Love or respect which one is more important?

• Love
  • Respect

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• You cannot have one without the other but respect must come first.

• Respect, is more import.

You can love someone, but not respect them.

I love my mother, but I do not respect her because of her action

• a life without respect would also be a life without love, cause respect is an essential part of love. so since love includes respect, love is more important.

• These choices are not mutually exclusive. There cannot be one without the other, so voting for either one is pointless.

• Respect in the first place. It makes you love the person even more.
    So many turtles love but don't know how to respect because they're selfish.

• Without respect, there can be no love, without love, there is no reason for respect.

I vote respect.

• Respect. Hands down

• It's interesting so many people say you can't have real love without respect, when that happens all the time. Like in a family where everyone doesn't take the youngest sibling seriously. They all love him, but they don't respect him. I've seen it happen in romantic relationships. Most often the woman not respecting the man she loves and doesn't even realize that she's doing it

• Love with out respect is empty, Respect with out love is cold.

• But what do people define as respect?

• I believe it is when you don't intentionally screw them over and you value their opinion.

• Respect:a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Admiration is not the same as affection, which is what love entails.

• Respect, no questions asked.

• Its definitely LOVE

• Depends on the setting and the goal.
    For business? respect
    For parenting? love
    For life? Hard to say but if you love me but don't respect me I feel like I'm better off without you. If you respect me but don't love me... I could live with that.

What Girls Said 11

• well i dont need everyone to love me, but i would like to be respected even in the smallest amount.
    as for people i care about, i believe love comes forth from respect, so it's still a nice foundation to have =]

• respect.. for sure.. love cannot be there without respect.. if you don't respect someone.. you cannot love them.. that's what I believe..

• I want respect! With respect I can make friends.

• Respect. You can't really love anyone without having respect for them.

It is important to have respect for the people you meet. You do not have to love every single person, but it is important to have respect for what people mean and the type of person they are.

So respect is more important.

• Respect.
    There can't be true love without it.

• I think both are important. There's no less or more importance.

• Respect is most important , love comes after

• I think both are intertwined in one another. If you love someone, you will also respect them.

• Respect is more important

• You can't have lasting love without respect, and out of real love comes respect.

• More important in what sense?