Do you think that being persistent (flirting) can work? Would you stand a very persistent person?

I'm asking this because my best friend who's absolutely gorgeous and has all the guys attention, recently started dating a below average really nice guy. He has been madly in love with her for the past 2 years and she didn't give him much attention and she was seing other very handsome men (she friend zoned him).
But somehow his peristence payed off and she started liking him...
I personnaly wouldn't stand it, if I don't feel it from the first few minutes, chances are it will never change.
I'm not shallow but I hate overally persistent people. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like a great guy :) <3
    persistence can pay off (rarely), but its how you go about your persistence,
    a persistent person can easily turn into a pest...

I would like to say i dont hate persistent people, but i kind of do, its ironic because i am persistent at times :p

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you it really depends on the person. This guy was lucky that his persistance paid off. She decided to date this guy and he's very lucky. I would say persistance does pay off, but you have to play your cards right.

I don't like it when people bug me constantly about stuff. But if the guy came to me or was flirting with me over a year or so periodically then I would not get annoyed. It would be the everyday flirting even after I said I wasn't interested that would bug me.

However, if I liked the guy I would be thrilled :)

What Guys Said 6

• Dating is one of the very few aspects where persistence has the least likelihood of success. This guy you mentioned, just got lucky. It's just the exception, rather than the norm.

• Persistence pays off in a lot of areas not just relationship wise. I think it shows the other that the persistent person really does like them and I think there's a romantic side to persistence

• Didn't some guy here say girls date guys less attractive as something called social proof?

• She basically put him on the side burner and once she explored her options... she scooped him up as a second, third or even 4th choice

Some men are ok with being second as long as they get the girl

• I think it's okay to not give up after the first failure (of course depends a little bit on how it went), but if someone has clearly no interest at all I think it would probably get annoying after some time

• Well I was persistent once and it payed of for me too :)

What Girls Said 1

• In some instances yes, in others, no. Like most times, persistence in that instance would annoy me. Mainly because it's usually overbearing and repetitive.