Is it weird that I'm with a guy shorter than me?

Honestly, I don't mind it. He's 5'3" and I'm 5'5". I think people tend to stare at us, and it kinda throws me off because I rarely think about his height compared to mine. I just want to know if the people that stare find it weird, or if they're staring because I'm white and he's Asian. It's not gonna affect how I think of our relationship, I just wish I understood why people stare at us.

• Yeah, that's weird.
  • Nah, who cares?

Most Helpful Guy

• I respect how open minded you are :) and also your ability to go for what your heart wants and not give a sh** about what other people think which I think is a valuable quality to have ;DD

However, I'm not going to lie, I might be a little surprised simply because it's not the norm but I don't have anything against it, I may even be encouraging of this xD

I'm just really surprised to see this!

What Guys Said 12

• Are you happy?

If yes, then don't care about what people think. Those are lame people anyway.

• not too unusual, both my parents are about the same height 5'5'' (not too diff from ur case since 2'' isn't too prominent anyway, esp if he wears shoes) and i personally never saw it as weird. But at my height (5'11''), i would feel dating a girl taller than me xD

• It's not common, but it's not a bad thing. Just keep doing you.

• Not at all. If you both love each other then who cares what others think

• Happiness comes in all shapes and sizes... don't argue it just enjoy what you have!

• NO IT IS NOT. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT!

• No its not weird ha

• I guess Asian people are often a little smaller but to me it would be no problem at all :D
    Just be happy with him, and if people stare let them do... they don't have a reason!

• Love is love. Height ain't got shit on love :D.

• Again. Society brainwashed by the media and stereotyping. Ask yourself this...
    1/ Does he make you happy?
    2/ Does your parents like him?
    3/ Does he a good b/f?
    4/ Does other people going to pay you money to date him?
    5/ Why do you care so much what other thinks?

• Like I said, I rarely notice his height, it's other people that do. And I don't give a damn what they think, I just wonder if that's what they're thinking when they're staring. If so, they can all fuck off. I do love him, a lot. And I know that's what really matters.

• OK then you don't have to worry about what other people are thinking :D. Have a great relationship..

• Give him your heels

• It's weird but there's nothing wrong with it. Most women avoid dating a shorter guy like the plague so it's unusual to see one date a guy shorter than themselves.

What Girls Said 6

• Nah girls, don't worry about it. There's a similar 2-3" height difference between myself and my boyfriend, I being taller. I just read further in your question and I'm white, he's Asian too. :P

People can think what they want about that breaking a silly societal norm be it the height one or interracial thing. If he makes you happy, don't concern yourself with what others think. The only way to move towards actual equality, in those respects as well, more people will have to throw all fucks to the wind and just date whoever they want.
    In the end, you're the one in the relationship with him, not anyone else. :)

• If you're happy and he's happy, and neither of you are concerned with the height difference, then that's all that matters.

• Once you are both happy ignore others. People will always stare

• nope i dont think its that big of a deal

• It's unusual, but who cares? If your into each other, what difference does it make?

• It doesn't really matter to me but...
    My mom and dad are so rude about it.
    They say he's short enough to "reach" your breasts...
    They also say that to my sister because her boyfriend is shorter than her by a few inches.

It's super weird in my situations. lol