Is it wrong of me to hang out with my ex boyfriend?

I have been on a few dates with a guy from my college class but we aren't in a relationship. After we hung out, we didn't hang out that much because we were both busy. My ex boyfriend still has feelings for me and the relationship ended badly when we broke up last year. Is it wrong of me to hang out with my ex if I'm officially not in a relationship with the guy in my class?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could definitely be considered as very inappropriate, inconsiderate, and tactless towards your ex and towards the new guy. This situation can easily make you look tacky, selfish, and self-absorbed if you are not open and honest, ALLOWING THEM BOTH to make an INFORMED DECISION about your choice. Rather than deciding for them that they will be put in a possibly awkward, uncomfortable position because you don't feel like choosing one or the other.

What Guys Said 7

• If I'm in your shoes (I'm a guy still hanging out with my ex-girl), this would hinder me from completely moving on. I would be comparing this new girl (or any girl I meet) to my ex. My ex and I have this history, a lot of good memories despite a bad break-up. And my ex still likes me so chances are she's only my friend in hopes that we get back together, which could happen, but chances are because of the bad break-up, history will repeat itself. I'm all for exes staying friends if they can be amicable but bad break-ups tend to not be that way. And it's bad that one of the people involved is still in love.

Say I'm this guy in your class or any future guy you go out with: I don't know you're hanging out with you ex. But eventually I find out you are. I'm going to be wondering if you two still have something going on. No one really likes their new flame (whether they're exclusive or not) hanging out with an ex. And knowing that he's still into you? That won't fly with me. Chances are, other guys won't either.

For your sake, if you have no intention of getting back together with your ex, you need to part ways with him until he gets over you. Usually this means when he starts dating another girl. Being friends with him will hinder your chances of having a healthy relationship with a new guy. Guaranteed.

• If you want to date someone else, it can be a conflict of interest which could cause jealousy issues or even prevent someone from asking you out in the first place. I would not want my girlfriend hanging with her ex, so I don't think it is a good idea.

• It's your call, but, it's going to have an effect on your future relationships with guys. Most guys are not going to be comfortable with their girlfriend being friends with hanging out with a guy who had his thingy in her (or enjoying each other's bodies)

• There shouldn't be anything wrong with that. The right guy for you won't get jealous for hanging out with other guys unless he thinks you are going to sleep with your ex again.

• It's like they say x's are x's for a reason. If it really did end as bad as you say you should ask yourself if you're willing to risk it happebing again

• Well unless you're planning to reestablish your relationship, no.

• Coming this from a girl and experience, the ex is just jealous that you're attention is on someone else. I think you shouldn't hangout with your ex, it didn't workout for a reason in the 1st place. Give the other a guy a chance and if it doesn't workout, go back to your ex.

-Ks

What Girls Said 2

• No as long as the ex is single and you two know each other anyways. The ex could want you back and when found out you were going on dates with guy from school ex decided to make a move to stop him from getting with you. Pay attention to the exes motives though.

• no :P