Dating/flirting advice for the "intimidating" woman?

So I'm really shy when it comes to guys, but I am a confident woman who tries her best to make others comfortable through conversation and laughter. I make friends easily and according to others I am, for lack of a better word, "popular."

I just get along with everyone, but I'm pretty reserved and introverted by nature. Guys are always hovering, they make me laugh, maybe hang on the edge of friendship with some flirting/jealousy when other guys come my way to do the same thing.

Other people tell me how all these guys seem sooooo interested and yet I'm single and never asked out.

All because I'm intimidating.

I don't even know what that means, but it's killing my dating life. How do I become less intimidating so guys feel comfortable asking me out?

What Guys Said 1

• Introverted and reserved girls tend to give mixed signals unintentionally. Their shyness does not make having conversations with them any easier, since they are too shy to keep talking more in depth.

If you see a guy you think may be potential dating material come your way, smile at him and say "Hi _______" as this will be an invite for him to approach you. Even if he just responds "Hi ___" and continues onward, don't give up. He will remember you greeting him and may approach you another time.

What Girls Said 1

• Laugh a lot and just loosen up. show that you are a free spirit and that you don't really judge that much