Is it not normal for the guy to pay for himself and his date in countries outside of the US?

So I recently saw someone say something about how the guy always paying for the first date is only an American thing and in Europe they don't do that. I was actually a little surprised and thought that it was the same in European countries like it is in America. Is it true that the guy paying is really only an American tradition?

Most Helpful Guy

• Either it's normal in the UK or I'm a mug. But most girls prefer to pay for half so they don't feel obligated to have sex. Which they wouldn't be anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think is an American or European or wherever the country thing I think is a a way to be a Gentleman. Good manners and a way to make a girl feel special

• I'm not talking about the ethics of being a gentlemen. I'm saying that I've met several people now outside of the US in European countries who say its odd that men pay for everything and I was just wondering if that was true. Please stay on topic.

What Guys Said 0