I have had my heart broken twice by my boyfriend what should I do?

I have had my heart broken twice by my boyfriend :( both times were cheating

i am in 9th grade and he's in 7th grade I don't know what to do... I mean my brain is telling me that I should break up with him. But yet I still have feeling for him. All I can think about is all the good times we had together.

All of my friends think I'm stupid for still having feelings for him and now they think I'm desperate but I'm not I just have feelings for him still. Does this mean I'm in love?
I don't understand why I still want him.

Does it sound desperate to still want him?
Because that's what my friends say...

Most Helpful Guy

• Do this mean you are in love? No. You just like him. It's perfectly normal to still like and have feelings for someone that you were in a relationship with. But the strong are able to move on and do what is best for themselves. What is best for yourself is to move on. The fact that you still have feelings doesn't mean you're desperate. It means that your feelings were and still are genuine. A persons feelings doesn't just go away. If they did, then they didn't truly like the person in the first place. Yes, you want him, but move on. He cheated on you twice. If you go back to him he will continue to cheat on you. And why wouldn't he? I mean, he's cheating and you're still staying around. There is no consequence for his action. You're letting him get away with it by going back to him. So, move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not stupid or desperate for having feelings for him still. You obviously like him and you have been with him for some time. I would say it's pretty normal to still have feelings for a guy even though things may not be going well.

You're boyfriend is cheating on your and that's not okay. You deserve to be happy and with a guy who is going to be good to you.

I think you need to lean on your friends and try to keep busy. There will be other guys, trust me! You are so young and you have a long life ahead of you. There are plenty of guys out there who will treat you right :)

What Guys Said 36

• Love is not rational
    it's typical to feel this way. I've been betrayed twice by ex girlfriends and despite that betrayal there was a part of me that always felt like I should give things another chance

we tend to fear losing the good in a relationship we develop. it takes time to develop. it is both an emotional and physical investment of our time and energy. however, that emotional investment tends to blind us to the facts. so the simple fact we have to ask yourself: Is the investment worth the emotional betrayal? AND is it really something we want to continue to put ourselves through

• 7th graders are cheating now? What the hell?
    Anyway, why would you stay with someone that hurts you... just move on, it's not love.

• Well all the good times you two have had don't mean squat if he would cheat on you , not once but twice. In my opinion you need to drop this cheating looser and go find a new guy to make memories with. If your boyfriend has done it twice he won't stop as he seems to be comfortable being a cheater

• You should blame yourself for being hurt the second time and for all the hurt that comes in the future. You can't have just the good times with a person; you get the whole package, including the bad times. Remember, follow your heart into a relationship but follow your head out of a relationship.

• You should break up. I know that's going to be hard but it's for the best in the end. I've been there, it takes time, some days are just brutal and yout want so badly to talk to them again and make it work. But he will poetically do it again and again and you deserve better than that.

You're not stupid at all. It's perfectly normal to think that way when you have very strong feelings for someone. It's easy for your friends to think that because they aren't the ones feeling the emotions you are. You need to find ways to try and take your mind off him - go out with friends, anything to keep busy

• Dam 7th grader hooking up with a older chick... what a stud...

Focus in your classes.

• you know what you should do, is break off his penis, then make him eat it. so he can never hurt you or another girl ever again

• WTF, Kids here are doing romance and people like me who should do romance! Are doing Engineering 😂😂😂

• You two are very young. I know it may feel like it's the end of the world but trust me, it isn't. If he is cheating then he has no respect for you. The question is, why do you allow him to have this power and treat you this way? Do yourself a favor and look inside for that strength to know that you should never settle for someone who doesn't respect you.

You mentioned "all the good times", seriously, how about the bad times, how many times he has cheated, treated you poorly? Don't you deserve to be with someone who is only "good times" without all of the drama?

• Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It's about time you learn from your mistakes...

• Damn it you beat me to it. I came here to make this exact comment.

• You are too young for real relationships anyway. Have fun, move forward see other guys. It's time to experiment, not to settle down...

• i have been there... DO THIS... forget him... cheating twice means he will still cheat again... forget everything and move on

• You're too young to be going through any of this. Break up with him. You're spending time with a boy who doesn't appreciate you and I highly doubt either of you really know what love or heartbreak is. You should stay single. You need time to mature. Both of you do.

• Once a Once cheated always a cheated dump him now i know its hard. My mo. Dated my dad they has me he cheated on her then want on to having 15 kids then 10 years later my mom givehim another chance after he begged for her back and guest what he did to her? Cheated agin and this is a 30 year old something man. Si truest me your boyfriend will keep breaking your heart n cheating

• Puppy love:)
    Guys at that age don't care about necessarily anything, I would suggest just enjoying the time you got in high school and date an older guy

• I'm sorry but I find this rather pathetic xD. For one why are you dating someone is 7th grade, and for two I really wouldn't call it your heartbroken. You're 14

• Obviously he doesn't respect the relationship. Don't feel guilty for what he did, cheating is a personal choice and not the best one. It's caused from several reasons, however the best thing is to brake up before doing anything like that and he didn't. You also have that choice to stay or leave him but then if he cheated on you twice what respect he haves for what both of you build together?

• Give him 5 more chances, if he cheat all 5 times, then break up with him. If he doesn't cheat 5 times then he is your true love.

• He's only 12 and he's already cheating? Dump him. If he's already cheating while he's still a child it will get much worse for years to come. And each time it will hurt more and more. Get out while you can before you spiral into depression.

• Break up with him. Your emotionally attached but so is every other woman to there boyfriend. Leave him and that same felling for him you will have for your next boyfriend

• You're a girl and girls can get guys 20 times if not more faster than a guy can get a girl. Go with your boyfriend to the mall or similar and show him how fast you can get a guy, then stick with that guy.

• Honestly u should not care about what people[ur friends basically] say. If u do care, ur ruining ur life. Do what u feel is right. If u still have feelings 4 him, then go 4 it. Seriously dont let ur freinds tell u what to do. But i advice u to get another guy, cuz he broke ur heart 2 times. Its better u just leave him, One day I assure u, there is guy out there just 4 u, i know so and belive so.

• Stupei naive little gurls little. Keep stayen with him til u exp. enough 👌🏼

• Well it's happened twice so if you get back with him you shouldn't expect a happy ending.

• Your young!! And if he is cheating now, he always will, even if he doesn't want too. Stay away from him, find a a real man!

• You're a sucker. Period.

Change.

• you need to let him go, trust me, you will be happy

• Do the same things he did. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Why am i still on this planet?

• You need to get rid of him. Don't ruin the best years of your life.

• Buy him a gift like watch or ring maybe perfume or glasses

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 41

• I just Now saw this so let this wise ol owl interject and put you under her wing for a moment, @elizabeth2000, he is till Young, wet behind the ears in years here, dear, and if he has done this Twice, then a Third Strike... He is Out.
    It will always be a Full circle pattern because of his age and he is not ready nor raring to be in this Relationship. Even though You may be His Number One girl in his life, he is not into hooking up for a wife, sees other pretty faces in many other places. In essence, he wants his cake and eat it two.
    It's your choice, your call but the writing on the wall and all is, you both should stay friends right now.
    Good luck. xx

• you have to leave him.. it is a hard decision. but you gotta take it.. it wasn't about being pretty or anything, this is just about the fact that he is a cheating fucked up arse who doesn't deserve a girl like you.. and you deserve much better. you are a kid dealing with hormones and all.. that's why you are confusing this with love.. you will be so happy that you broke about later in your life.. trust me on this. i have been through this..

• You should really look at "My Take" on getting back with an ex. Is this a habit getting back with your ex? It’s like chewing your nails, picking your nose, singing songs while in the shower. Some habits never go away and if this is becoming a habit to the point that it’s like addiction you need to cut it off. Just because it’s easy and comfortable doesn’t mean it’s right for you. It’s like playing a video game, once you’ve played it and mastered it so many times you lose interest and begin to waste your time. Really take the time to reflect and think if you want this person in your life again or not... You might be wasting time.

• Break up with him.

Been there. Done that. It ended with cheating. Cheating is the worst thing, he has no respect for you and doesn't care about you no matter what he says. If he did, he wouldn't be able to stick his tongue down someone else's throat, think of someone else before he sleeps.

The good times are the past. Memories you'll have. Leave them as that, if you keep fighting, you'll ruin those memories.

• The math is pretty simple here. Just break up with him. Why are you putting yourself down by staying with a cheater? Are your feelings somehow less important than his?

• He's broken your heart twice already and he's 12 years old. Let him go. Spend time with your girl friends, go out, have fun. You are so young. Don't let this freeze you out of enjoying your youth. This kid doesn't deserve your attention. Maintain your self respect and stay away.

• A 7th grader who cheats? Totally not worth it. Maybe find somebody in your age group, not only will you be happier with someone who won't cheat, but maybe you'll find people that share a lot of common interests. Plus, you'd have the bonus of asking him for homework help. Who doesn't love that?

• the real question remains... why are you still with a cheater? a cheater will always keep on cheating

• Break up with him. 1. Because he's an ass. 2. Because it's disgusting that you're in grade 9 and dating a grade 7.

• listen to your brain.. or you'll regret later. I am telling this by personal experience.. do not think about the good times. it will make you weak.. and this is not love.. don't worry..

• Break up with him. Everyone deserves someone who doesn't cheat on them.

• Leave him before he damages your heart so much that you still don't trust guys even in your 20's.

• Girl he obviously has issues with maturity and you guys are young so just take a break for awhile, and trust me eventually you'll see why.

• Get rid of him and focus on school. What are you doing at such a young age with a bf? He's also too young to even be dating.

• Ok for one, he is way too young for you. And two, you are way too young to waste your time on him!! I understand you have feelings for him, but wouldn't you rather be in a relationship where you're happy? The only time it would say it's ok to forgive a cheater is if you're married to the guy and have kids to look out for. Otherwise, spend your youth flirting and being happy and having friends! You will eventually find the right guy for you.

• To begin... You are totally normal. Don't let your friends make you feel stupid.
    No, This does not necessarily mean you are in love, but it doesn't mean you aren't either. Only you can really tell that.
    However, whether it is like or love, you shouldn't stay with someone who is bad for you, which he is!
    I was in love a while ago with a guy who was not good for me. I finally let go, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

• Honey, you two are 15 and 13. Y'all don't need a relationship. break up with him, focus on school and find someone when you're older.

• You should break up with him, he's done it twice which means he'll do it again no doubt. Besides you're young you still have a lot of other guys to meet, and yeah it might feel like your world is ending, you might feel like you love him so much, but no don't let him take advantage of those feelings you deserve something better, someone who will respect you.

• Breakup with him, I can't believe he's cheated on you twice and you still haven't done so.

• girl... once a cheater, always a cheater. leave that asshole

• My older brother said the same thing.
      But I wanted to give him another chance and now he did it

• never give a second chance to a cheater... like i said, it's just what they do.. cheaters will never stop cheating

• Why... is he still your boyfriend?

• You can't be fixed by the same person who broke you.

• Hun your only 14 you have the world in front of you! don;t pay attention too guys

• If someone makes you feel that bad and they didn't even learn their lesson then forget them.

• You should break up with him. If he's cheated more than once he'll do it again. I know how you feel but trust me you'll move on.

• Bro ur not gunna marry that guy so just drop him... before he drops you and it's embarrassing

• I f he is cheating then you should dump him he should be loyal to you because he is your boyfriend if he loved you he wouldn't cheat

• BREAK UP WITH HIM. Girl I had the same problem and I broke up with my boyfriend but now we are just friends and we are both fine with that. If you stay with him all he is going to do is break your heart agian so just do it.

• Drop the loser.

• You need to move on. Just leave him, not fucking worth it.

• More from Girls
    11