Ever Just need a break?

My boyfriend snapped at me the other day & I realized maybe we both needed some time alone. So, I decided to give him some space, not call or text & just focus on relaxing & taking some time for myself. I have anxiety so I know that can be a pain, so I just decided maybe both of us doing our own thing for a few days would give us a chance to miss each other? This is normal, right? My friends think people who have been together for awhile & don't live together don't need some alone time. But I think it's healthy to give yourself a few days where you're not texting anyone & inside your own head to recharge.

Most Helpful Guy

• As an introvert, I totally understand that. I find social interactions over an extended period draining, and need space to recharge.

• See, I'm very extroverted. But I'm also new to the community & he's the only person I have I worry I get too clingy, so I thought if I took some downtime for myself, it would give him a chance to hang with his guy friends & not feel like he has to take care of me. Maybe it would help me worry less about stuff. Does that make sense?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that a certain level of distance is healthy for a relationship so long as you remain committed to one another. Having personal time allows you to reconnect with yourself as an individual, and a strong sense of self is very important to be happy.

What Guys Said 3

• I agree we always need some time to ourselves

• Agreed. INTP myself.

• yeeeee people need their space

What Girls Said 2

• Completely healthy!

• yes i know its not ideal to do this a lot.. however when you're on overload sometimes you need to check out...