Does a thigh gap really matter?

Basically, I'm a girl who has never had a thigh gap (I'm not fat, I've always been pretty muscular and of a slim/average build) but I was wondering if having no thigh gap was some kind of a turn off for a guy? I read an article earlier today which just made me really worry about something as stupid as my thighs touching a little. What are your views on thighs? Responses from both males and females are both welcome, thanks:)

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's funny what we will fixate on to be uncomfortable about. A pretty universal challenge. However, a good relationship (which I think most of us want) isn't based on the absence of imperfection (because, if some form or another we all have them... one of mine appears to be parenthetical references). Good relationships have communication, shared interests, room for individuality and are rooted in some manner of attraction. Don't worry about how others perceive you. Work on being the person *you* want to be. The magic happens when you find someone you care for who thinks that person you've become is darn special.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl we can't win, men claim they want big boobs and a big ass but hey what often come along with those two traits... rounder thighs!
    Don't worry too much, I'm really naturally slender yet my thighs still touch a little and no one has ever told me that I look disgusting because of it, it's just a social media hype... next week there'll be something about how it's a turn off because your toes are too close together, there's no pleasing some people!

• "As a girl we can't win, men claim they want big boobs and a big ass"
      Some men do. That's like if I said that women want big penises. Some of them do, not all.

• @JuicyBrain right, I do agree with you

• Seriously I can't be bothered to write a half decent reply. Everyone is different, with different needs and wants, obviously. I get that but on the whole, it's proven that men like a woman to look a certain way and that's what I'm saying here.

What Guys Said 43

• Literally the only people who give a shit about thigh gaps are girls who like to degrade one another over insignificant things like thigh gaps.

• Eh, thigh gaps just seem like another silly thing that skinny girls use to try and prop themselves up. It's kinda like that whole "I can wrap my around my back and touch my belly button" thing. It's all just ridiculous ways that women try to put one another down, in my opinion.

Almost zero men care about it, and lots of us think it's totally ridiculous.

• Most guys don't give a shit about a thigh gap, that's some women magazine bullshit peddling.

• Yeah, I do see that shit all over media tbh

• don't buy into this, thigh gaps don't matter! :-D

• Give this guy a double MHO.
      He just summed everything up us guys are think. And those magazines are written by women who know just as much abut men as you do. Stop reading them.

• This is just another way of trying to get women to think that us men care for any of this, so no, a thigh gap is not something us guys would demand any woman should have to be better looking or more acceptable, its merely media rubbish talking b0llocks, x

• Trust me, all of that stuff is just media culture bs, and it's just a fad and the next one will be along anytime now. Pay it no mind and just be confident in your own skin, as you are, and as you're going to be.

• like 10% of girls have them, tbh, most guys dont give a shit about thigh gaps, its really whatever...
    I don't know who started saying it was attractive?
    never even thought of this, usually when thighs touch it means they are full, beautiful thighs <3 i like those kind of full thighs <3

• static.fjcdn.com/.../...03eabc19ddaa3152a0c225.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CakjE.png

No Guy on this earth, that I know of, cares about a thigh gap! Please for the love of God stop worrying! Pleeeeeeeease! Lol

• Stop reading articles telling you what you should look like and what guys supposedly find attractive. Problem solved. Most of those articles are full of crap anyways.

• " I read an article earlier today which just made me really worry about something as stupid as my thighs touching a little. "

Take things like that with a grain of salt. The only people who notice thigh gaps are the owner of the thighs. It's literally something some group of people made up to make women even more insecure about themselves. And now everyone is reaping the consequences.

• Yeah you're right, it's literally just a matter of having a bit more skin than others or having slightly different shaped body structures

• No it doesn't. It's just a trend that was put out their for skinny girls to feel superior again, because thick girls wee getting the limelight. As much as it sucks, a lot of people don't know how to make someone feel better without putting other down. They have to say, "You're beautiful, because your better than x". It's messed up.

But no. No guy cares about thigh gaps.

• 0|1
  • Not having a thigh gap real doesn't matter.

• No. not at all. Guys dont pay attention to things like that. Nor do anyone else. I have a lot of friends who are girls and they all gossip in front of me and I never heard a single girl say "Omg look she doesn't even have a thigh gap" or I never heard a guy go "Ew she doesn't have a thigh gap, im not dating her"
    I have never noticed whether girls have thigh gaps or not, and i honestly find it a bit unattractive

• That's just media crap. I don't care about tight gap. It's trying to brainwash us into liking it, most guys don't give a crap. I myself never noticed it until a year ago when I saw an article trying to buy me into "liking" a tight gap.

Actually if the poor girl if really skinny to have her "tight gap" it's more of a turnoff.

• It's there where love comes in picture. If a guy truly loves a girl then these silly things don't matter n vice-versa For girls. But if a girl or a guy wanna let down each other or wanna get rid of the person or relationship then these sort of things comes in picture.

• to me, it does not matter if a girl has a thigh gap or not. im just into all types of legs, dont even stress on what the stupid surveys say or what a poll says, or what research says about having thigh gaps, those people are on crack and only take in what they want to see. i bet you have very beautiful attractive legs

• Is that a UK thing? Because I don't think gaps matter at all. I'm not looking for what's not there, I'm just looking for booty.

• It might be a UK thing if I'm honest! I read an awful article about it earlier today though

• Kudos on the Green Dress! Green is the best color.

• Haha, I agree, it is!

• Yeah it's the only thing that matters in a girl when it comes to looks. It wouldn't matter if her boobs hit her knees at all, aslong as she has the right amount of thig gap

• No it doesn't matter..

• For me yes, I find thigh gaps to be disturbing.

• no it's not important. I mean, it CAN look good, but you don't need to have one for that to be the case. so don't worry... most guys won't care ;)

• truthfully i dont think it matters because most guys dont really tend to look at a girls thighs and get turned off or whatever, i personally think its really hot when there is no thigh gaps and when she works out aswell. but I've been attracted to girls with thigh gaps aswell. in the end its the personality that counts :D

• i don't like it if a girl has a thigh gap, i think it looks weird

• No one cares about them!
    And not wanting to sound patronising it should be the least of your worries at your age

• No. I'd never even heard or thought of it until people started talking about it not long ago.

• I actually prefer girls who don't have a thigh gap.

• no one cares.

• no it does not matter at all. Dont believe everything you read and always ask guys about womens body, theyll give you more honest amswer :D

• Judging by the name itself I wouldn't be surprised if it was cocked up by a bunch of teenage girls. No, a thigh gap really doesn't matter. It also doesn't determine if you're skinny or even healthy.

• you really shouldn't worry if you have thigh gap or not, guys are different, some guys love the thigh gap while other guys love girls with thick thighs. and dont bother what people say

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 20

• The thigh gap thing is blatant bullshit. Pardon my French.

Every guy I have ever spoken to has told me that thigh gaps have never been something that crossed their mind. The only thing that matters if the woman is overall attractive to him. They aren't going to sit there and measure the space you have between your thighs unless they are completely, overly shallow.

• Everyone is a different shape and size. Why strive for something if it's not achieveable? It's best to know your figure and go from there.

My boyfriend hates a thigh gap. He much prefers a good cook to a good runner. And I have never had a thigh gap, I had a thigh diamond and that's the closest I'll ever get... and I'm fine with that :)

• No girl no. My thighs are best friends and never separate, EVER. Your thighs need to be closer and if they are gj.

• thigh gap is one of the biggest bullshits ever made.. no guy gives a shit about it.. most of the sexiest ladies don't have it.. don't think about this.. this is just made up by retards who have nothing better to do.. lol.

• It does not matter at all. I really doubt guys hit on girls and then say,"*gasp* you don't have a thigh gap! Sorry but not good enough" and then just walk away. I really doubt guys give that any attention since between the legs is something a billion times better than a thigh gap.

• No one gives a fuck about thigh gaps but anorexic bitches.

#sorrynotsorry

• I don't know what's the appeal in them, I don't have them and don't to have them. In my country it's actually considered Ugly...

• I have thick thighs that of course touch and guys tend to like them, so in my personal experience a thigh gap isn't preferred. But even so I don't think its a big deal one way or the other.

• Thick thighs are nice, most guys like that and usually prefer it... nothing to worry about there 💯

• @tripleace I know :) I love my thighs. They're the only part of my body I really like.

• Men like mine + "I" admire thigh gaps in other grrrls.

ie: Bi girl right here :)

• Nobody cares about superficial stuff like that. The only people who care are insecure little girls who like to put down other girls to make themselves feel better.

• I saw a video asking guys about this
    They actually had to explain it to most guys because thigh gaps are so insignificant.

You have it? Great.
    You don't have it? Great.
    You do you. 😅

• Thigh gap is not important and doesn't matter. Take pride in your body and love yourself 🌼

• Believe me, only skinny little asshole wannabes care about thigh gaps.

• No. It's just another ridiculous 'fad' that makes girls feel insecure about their bodies.

• No it doesn't at all.

• No, it doesn't.

• No, not at all

• Thigh gaps have nothing to do with your weight and everything to do with your bone structure. Some women have close set hips. No matter how skinny they get, their thighs aren't gonna gap because their pelvis is too small and narrow for the thighs to separate like that. Some women have wide set hips. They could gain weight and still have a thigh gap because their pelvis is just spaced out like that.

• Deff. Not! I asked my boyfriend this one tme and ended up having to explain what a "thigh gap" was, in the end he remarked that "thats the stupidest thing I've ever head, guys don't go around remarking 'look at that gap between HER thighs' " so no xD

• No it does not...