How important is sex in a relationship for you?

Do u appsolutally need/want sex in your boyfriend girlfriend relationship?

• 1. Yes very much so
  • 2. No but it would be nice
  • 3. No, rather wait

Most Helpful Guy

• At some point, yes. If my girlfriend wanted to wait until marriage to have sex, then I would be willing to wait. But if my girlfriend never wanted to have sex at any point in time, I would leave her.

• true true.. glade u would what for her if she wanted to wait till marriage

• Wait* not what.. sry lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Sex is the most important. Which is why I save it for my husband.

What Guys Said 25

• Very important, I couldn't wait too long for that. I want to believe I'd wait for the right girl, but if she wants to wait like 3 months for example, then she's not the right girl for me.
    A relationship without sex can't work, at least not with me.

• ok but what if u met the right one and she has the thought of waiting till she is married for sex?

• what the heck!!! I need to go to bed, but focus on your studies and getting into college that is the most important thing I can stress for you, the more "adult decisions" will come at that time

• lmao.. yes ik.. thank you.. GNight

• in my opinion, without sex it's just a friendship.

• ok but what about waiting till marriage to have sex?

• anyway, those are "risks" not something "wrong" with it. If you walk down the street you could be hit with a meteor. That's a risk. Does that make it wrong?

• Yes, there is nothing wrong with waiting and there is nothing wrong with not waiting, lets just give it a rest. we all r humans and we all have our own thoughts about life and what u should do in ur life. so lets just give it a rest. there is no right answer

• i chose B.

either way its something we are gonna do no matter what so I dont make it my priority in a relationship

• no, I will not wait till marriage, that is just religion trying to control people, plus I'm an adult, not in highschool, i will not sign up for a high school relationship

• So, you'll let the media control you?

• I think I told you before , Focus on your studies for now and go to college

• I think u did. lol.. and I will ;)

• Important, very much so actually, but that doesn't mean you can't wait a bit before you're more comfortable with each other. Waiting until marriage is just silly though. The typical mark if you take it slow is 6 months of being in a relationship. If you still don't want to have sex by that point, then they're just being strung along.

• What if you found you both NOT SEXUALLY COMPATIBLE on the first night of marriage? That sounds disastrous for me. People only buy after testing the products, that's the general rule.

I don't care about ''sex before marriage'' thingy. That's just basically saying ''she acts upon societal conditiong not through her internal feelings.''

I'm not going to be with someone who's uptight, not following her heart.

• well I think that u shouldn't love someone for if they can give u great sex.. I think u should love them for who they r

• "What if you found you both NOT SEXUALLY COMPATIBLE on the first night of marriage? "

More often than not, there will be cock blockers to your relationship... (kids, parents, work, other things that are daily things), can you get along with them OUTSIDE the bedroom? That's one good indicator of a successful relationship not whehter she can make you c u m in the best way possible!

• @TenderFantasy ur right

• How important is get a girl first? xDDD but even im a loner i think sex have a important place. but this doesn't mean that sex its everything

• No but I'm at that age when as a guy where I'm looking more for companionship/trust over sex/lust.

• SSex is important for the physical side of a relationship but it's by no means something it should be based on. There is so much more to a relationship than in the bedroom.

• I'm waiting for merriage

• That's soo awesome!! Envy u for that.. I am waiting as well

• Good! Find a compatible partner and go for it! :-)

• Not that important

• No sex=no relationship. A relationship without sex is like having a best friend from the opposite gender, and I dont need that. I need a best friend from the opposite gender that has sex with me so I can call it a Relationship.

• There is relationship, then there is dead relationship (without sex) , the there is living relationship (with sex) .
    Your pick

• so y can't there be a live relationship without sex.. especially since I am only 16?

• Than it has 99% chance that it will, work out, if you both a Virgin, then this shouldn't be a problem, fondling and kissing, is fine, maybe go as far as oral sex... NO need of much

• ohh ik lol.. we hve already sort of talked about Oral

• Very important, I need some type of sexual play in my relationship.

• As an adult? There IS NO RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT SEX.

• Why be in a relationship if there's no sex?

• religious reasons, and also than u will know that u won't have sex except with the one u actually love, won't be able to get nocked up until u actually r married and want them

• also if someone has magnums, it is an ego thing for them and most likely will be too big. with that I say, ladies run for the hills lol

• hahahahahaha XD

• What's the point of a relationship without it? Sounds like a friendship.

• but there still is kissing and making out involved.. ?

• You shouldn't even kiss and make out it will lead to other things Asker.

• @TenderFatasy Im not saying there HAS to be kissing and making out, im saying there could be.. I just through that in there to see what @Agrojag would say if there was just Kissing and making out but they people not go to far

• Its very important.. it brings u closer

• It is hugely important. There is not such thing as a healthy heterosexual relationship with a strong connection that does not include a good sexual relationship. Great sex is the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. Without it there WILL be problems.

• Pretty important, I don't want a relationship without intimacy.

• i want sex

• I don't need sex, but some kind of intimate contact would be nice.

• Frankly, I wouldn't mind dying a virgin, don't know if that is because I'm a virgin... or if I were to be a virgin no longer I would care.

• I can wait some period of time based on ethics (to a point), but ultimately, I cannot feel wanted in a relationship if my partner doesn't sexually desire me, and really want to act on that desire.

That's on top of the fact that I have sexual frustration of my own or want it. But that's almost a separate thing.

What Girls Said 11

• its not the most important thing, but its pretty important. if i was with someone who didn't want to have sex, of course i would repsect that, but it's somthing i feel like i need so it would be a little bit hard.

• Well it becomes important after the infatuation fades out if you can hold out that long. I am a virgin so I'll make the guy wait for a year or at the least 6-8 month before I lose it because I want it to be with somebody who I know is in it with me for love not sex and someone I have a long term relationship potential with. After that I will gradually reduce the time interval before we have sex, like for the second guy it might be 8 months, then for the third it might be 6 but it won't go down after 2 months minimum. Its actually easier to abstain from sex when you're virgin then when you have had sex and know how awesome it is, thats what I have heard.

• I'm a virgin 16 year old too! And yeah I would wait for a period of time! But for the most part I am going to try to wait for marriage

• Very important.
    Not that I don't love spending time with my boyfriend outside of the bedroom. Whether it's playing badminton together, grabbing sushi, or just chatting and him being all cute. A night of cuddling can be just as enjoyable as a night of sex, but without the sex, how would we differ from just being best friends?

• ok ok but what would u say if someone wanted to wait till there married for sex?

• I answered your question but yeah, it depends on your priorities. Of course you're still 'dating' even though remaining chaste. Just for myself, who happens to not wish to wait for marriage, there would be no point in dating someone if there was no sexual activity between us. As in... since there's nothing I'd be really waiting for with that, a boyfriend with whom I'm not intimate would be more or less the same in my books as a close male friend. If that makes sense?

• yea kinda

• Of course I need sex.

• I absolutely need/want sex in the relationship. I would like to have that emotional connection with a guy. And having that sexual attraction and desire by him, is a turn on.

• Isn't a relationship without sex like a friendship?
    How will you know if you guys are even compatible in bed...

• well frankly I don't know anymore.. and whats the whole deal about being compatible? if I may ask, bc I don't really know

• Having had bomb sex with my boyfriend, I would like to continue having bomb sex.

• Just listen to this and everything will be okay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ueaD22hg8

• I do think it's essential.

If a guy does not want to have sex within the first 3 months, then I'm out. Sorry. I'm not waiting until marriage, either. Sex is an important part of a healthy relationship for me.

• If we are together for some time, I enjoy having sex with my boyfriend. It's intimate and a good way to bond. Plus, good exercise!

• If there is no sex it is just friendship. If you are in a relationship sex is important on a regular basis.

• no, I have to disagree with u there... but that's because I am waiting till I am married for sex