He told me that he hopes I die in a car crash?

Was this really called for? We've only been talking since the beginning of this month, we just met. We had an argument on the phone earlier about him telling me that some girl he knew had a nice ass. I told him I was done with him and didn't deserve this disrespect and then he told me he hopes I die in a car crash and hung up on me. I think he has a temper, how could he say this to me and we just met? He's 21 if that makes a difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• he is immature... just ignore, it's good that it ended fast.. you deserve much better

What Guys Said 13

• Time to move on.

• It makes no difference. Someone says something like that to me, They no longer exist as far as I am concerned. They are dead to me.

• Sounds immature.

• I guess he wasn't really interested in you, but you certainly overreacted as well. Telling someone you're done with them at the first glance of a conflict is typically either used for emotional abuse, or is just proof of not very mature conflict handling.

He probably triggered you to have a reason to make you break it off with him.

• That's how you react when he says another girl has a nice ass really? Looks like he dodged a bullet... This relationship never even had a chance if it's all it took.

• We were on the phone and out of nowhere he starts talking about another girl saying she's pretty, had a cute face, slim waist and nice ass. And I'm like what the fuck? I'm not your male friend.

• Insults are for arguments, I was under the impression this was a debate. You seem to be reacting on impulse now. Your responses are far fetched. Taking things to "what ifs" that don't have a lot to do with this conversation. So I draw the line here because I'm not going to argue with someone about acting like an adult who clearly doesn't understand the concept himself.

• @Joga_Dust
      Actually, argument and debate are synonymous.
      I was willing to have a civil debate with you, but looking down on me and insinuating I have no standards is not a good way to do so. The funny thing is that you then you say I am the one insulting you.

I don't see how you can say that I reacted on impulse. I feel you may have said that because it sounded good? I have read you carefully and took my time to answer you. Where is the impulse here?

• You were done with him after he said that.. Not very tolerant are you?

Saying that he hopes you die in a car crash was not called for and also dumb.

Basically you're both awful and you should be together.

• "We had an argument on the phone earlier about him telling me that some girl he knew had a nice ass. I told him I was done with him"

Yeah, you did that to yourself.

• Well, that's an asshole.

• You both need to chill...

• I say that to people all the time.

• Can't say I would have done anything different than he did

• I am 21 and would never say something like that to anyone, especially a woman I was interested in.

• Wow. Are you trolling?

What Girls Said 10

• Let's just say that you dodged a bullet! You definitely didn't deserve his rude comment. Just be glad that you have him out of your life now.

He sounds like a real loser!

• You need to stop talking to him. He is disgusting.

• Doesn't make a difference, just makes him less remorseful and less comprehensive of another's feelings. If he cared how either comment made you feel, he wouldn't have said it. Unless of course he's the type (like me) that has to hurt you ten times harder when he feels hurt. Either way, not a situation you'll want around for long. And I don't think you wanna see how far that temper can go. Even verbal abuse can be extremely traumatizing.

• His age doesn't make a difference and people do say things out of anger but that was very uncalled for

• if he is like that in the beginning, better to move on as fast as u can
    red flag

• and I am not talking about his comment on the girls ass, but about what he said after: u should die in a car crash. really mature

• no thats fucked up. the fact that he's saying that to you and you just met shows the type of person he is. shitty. lol.
    he's a complete idiot. thats so uncalled for and i'd just leave it as is and move the fuck on. that's so sad and pathetic. i would never wish that upon anybody.

• Does it matter? You're done with him.

• That's really insensitive of him to stay. He owes you an apology.
    It's best if you don't talk to him ever again.

• firstly sounds like he was just trying to make you jealous and want him.
    But what he said is uncalled for, get rid of that!!

• My brother says this to me all the time