Why is Ex boyfriend liking and commenting on my instagram pics?

Stopped talking to my ex after he moved to another state far from me. I have feelings for him and I can't talk to him when I know he's far and he just left and moved for no real reason. Which shows that he never loved me and I don't want to be someone's friends with benefits, I want a relationship. He always had commitment issues, he was afraid to get into a relationship with me but we were in one but there was no label. So I started ignoring him, he texted a few times after he moved and I have ignored, he also he keeps liking and commenting on my instagram pics everytime I post. I posted yesterday and he commented and said beautiful. Why is he doing this? He knows he doesn't want a relationship and I want something more. Is he doing this because he just wants to know that he still has me and for his ego? I'll only respond to him if he would actually say something meaningful or if he says he's moving back, other then that it's a waste of time

What Guys Said 1

• Because he doesn't know the power of the dark side

What Girls Said 1

• He is trying to get your attention and/or maybe he wants to hook up with you.