Do girls on dating sites just make an account to raise their self esteem?

We all know the ratio is absurd when it comes to online dating. But very often you will talk to a girl and she will disappear or not reply. I get the feeling a lot of these girls have such low self esteem, to the point where all they look for is compliments that they dont actually get in real life. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure some of them do. It all goes back to the fact that at least 7/10 people have an agenda, some mission they silently seek to accomplish. They'll usually never outright say what that agenda is; you just have to get good at thinking about what people are not saying or showing when they're interacting with you. Anyhow, yes, there are a lot of females who desperately use likes, follows, and requests on social media as tools to patch up their broken self-esteem.

I think this is a very unhealthy habit and it won't get to the core of the problem. If you have low self-esteem, then you need to dismantle the truths behind that with honesty, humility, and self-awareness rather than becoming codependent on others to make you feel highly valuable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you get hungry if you don't eat food?

What Girls Said 3

• Don't take anyone on the internet seriously at all... unless they are asking for legit help but everyone else... take what they say with a pinch of salt, it's just their playground, don't be silly enough to believe "dating" sites are actually for dating lol i went on a few and all i got was weird guys with Face Fetish's (which is far worse than just someone who likes facial features, they have loads of folders of photos they saved of girls online and use it for sexual gratification), and guys trying to fool me into having sex with them... lol, it's not for all the extremely loyal people out there who wouldn't hurt a fly, because they will hurt you.

• I've heard about tinder, don't you just swipe people?
    I've wanted to make an account just to swipe through guys pictures

• A lot of the time, yes. They use it for a quick ego boost, which is just an insult to people who are genuinely looking for a serious relationship.

What Guys Said 0