Would you date someone who wrote erotic fiction for a living?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get why this would be a problem. I would even say it's a good thing. Lots of scenarios she would be interested in trying I imagine.
    I do it sometimes as a hobby for friends. I don't have the talent to make money out of it though.

• Because you're going to have a bunch of stories written about all the things you do sexually. Any little inadequacy you have is going to play out in how the characters interact... unless the writer you're dating is having sex and getting inspiration from someone else

• When I'm writing, I don't turn real people into characters. I don't write about scenarios I've had in my own sex life. What I try to do is capture the feeling an experience had or could have, and completely fictionalize everything else. If I was exhilarated, I create a different scene that creates the same feeling. Some of it might be similar to my personal experience (like if a feeling required a specific situation to create), but any dialogue or character traits are completely made up.

• I would be curious to read you @asker. Is your target mainly females or is it for both?

What Guys Said 21

• Probably not, but only because I am a participant of #NoFap and I believe pornography (which can be in the form of videos, writings, pictures, audio, etc) is very bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU

In fact, writings can be worse because the fantasies will be even more distorted from reality.

So personally, no, as an opponent of pornography, I would not want to date someone who produces it herself.

• If we were dating then she would pretty much be writing an autobiography.

• No, no particular reason I just wouldn't want to date someone who sat there fantasizing all day and spewing it onto a page.

• Yeah then I could contribute hilarious ideas.

• The few people I've known who have written erotic fiction (one of them is published)... They're _REALLY_ not very good writers.

Writing porn isn't really difficult. It's not about development or story. It's just about giving the majority whatever is the cheapest thrill you can think of.

• VERY, VERY seldomly do you come across an erotic piece of literature that was actually written and created with some level of care. If she was a talented author, then yeah, but I'd have to question why she limits herself to a medium where all you have to do is write "and then he came on her tits" at the end of every story

• Most erotica is terrible, sometimes to the point of being offensive. Sex is like art to me, and I do my best to capture the beauty of pleasure and passion instead of writing something akin to a cheap porno. It's not just about getting off, at least for me!

• Is she rich then? Then absolutely. In any case, someone writing an erotic fiction for a living won't really affect me that much

• As long as she's not brain storming with other guys I'm ok with it. She's probably be extra creative in bed

• Oh God yes! Do you write?

• Sure, and we could invent some scenarios to inspire her writing...

• Sure, i don't see a problem with it. She must have a way with words ;)

• yes please... <3

• sure XD why not. if she can actually make a living of it, there´s no problem whatsoever about it.

• Well i may be kinda into that in the future... hope that doesn't scare people from me.

• yes , i can help her , i had tons of kinky idea ; p

• Yes, and I'd hope they put their writing into oractice.

• Sure! Particularly if she were hot and her fiction turned me on!

• If you're talking about yourself? Then yes 😂

• Sounds great.

• As long as it wasn't ghastly like 50 sucks of dick. And if she was passionate about her writing and put effort into it.

Honestly if she was good and i respected her work i could fall in love. Writing is important to me.

• Sure. Maybe she can do a demo on me 😉

• It is the equivalent of directing porn.

What Girls Said 6