If you're almost 26 years old and still never had a girlfriend, or had sex, would you just give up?

I turn 26 in two weeks and I'm still a virgin and never had a girlfriend. I've asked out hudreds of girls, approached possibly thousands by now and I've still not had any luck. It was like this is elementary, middle school. high school, and even college.

I think I may decide to throw in the towel and say "oh well." Too many girls are picky and shallow, and it's not even worth wasting my time anymore. If it happens, it happens. But do you think I should even try anymore? Is it even worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, everyone has their own time, just because you're 26 doesn't mean your time is up, there is no time limit. Yes girls are picky, but so are guys, you have to be patient with yourself and others, don't feel a lot of pressure or else that may discourage you.

• Guys are only picky about looks. That's it. As long as a girl looks good, he's ok. Girls are picky about looks, money, cars, personality, clothes, job, hairstyle, and the list is endless.

I'm good looking but this means nothing because I don't fulfill all the requirements on this "checklist."

• If all the girls you're interested in have a list that long, you're looking to the wrong girls, mate.

• That's the problem mate, you're wrong about what women want. Most women want a good man. if he's a good man, she's ok.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's up to you. I myself am still open to a relationship with a woman. But I'm not keeping my hopes up because it may not happen.

What Girls Said 8

• woman are bitches i would say so myself! are u going for the wrong types? maybe try and reinvent yourself do things u normally wouldn't do go out of your comfort zone! im sorry but i dont think there is anything wrong with you hun! have u seen jeremy kyle uk? prob not but look it up and itll make u feel better seeing all the ugly munters on that :P if all fails pick up a practice girl xx

• Don't give up now! Wait for the perfect person and you'll be amazed. Don't just throw your self out there only because you want sex, have that desire for a relationship first. I'm sure you'll find a really sweet girl who actually admires that you haven't been in a relationship.

• I am nearly 20 and still am a virgin... have never been kissed or had a relationship.

I haven't given up on relationships yet.

There was once research (that I found on the internet) that the most common age to meet/ marry someone was 30 years old and over.

I wouldn't give up now. My aunty married a guy when she was in her 40's.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I am not concerned at the moment about my single life.

I have wished for boyfriends my whole life... But I don't want to go around a circle and have too many relationships with males. I would then be a slut.

I am a christian and looking for the right one still.

I have always been told that there is plenty of fish in the sea.

I tell myself sometimes that my guy got hit by a bus. (Obviously this isn't true.)

I would keep trying.

• I've never even kissed anyone. It doesn't make my life any more or less fulfilling. When it happens, it happens. Just let it happen. As long as you are open to other people, I don't see why something wouldn't eventually happen.

• You are way to young to give up!. Get out there!

• I've tried for YEARS now.

• Yes of course, you'll find that one girl who will absolutely love you, don't give up:)

• dont try hard, when men try they tend to slip up and make women uncomfortable. Just be yourself :)

• Im in the same boat. I pretty much just redirect my attention to other things. I give up... for now.

What Guys Said 12

• no I wouldn't give up. I know plenty of people who had trouble dating or never dated anyone to your and older and have found people.

• really? you have known other people who are older than the question asker who have never had a relationship before? like over the age of 30?

• you seem to have a victim mentality. this may be a big part of the reason why you (if you do) have trouble meeting and getting women. Women really don't like guys who have quit before they started and your mentality just in response to FACTS I've stated about people I know suggest that you have that victim mentality

• sounds like the answer is yes

• If you do give up you can always move in with a Hermit like this media.vocativ.com/.../...n-Hermits_09875220866.jpg

• People are being nice but yeah man 26 is really old to be a virgin and to have never had a girlfriend. You need to get out there.

• "Getting out there" has nothing to do with it. Did you even read my description?

• Not really to be honest but if you are asking hundreds of girls out and getting rejected you are doing something wrong man. Are you just awkward?

• go to a prostitute man! Hell yes! That change everything. Don't force it. After you had the first time sex you'll be much more relaxed...

• Never give up. Keep trying. There are women out there who aren't picky or shallow. You just have to look in the right place.

• Your virginity doesn't matter. One can give up even if he had relationships in the past.

• Don't try yourself, ask your friends to set you up with someone whose personality is close to you.

• I've been there, done that. The girls they try to set me up with still won't date me.

• Well then, just give up trying. It will happen if it is bound to happen.

• Go to LE strip club...

• No. You have just left the part of your life where men are at a huge dating disadvantage. It's easier from here.

• I'm going to be 26 in a couple of months and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've given up.

• I'm in the same boat... except... well not really tried much and even worse off.

• i would attempt a hooker or escort