Girls, if you later find out that your boyfriend/husband was a man who feels fear and distrust a lot because he was traumatized?

from his childhood of being abused and molested by someone, would you still stay with him or leave him?

Let's say you watch a horror movie with him that involves rape/sexual assault (particularly from a monster or ghost) and he shields his own eyes out of fear. You question him as a man and your dating taste. Then he later tells you after all these years of nevef telling you this, that he was beaten, verbally harmed and molested as a child because he feels that you'll never care for his r@pe/molestation experience.

Would you still stay with him or leave him?

• Stay with him.
    100% (13)
  • Leave him. He should have manned up.
    0% (0)
  • Others
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

5

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl that has experienced rape and child molestation I can say with 100% certainty there's no way in hell there would be judgement from me. My last boyfriend was sexually abused and opened up about it about 5 months into the relationship, it didn't change my perspective on him at all, it just made me more aware. I think anyone who leaves for that reason is a bit of a close-minded coward, but that might just be me.

What Girls Said 4

• Oh my goodness, I would do my very best to be supportive and make him feel accepted/safe. It breaks my heart to think that traumatized men are pressured to "man up" and internalize that standard for themselves. No no no. No.

• Damn wtf? It wasn't a choice he made. It happened to him. He shouldn't be blamed and looked down at!! R u even human? What if that was you, or your kid? The fuck? If u can't handle him or help him, leave him.. God knows y he trusted to tell u.. And perhaps therapy could help him.

• I'll support him and be there for me. I'd be a coward if I left someone cause of that

• Fuck the whole concept of 'manning up'. Men are humans, they're just as vulnerable as women and deserve just as much support when they've suffered traumatizing experiences.

I would stay with him and want to help him.