What would you do if your SO broke up with you on your birthday in front of your family and admitted they were cheating on you with a friend?

So basically you're at a birthday dinner with family and a few close friends and your SO. For some reason your SO decides this is the best time to break up with you and wants to humiliate you more by admitting they were cheating on you with one of your close friends who is also at the birthday dinner. What would you do?

I read this on a dating horror story forum. I honestly think I would black out in a rage filled fury.

• Black out and wake up in handcuffs
  • Cry
  • Run out of the restaurant
  • Attack!
  • Sit in shock/ do nothing
  • It's so horrible I can't even think about what I would do...

Most Helpful Guy

• The correct answer is "None of the Above". You see, a person who'd do such a thing is a monster so, not only will family members tell him (her) so, they'll tell him (her) this: "You dodged a bullet. Congrats! (S) He did you a favor by announcing to the world what a selfish immature monster (s) he is. Believe me, (s) he just saved you lots of time and future heartbreak because, dumping you this way, is clear indication that (s) he is not a mature adult person or even fit to be called 'human'. In fact, they're a douchebag of astronomical order. You should celebrate! You are free from the dark abysmal life you would have had had you stayed with her (him)! Have a drink, you lucky bastard!"

Most Helpful Girl

• One does not dump the slaughterhouse owner's daughter in front of the slaughterhouse owner lol

He'd be fairly unintelligent to do that lol

I might not do anything but my dad would flay his skin. And the skin of my friend.

My family isn't very affectionate with one another but we band together when one of us is hurt and we shun outsiders like nobody's business.

It'd be embarrassing. Especially considering the stage we're at in our relationship, having announced to our parents the potential of us getting hitched and all.

My parents would just shy of kill him and his parents, being how they are, would not accept him back into their house.

It'd be a poor move all around for him, I'm afraid.

• Lol, I would expect family members to defend one of there own in such a situation.

I this though, "One does not dump the slaughterhouse owner's daughter in front of the slaughterhouse owner" <3

• Your dad sounds awesome! Wish I had one like that. Lol

• He's a pretty cool guy. :) I like him.

Every year he takes me to the orchestra and we dress up all fancy and we go out to a fancy dinner.

What Guys Said 12

• Id just calmly reply that thats fine, and i was boinking their best friend as well. True or not, the point is to remain calm and be smooth. Then maybe later I can actually boink their best friend just to corroborate the story. I try to maintain calm in a lot of situations even though my first thought would be to hurt that SO---B and then the friend. Too smooth for that though.

• I have just simulated the environment in my head, and i felt it was th best trolling position ever. Still, after the initial shock, i'd prbably sit quiet and think what to say for about a minute or two, then i'd go like "Well then, let's congratulate our new couple. May you grow old together" and keep having my dinner. I'd have definitely turned the shock around to them. It would be so fun to see how THEY react to that.

• Interesting... I'd like to see that as well.

• I'd just softly but sternly tell them to leave and the same with my friend. I'd then apologize to my guests about the disturbance and tell them to continue having fun. I'd then go inside the house and sit in my room contemplating.

• Ummm... as good as that sounds I feel like you're deceiving yourself. Lol

• Go in your room and contemplate? I'd expect you to start getting rid of everything that reminds you of your SO (i. e. pictures and such)

• I don't mean contemplate about staying with them. Me telling them to leave was the end of the relationship. I just sit there thinking about the future and what I should do from that point forward. I don't really keep photos of people so there's nothing to really get rid of.

• I would knock her out then knock my ex friend out. 👊

• She might take a late night swim down the Hudson River if you know what I am talking about 😲😲😲

• I would be so horrified... I don't know exactly what I will do but I definitely will be extremely angry at her...

• "I'll pay for your meal if you leave this restaurant rigt now and NEVER talk to me again. Oh, and take your boyfriend with you. I don't want to see him again either."

• If they decide to stay, then I'm paying for my part of the bill and going home. My family and remaining friends will reschedule the dinner.

• Actually, no. I'm going home either way. It would ruin the mood too much. We'll reschedule for a week later, or something.

• Playing it calmly... I highly doubt I'd be able to keep my composure.

• I'd beat her ass until she was bleeding.

• I'd sick my sisters on her after all its not polite for a man to smack a bitch.

• I would cry... far away from home.

• I wouldn't have to do anything my sister would tear her apart and as for the friend, revenge is a dish best served cold

• I'd like to say I could stay calm and do nothing, just ask them to leave, but I've never been in a situation remotely like that so I have no idea what I'm capable of in that case.

What Girls Said 13

• I would probably give them a speech about what a egg-sucking piece of shit they were and I would probably yell something like: You had a tiny penis anyways!

• I would laugh in their face, focus on myself, and find someone better down the road.

Excuse me, I forgot to add, I would muster the strength to laugh in their face, I would kick them out of where ever we were, finish the rest of my food, open my gifts, have a blast, focus on myself, get over them (it would be pretty quick), and I would find someone much much better.

• I like this answer. :) Hopefully the laughter makes it unsettling for them.

• I would hope they think I'm crazy and heartless.

• In my country cheaters get 5 years of jail, so if I want to be a 😈😈😈😈😈 I will call the 🚔🚔🚔 and I will get my revenge mwahahhHh
    I will probably drop the case but I would want to scare the shit out of him first 😤

• I would kill that fucker.

I would sleep with the first person I'd see in front of him.

Fuck my family, the bastard needs to die.

• Immediate revenge. O_O

• fuck yeah, it would be a "little" revenge, because I would do something else, the dude will regret he was born

• I'd smile sweetly and say "well, you enjoy her, honey... she told me just last week that she has chlamydia."

Then I'd calmly turn and walk to the restroom where I could cry in private lol

• My ex boyfriend told me he sucked a guys dick on my birthday. I just said "okay". When he told me a few months later he'd got his dick sucked by my best friend (boy) I just said "okay" and never spoke to him again. I would do the same thing now. Every time I've been cheated on that's all I say and all I will ever say.

• I like the response you gave but wtf is up with your ex?

• Lord knows honey, that's why he's an ex.

• me and my family and friends would curb stomp them both.

• Lol, I was waiting for this response.

• I'd be super offended but in public I'd probably just say "okay, bye"
    I think my family's reactions would actually be the ones to worry about, not mine.

• Well... this is just me but I would punch the guy and kick both of them out. I don't need lying, two-faced people in my life.

• Honestly I would be devasted. I would cry

• Silent tears, sit in shock, get numb or something.

My heart would break💔

• I'd be like, well then I don't see why you are sitting on this table. Please leave and don't forget to pay for your food filthy bastard. Then I'd call the waiter and tell him I am not paying for this idiot. I'd go one about my night and thank god that i was given the gift of truth on my birthday.

• You would've handled it very well!