not the guy will find another chick who will give him easy sex
    -will be seen as whoreish if she makes the first move that pressure ain't too good either
    -She will be pretty much expected to cut a lot of friendship ties to catter to her man

I still think is harder for girls man

• Ya but this has been debated many times

• Yes men have it much harder, which is why many men don't get relationships.

wisdomchief.com/.../...s-Between-Men-And-Women.jpg

Women who aren't in relationships are so willing.

• Women like to delude themselves that they have it much harder when the vast majority of men find even the most basic woman attracitve. The other way around not so much.

• That chart is cold, cold TRUTH!

• Yup, girls have it much easier.

• 100% yes. I've seen so many more ass ugly girls with boyfriends than I've seen jacked up looking dudes with girlfriends

• Girls need to be A) Good looking
    Guys need to be A) Good looking B) Great at everything else.

• More from Guys
    2