Are there success stories from online dating?

what do people think about online dating? yay or nay? Anyone know people with success stories from online dating?

I'm debating whether or not to go through with one.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend met her husband online and they are a perfect match for each other. When I recently broke up with my boyfriend she convinced me to give it a try, so I did. No luck on my end. I got all kinds of messages from weird guys...one even mentioned right away that he had a foot fetish and wanted to know what size feet I have. lol After that I decided online dating might work for some people but it wasn't for me. This was also a free online dating site so you may have better luck on a site that requires you to pay money. Good Luck!

What Guys Said 7

• I am a featured expert on girls ask guys. com and help people to find love for a living online. I can tell you first and foremost that every day I have clients that find relationships online. It is just a matter of finding the right approach, having a great profile, and knowing how to email properly to land the types of guys you are looking for. If you have any questions just visit jpompey. com/ladies and you will find plenty of great articles to steer you in the right direction!

http://jpompey.com/ladies

• Online dating is currently my primary method.

I have only had dates with 4 girls offline (1 for friends-only prom night, 2 at a speed-dating event, and 1 at a party -all ending shortly and coldly). Why? If I had to guess why it would be because of lack of common interests (although speed-dating was a little bit helpful in finding people with shared interests).

With online dating, you will know if people have something in common or not just from reading profiles, answers to questions, and chatting. HOWEVER, you will see that a lot of people have varied tastes and interests as well, and a lot of men AND women get on there for casual sex relationships.

Being a woman, you will probably get your inbox spammed or flooded solely from having good pictures and a profile with some actual text on it. I'm told that prettiest and active of women can get messaged by as many as 70+ people per week. The problem is that reading so many emails is very time-consuming and tedious and you probably won't reply to that many guys. In addition, many of them may have little in common with you.

That's why I encourage ladies to go out and message guys first. Most of my dates online came from women messaging me first (most women tend not to reply to my one-hour, carefully-crafted messages; and supposedly the hottest guys receive a reply rate of approximately 50%). In addition, by being proactive you will have more say in who you date than women who just sit there and wait for their guy to come to them.

From a dude's experience, however, it can get pretty desolate trying to ask women out online. Most refuse to answer short, common messages so you have to put thought and effort into asking a girl out as one of her 70+ suitors for the week. In addition, you will have a lot of cold-shoulder, 'silent rejections', where you message a girl then find that she visits your profile... a few hours pass... and she never sends you even a reply.

• (continued) To make matters worse, most women pre-filter men when they search. So there's a good chance you'll never even be seen by some women if you don't meet her racial, height, or income requirements.

For women who just want a good laugh and don't mind having assholes hit on them every once in awhile, online dating can be great and even potentially rewarding.

For men, though, we have to play by different rules. If you are short, don't lie about your height; just omit it and let that come up in conversation (because many women will filter by ideals rather than who they are willing to date more often than naught). Same with race; just omit and let your pictures do the talking. Income is kind of like that, too, really -but REMEMBER that this will ONLY WORK WITH FILTERS THAT ALSO INCLUDE OMITTED DATA IN SPECIFIC SEARCHES.

• In conclusion, women should try to be proactive, friendly, and open-minded in online dating, while men should update frequently and avoid all negativity online.

• I've been dating a girl I me online for almost 5 months. It has been great. Once you get past the online part and find someone great, it is the best due to the high comparability. Don't get me wrong before I met my gf, it sucked. I don't know what the dating sight was thinking, because the first girl I went out with and I had little in common than we thought. And it sucks starting out for guys when girls won't reply to messages that are nice. There's a lot of prejudgment. It is by no means perfect, but I am head over heels with the girl I ended up finding. :)

• I think its better to know a girl in person than on a dating site! Bc u know if a girl is into you or not! But tbh I'm done with dating sites I do better IRL than I do on dating sites. Except one time I did date a girl recently that I met online, but it didn't go no where. But for the most part no one replies (or hardly does) and the girls that I have dated in real life are really attractive and down to earth. One girl I dated for a really long time and I thought that we were going to get married, until she cheated on me. But for the most part dating in real life is better than online, I mean I spend hours and hours trying to woo women, and I get tons of profile views but no one communicates online, and to me its a waste of time. I know I am an attractive guy bc almost every single girl I have ever dated in real life has been extremely attractive and I always have guys jealous of me, but I've found out it doesn't matter how good lookin they are, if they treat you bad or they are physco then it doesn't matter how good lookin a chic is, its not worth it. Plus if they are good lookin they always have some dude hitting on them and chics won't say anything and seem to enjoy it, even though they have a bf, its like they don't care they have a bf, til ur gone and they don't realize how good they have it then its like their kissing ur butt to take them back or they are always second guessing themselves, well if you girls weren't so wishy washy you would of realized what you had.

In conclusion from a guys standpoint its a waste of time to do online dating, literally, so just keep it real and meet girls the old fashioned way, just go up to them and ask for a date (obviously there is more to it, but just go for it), all they can do is say no! But it shows that you have confidence to ask her out in person, than on some stupid dating site.

• It's very rare to actually find someone online, but it can be done. It takes people wiling to be honest and have a certain amount of maturity.

• ive never liked it.. but I don't think there is anything wrong with it.. its koo having sombody in your life weather on the net or IRL..

o.O

• debating? why? just do it. its way better than meeting a guy at a bar or club. the guys are real humans, just like you.

What Girls Said 6

• My cousin actually met her husband online. They dated for a little over a year and they recently got married a couple weeks ago. So it does work sometimes

• I don't think there is anything wrong with online dating. You can meet some great people on the net. However you have to be careful its easy to lie and make yourself someone your not online ...You never really know who is behind the screen. I know a few people who have had very successful online relationships. So why don't you try it out :)

• online dating is useful for those who have time on their hands and who are curious to find out what types of girls/guys there are nowadays. it's like you're leafing through catalogue - meeting A LOT of new people, listening to their stories, trying to understand how they see themselves as they describe their life to you. kovla, okcupid - pick the first one you see, choose anyone you like. it is very easy and time-saving, go on and try it

• I am dating someone online. I am hoping this will work because I love him now.

• it's not about meeting online or offline, it's about the people, so why not have a try? agegapcupid (dot) com join to start dating , xx

• I met my husband online! Common interests bound us)