Do ALL guys cheat?

I LOVE my boyfriend so fucking much i want to spend ALLL the time with him. As soon as we turn 18 he wants to marry me. He tells me that all the time. I dumped him once because there was a rumour going around that he was staring at another girls ass and im not ok with that. And he attempted suicide because he said he couldnt be without me. He failed thank god. But later I found out he wasn't and my best friend was jeaulous of our relationship and tried to break us up. We text 24/7 sometimes it honestly feels like he's more into me than I am him him. But I still love him so much. we have been dating for almost a year. I know he's not like one of those guys who will use a girl for sex because he knows if im not ok with it then he won't ask. I have never ever in my life felt this way about a guy. But I always read stuff on the internet about guys cheating and 70% of guys cheated on their wives. And that freaks me out so much. Especially since those guys chose to marry there wives but then they cheated on them. Im so scared he will cheat on me. He promised me he would never ever dump me or cheat on me. He also goes to a different high school which makes it easier for him to cheat. I actually planned on being single for my whole life until I met him. Should I stop worrying? Or do you think he will?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, everything seems to going so good for you, these are very good signs and your guy seems to love you so much. I can understand your fears and concerns and yes it's not invalid, it's fully justified, but then you must understand that not all men will cheat, not everyone has a desire to cheat, only those men will cheat who have always had the desire to cheat, those who are emotionally greedy meaning they are never satisfied with what they have they always want more ( psychologically speaking).

I don't know how your guy is but if your guy is like this:

1. If he never flirts with other women.

2. He doesn't have a wandering eye. He has eyes only for you.

3. With others he is really uptight, unavailable but with you he is totally relaxed and available.

4. Does he have good morals, values and does he live up to them.

Hence if your guys is like the way I have mentioned above in points, then it's just impossible that your guy will cheat on you, I am confident about that, why? because people who have high morals, values will definitely not do something like cheating. No.

However that's the risk that comes along with relationships/marriage and that's something you need to decide for yourself.

Lastly to tell you again, NO, not all men cheat, not all men have it in their blood to cheat. I'll give you a link, another post from this site, it's not related to your post, but it's related to cheating.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1655742-how-to-not-cheat-on-your-partner

Please read my reply to that question. Hopefully that will give you some confidence in your guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• For one you're crazy and two he's crazy. Two crazy people don't need to be together. You have an extremely irrational fear of being hurt and have a horrible amount of distrust in men. Do all women cheat? Are all women whores? No? Then the same applies to guys. The fact that this is even a question is insane and you seriously don't need to be in a relationship if you're so terrified of love at your age, that's not normal. And your boyfriend doesn't need to be with anyone either. He was seriously going to kill himself in the name of love? As romantic as that might sound to you he's extremely unstable and needs mental evaluation because what the actual fuck? Work on yourself and learn that if you get your heart broken you're gonna get over it and it's not the end of the world. Your under 18 for goodness sakes!! You've got like 70 years of life left on this earth and you're going to waste it away being afraid of your heart because of someone stupid teen boy that can hardly tell his left from his right? I say you grow a pair and take life head on! Stop being scared of being happy!

What Guys Said 25

• Don't marry him! If you break up with him just because of a rumor, save yourself the money from the wedding and the divorce.

To answer your question: No, of course not all men cheat. Do all women cheat? Cause I know of many many many women that have cheated.
    Also, don't just pull out fake statistics to prove a point.

• She's a kid who went through school drama. Of course they'd do something silly like breaking up over a rumor. Most adults here have done something equally as stupid anyway. They can still grow up, dude.

• @ThisDudeHere Yeah, but he wants to marry her when he turns 18, it's not like they're gonna be 20+.

• Well... yeah... that's a different issue.

• I saw at least 4 different reasons why he will cheat on you...
    (yes, i know, its not what you want to hear but darling, im not here to tell you what you want to hear, you can do that by yourself)
    I've always said that in most cases of cheating, the person that got cheated on, is USUALLY the reason.
    You dumped him because you Heard a rumor that he looked at another girls ass?
    helloooooo... its OK to look, just because you don't want to get compared doesn't mean he has to reject his manhood. also, its not like he did it with you around, it was a RUMOR.
    You said you text 24/7... from experience, when that wears down, he won't talk to you for at least a week.
    trust me, this is more of a crush than anything if y'all act like that... your actions and expectations will eventually make him leave/cheat.

• That is a irrational question. Do all women cheat? I have known men who where cheated on by their wives so does that then mean that all women cheat? Obviously not. On a side note your relationship sounds unhealthy and I would be rather cautious about jumping into things.

• Wow thanks for lumping us all together. You've made me and several other guys butthurt now. That's like saying "are all girls sluts?" Do we really need to answer that for you? Use some common sense and stop being so paraniod. If you keep this up it WILL ruin your relationship eventually.

• yes, I cheated on my Spanish test.

• You never know. All you can have is communication and trust.

• Wow! You seriously need to go to church or some thing. Your post has so many WTF levels to it.
    1. you two shouldn't be talking about getting married. You're under age. You should be thinking of college or a career. Not getting married
    2. You dumped him because you heard a "rumor" that he was looking at other chicks ass? Seriously? Insecure maybe?
    3. You say that he is more into you than you are into him. So why they hell are you with him then? Then you say that you "love him so much". your statement makes no sense.
    4. Your %70 percent of men cheat on their wives sounds like bullshit. Either you're full of bullshit and made this up or you are reading the wrong internet sites. Sounds like you are insecure.
    5. You are already set in your head that he is going to cheat because you are insecure and acting foolish. You even mention imaginary excuse in your post such as "He goes to a different high school which makes it easier for him to cheat." I think
    I think that no matter what you do or what he does you are going to think he cheated. You worry to much because you are insecure and sound like a pain in the ass.

• Stop worrying, these generalizations suck, if he has even attempted suicide because he wanted to be with you, he won't cheat on you.

• stop worrying. also, women that are married or not cheat just as much as guys. look at men that are deployed overseas. half of them end up getting divorced when coming back home. how do I know? because of personal experience. my exwife cheated on me and told me she wanted divorced while I was deployed. either way don't worry about and if it happens then you deserve a hell of a lot better.

• it JUST happened to me today :/

• Well, No, I have never made the choice to cheat. I have been married to my wife for nearly twelve years now. There are plenty of men and women out there who are not above cheating. But then again, There are those who don't feel compelled to do that.

• You sound like a crazy obsessed bitch tbh. Broke up because of a rumor he checked out another girls ass? As if you've never dreamed or imagined brad pitt or some shit.

• Oh man, I don't miss being a teenager. To answer your question. No, not all men cheat. I've never cheated.

• No, not all guys cheat. You seem to have some insecurity about it at a young age; have you been cheated on before?

I also find that not being a cheater makes it difficult to break up with someone if they love you and think they can change. If they can write you off as a loser who cheats, then it's easy for them, but if you don't I find it difficult to get them to let go.

• HAHAHAHAHAH nope. Cheaters cheat.

• do all girls cheat? no of course not. most guys are loyal. it´s just that you don´t hear a lot of stories about "loyal guys" as they´re not that interesting.

• unless it is an actual scientific survey you shouldn't trust any percentages you find on the internet

• Are you a troll? I mean you want to marry him but you are ready to dump him over staring at a girls ass? Wait till he burns dinner your going to bury him 6 feet under after that

• No and I think a lot of guys dislike being lumped in with scumbags.

• For every cheater there are at least two or three men who are faithful.

• Guys don't cheat but douchebags like your boyfriend do!

Next time use paragraphs!

• NO, hardly. at least 55% of everyone is monogamous (based on the newly-discovered "Cheater's Gene" that the other 45% seem to have). Besides, most men do not have the clout or ability to cheat, as they are not very good at finding partners. by the way latest stats show it's 50-50 concerning who cheats more (and I remember some studies going back about 7-8 years that at that time showed women cheated at a significantly higher rate, phrased as :"Have you ever cheated against a SO, spouse or gf/bf since your first-ever relationship?" i. e. over one's entire life - but since these things change rapidly, that should not be the primary stat to go by; by the way that study showed about 65% of women and about 50% of men had at some point).

• Of course... not

• All men are cheaters in the same way all women are gold diggers.

• because all dogs are cute

• Yeah I have a different girl for every day of the week

What Girls Said 23

• Not all men cheat. However, all men will stare at a hot girl's assets. Please don't ever expect this to change. The difference is that a good guy doesn't leer at women. I'm sorry for this harsh truth. No woman likes it. But there it is. It has nothing to do with how much a guy loves you, or respects you.
    However, I might consider dating this guy a while longer before you decide to tie the knot. People change over the years. It's good to know if the two of you are going to be changing in the same direction (career, family, ideals, etc.). That's where, from what I've seen, marriages break down.
    I hope this helps. I wish you the best. ~M

• If he stares at girls that much that other people notice I would accept it , me that Already jealous that would tick me off to the max !! I just find it disrespectful , you can look at other people obviously but not in front of me or in a way other people notice. Just because he looks at other girls doesn't mean he's gonna cheat and yeah men who are married chest but maybe he's in the 30% that don't cheat. You can't sways think of the worse just talk to him and tell him. If he doesn't stop then tell him you need space and show him to respect the fact that what he's doing is bothering you and if he doesn't care and keeps on doing it then forget him.

• If you seriously think that all guys on this planet cheat, I worry for your brain.

Oh, and here come the angry and offended GAG guys all over the world to bestow their hatred.

Just kidding I have no idea what I'm saying

I need to go do my sign language homework

Bye

• You're way to young to get married. Men cheat for many reasons. Most of which you won't understand until you have more life experience. Women cheat too and you're relationship is unhealty (you won't agree but oneday you will) ps. I was you 15 years ago. Xo

• No, there isn't a thing that ALL guys do the same. Aside from maybe smile, kiss their girl the basics. Other than that, all men are different, their own individuals.

Stop worrying. Not all boys cheat.

• Nobody can possibly tell if he's going to cheat.. but you're being to hard by being pissed because he looked at someone's ass. Why? Well because we all do that all the time, men and women. As long as he looks but doesn't touch you should be okay with that lol
    And just live in a moment, if you're happy with him and love him, just stop worrying. :)

• You dumped him for looking at another girls ass?

• First off... if you dumped him over a rumour, then you REALLY should not be getting married yet. Grow up a little bit first.

Second, believing that all men cheat is ridiculous. I don't know where you got that statistic, but until I see the study it came from, I don't believe it.

• We dated twice when i dumped him i was still a child lol

• I hate to break it to you, but you're still a child. Your attitude seems very immature, so I stand by my advice to not plan on getting married so soon.

• Girl, I'm eighteen and dear god the thought of marriage isn't even in my head. I think if you're freaking out over a rumour and believing online articles about cheating men then you're probably not ready to commit to the ring. Staring at a girls butt isn't breakup material to me. Hell, I do it.
    Not all guys cheat of course.
    Can we just talk about his attempted suicide because of not being able to be with you? That's like... insane. I would be terrified.

• I don't even know where to start with how unhealthy this relationship sounds...

• No.

----------------
    Not all.

• this sounds like a very unhealthy relationship

• No. Not all men cheat.

Also, that marriage ain't gonna last long...

• Y'all need to flippin calm down, under 18. Just study for the PSAT man, you be here wanting to get married but I doubt you'll get married if y'all end up flippins som damn burgers.

• Not all guys cheat. But it sounds like you'd break up with him at the drop of a hat. That doesn't bode well

• Oh to be young... Not all guys cheat a year is nothing two years is nothing if you marry him when your 18 one ode you will cheat

• No , some are faithful you just have to find the right one. Most of the guys who will be faithful are put int the friend-zone, though.

• Yes but it could be any kind of cheating

• You made me facepalm so hard.

In all seriousness, though, you have A LOT of growing up to do. Unfortunately, I think that even when you've reached your peak of maturity, you'll still be considered immature by many people.

I can't suggest you do anything because I don't think you're capable of really hearing people and taking their words and advice to heart. I think you are the kind of person who asks for advice, but goes and does whatever they want anyway... to the dismay and frustration of everyone that put in the time to hear you out and offer their advice.

If you even have to ask if ALL men cheat, I can only wonder what other nonsense goes on in your head. Wait, I take that back, don't even want to wonder what goes on in your head.

• People who date in high school, just remember, very few tie the knot. But yes. There are cases of true love. If you're a Christian, then read this, if not, ignore it. Just take this as the devil trying to shoot all evil and bad stuff to your relationship because he knows it's true. Actually, none of us here knows if you guys are fated or not, but you could meet him regularly for reunion.

• You both need therapy. Or to grow up a lot. This is not a healthy relationship. You should be discovering who you are as a person not who you are with him. You're talking marriage! What are you 16/17. God if you're younger than that my daughter won't be aloud to date until 18. This is why kids need active level headed parents. Their hormones are driving them crazy!
    List of things you said that shows this is a disaster and won't last forever.
    He tried to kill himself because y'all broke up. (You should be telling his parents. Getting him the help he needs. Not taking it as a romantic gesture)
    You broke up with him for checking out other girls. But you don't care that he does it... (do you see the contradiction here?)
    The fact you think he's into you more means you shouldn't get married. You're suppose to love each other equally.
    Last but not least.
    You don't trust him in the slightest. You don't know enough about the world to realized there are good people and bad people. There are people that will break your heart. There are people that will cherish your heart.
    You can't say he's any of that because you already don't trust him for no good reason you've mentioned.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to fall in love as a teen but if you want to act like you're an adult and plan adult things then you should start maturing. Every thing about this screams "I'm a kid and I'm not ready!"

• He is going to therapy. And did care that he did. I didn't just dump him because of that. I dumped him because when he also told that girl that he liked her and wanted to date her. But later he just told me it was a joke. And she really likes him also. And we both wouldn't marry as soon as we turn 18 we would wait a bit.

• Ok sounds a bit better then. Still don't forget to work on yourselves individually as well as together. If you define yourselves by the other person you most likely won't last forever.

• ... god I am so glad I am out of high school. The relationship sounds unhealthy just ditch him and move on.

• No more than women do.