How many people did you date till you found the one?

• First and last
  • 1-4
  • 4-8
  • I've never dated anyone/haven't found the one yet
  • A lot

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated 3 women in my lifetime. The next girl I date, I plan on marrying. I refuse to just start dating someone from the start. Prefer to be friends first, build that friendship, and should things become more than that, I'll wait until I know her enough to the point where I know I would want to marry her.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Ok let's start off where there is no such thing as "the one". This is a myth. I categorize people in these buckets:

waste of time
    hookups only
    fun to hang around and hookup
    enjoy spending time with, long term possibility
    a person that I really connect with and want a future with

I say this because I've had two or three I thought were "the one" and a few I thought were too but in hindsight it was just lust.

The first "the one" was my high school sweetheart. It didn't work out and I still think of her from time to time. But in retrospect there is no way I would want to get back with her, we have changed and moved on in different directions in our lives.

Number 2 I wanted to marry but she wasn't ready to settle down. After a few years I decided to move on. I still care for her but she is stuck in her world of fear of commitment.

Third was a girl I met before I permanently left the US. In hindsight it wouldn't have lasted and I am now sure my strong feelings are simply because we never got a chance to see just how good it could be.

We need to stop looking at every new date or person as, "Is this the one?" because that puts too much pressure on the relationship. It takes the focus away from the two of you getting to know each other and makes it about questioning every little detail about this person.

Go into every encounter with the expectation that you are going to get to know a new person, learn about yourself and enjoy the time as best you can. Doing so will open your eyes and open doors.

• I haven't found the one yet.

• Still haven't found the one.

• Still waiting... waiting and waiting.

• I'm only 5'5 and look younger than I am so I can't really date :/

• Inexcusable... there are girls out there who would accept you for who you are. If you lack that kind of confidence, you won't meet women. Build that confidence and you'll meet someone. Guaranteed.

• How do I build up confidence?

• I'm not sure if I've voted they way you would want...

I voted C, I've dated 6 girls but haven't had a relationship yet.

• About fourty.

• First and last ;)

What Girls Said 9

• I hope I have the one.

I've dated 3 people total. And I'm on lucky number 3 :)

• I've never dated anyone

• I dated a kid in 6th grade.
    I dated a kid in 9th.
    I'm going to marry the one I started dating in 12th.

So... three? I guess. Unless you don't want to count the 6th grade one lol

• Who's 'the one' though? The person I marry? The one I'm currently dating?

• One guy before my current boyfriend

• Haven't found the one.

• Haven't found him yet. I've only dated 2 people tho, so I'm hoping 3rd time will be the charm.

• I chose 'First and last' but meant to choose 1-4.
    I dated 3 guys before I found the one and he slipped away. :(

• Still looking... well not at the moment, but I haven't found him yet.