Do you and your partner talk endlessly?

You always hear women in movies say and the. We stayed up all night talking. My boyfriend and I have never and will never spend hours continuously chatting. Not to say we don't have conversations about what city we would live in if not here, politics and pasts or what not but he isn't a big talker.

But it we go on long walks and say almost nothing. I'm comfortable with our silence but at the same time it makes me wonder what bonds us. Sometimes I fear it is the sex and we are just kidding ourselves. But then others we'll both look at each other and know what the other is about to say and say it at the same time.

Do do you always have a lot to talk about with your other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if two people can't really share with each other in a relationship it's a bad sign. It's not like people who can share will automatically have a successful relationship but I strongly believe people need to have a bond of communication. Without that the relationship feels more and more distant if people aren't completely comfortable sharing. Being uncomfortable talking or not having stuff to say can make you question the relationship and feel like you're not right for each other. It can also build resentment.

• We aren't uncomfortable talking, we talk and we are honest with each other. But we are comfortable in silence too. When we are hiking we talk on and off bit not the whole time. But if not in a talkative mood things are more quiet because he isn't a big talker with anyone.

• Hmm well that's good. Do you not like that he doesn't talk more though? If you're happy with it then there's nothing to worry about.

• Thanks for MH

Most Helpful Girl

• When I'm in a relationship I do, I can't imagine a relationship where I couldn't talk a lot with my partner. But I don't like only me doing the talking, I love being with someone that likes to exchanged points of view about a variety of things. So I understand how you feel.

Do you know if he behaves like this with everyone or just with you? Because maybe he's a very quiet person.

What Guys Said 6

• Not answering your question:

Have you ever seen the movies Before Midnight, before sunset, and before sunrise?

Those two characters just talk endlessly and "flirtily" about general life and couple's behaviours. Really natural acting with almost no background music makes these very good movies

• Starring: Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. if you intend to watch them, please check the right order. I watched all the wrong order, cause I didn't knew it was a sequence.

• sorry to hear you didn't enjoy them.

These are definitely on the top of my best movie list. And I actually found them very very real...

• @Caramel_creme It wasn't real in the way that I don't usually do that. I only did it once with someone who I didn't knew but I was very comfortable with. She was from another country and we were with 2 more colegues and she was leaving next week. It wasn't flirty (she had 220lbs, sorry). but it was so unreal that it never happened before, and I don't see it happening in the future. I'm very shy.. don't know what happened that night. And in that perspective, it's not real life

• Depends on the mood if we feel like talking we talk but there are moments when we are one next to eachother huged and just stay silent and watch movie or something

• No because it's a pain in the ass and exhaustING. You should not have to put energy into a relationship to sustain it, those moments of silence are what let's you think and be self aware of what's going on around you.

• Girls don't have much to say aside from getting there nails done and how bad there shoes hurt. Who wants to listen to that?

• Yes we always have a lot to talk about... I like to share and listen about her day, her week and my day or week.

I tend to talk more than most guys though lol

• I've done this before. mainly when I was younger and still believed in love.

What Girls Said 10

• I have both kind of relationships, ones where we talk endlessly and others where we have comfortable silences, but still a connection. I prefer the first kind much much more. They were much more fulfilling.

But that's just me. I am an ardent conversationalist, thrive in the world of ideas and generally curious about the world. People who are built differently can't sustain such deep extended conversations all the time.

So you need to understand if you are one of these type of people. If so, how important for you is it for you...

• We can talk for hours, or have comfortable silences. Very relaxing to not feel like you HAVE to talk all the time.

• But are there things you want to talk about that you feel you can't? Some couples aren't as chatty as others, but are still happy. I'd say it's a concern if you want to talk but are afraid that he won't want to have a conversation. Silence isn't a bad thing, but when fear comes into your mind, it isn't a good thing. I'd honestly sit down with him and ask his if he is okay with it and if he feel like he can go to you and talk to you about anything. Sometimes reassurance can be the best thing.

• yeah my boyfriend and i will talk until we fall asleep, but we are in a long distance relationship so we probably spend less time together. Do you know any of his interests? would you be willing to attempt to enjoy what he does? for example: if he likes gaming and you aren't really fond of it, just try playing the games he likes (and more than just 5 minutes) and you may notice you'll have more to talk about and he may even spend more time with you..

• I'm pretty chatty - I can chat bullshit for the UK in the Olympics.

The latest me and my boyfriend have stayed up talking was about 3:30am. That was when we were first dating. And since then, he's woken up at 3am to find me crying and we've stayed up and talked, but other than that no.

We normally go to bed and sleep haha. Even then he gets entertainment from me - I'm a nightmare when I'm asleep as well as awake.

• We usually do stay up talking constantly, yes.

• I've stayed up all night talking with a few dudes before, none of them were ever my boyfriend. I guess conversation just managed to flow nicely because we knew how to talk to each other.

• Yeah I stayed up talking with my ex because we were both talkers but it wasn't a sign of compatibility and I never felt a strong connection with him like I do and have since the beginning with my boyfriend.

• Anyone who I've ever been with has had endless amounts of talk with me, I guess that's just the kind of person I attract. :p I don't think I could stand anyone who was always silent

• I used to with both of my ex's. I could spend hours on the phone with them.

• My ex-boyfriend was very talkative. Looking back it wasn't all that mutual and natural, though. It's not that I can't be talkative, I definitely am with my close friends - those are the girls I can stay up all night talking to and sharing myself with, or even just enjoying each other's presence in silence - but for some reason with him, I just didn't click with him as much. I'd listen more than talk, and we rarely had comfortable silences, because he always felt the need to fill them with words.

I still liked being around him and all, and we had fun, good times, but I think we just weren't on the same wavelength and that might be why I never fell in love with him.