Racist cause I don't date outside my race?

Female friend told me I'm racist because I have only dated white girls. That's like saying I'm homophobic because I won't date a guy. And how could I even date a non white girl Im more of a nerdy guy so I have only dated a few girls and I dont have any non white girls in my friend circle. Also It's not weird to prefer dating your own race. I mean Arab girls prefer their own men black girls too Asian too etc. It's not like I'm some holy being and I'm taking away all women of colors privilidge of dating me. "Oh man Im so upset by the fact that that pale chubby nerd guy isn't interested in me. I wish I could get a piece of that marshmallow" I think everyone should be with whoever they want as long as they make them happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should re-read what you have typed.
    1. Having a sexual preference is not the same since we all have the same genitalia as the people of our sex (not talking about details just the fact that we either have vags or pinies)
    2. You're claiming that a non-white girl cannot be 'nerdy'... I wonder what personality traits do you think women of color have (generalization here, which can be taken as racist)
    3. I honestly don't care if a guy is not black so what you said about us all prefering our own is not true, maybe depending on your area, a lot of people can be indifferent towards that.

I do agree that having a racial preference isn't racist, but it depends on why you have that preference. As long as it's not because of an obsession or stereotyping a race then it's not racist. Oh and refusing to date another race because of your preference isn't really a preference. That's called exclusive racial preference or something among that term.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to have preferences. Some people choose to exclude anyone who is short, fat, skinny, has short/long hair, whatever their physical deal-breakers are because they are not attracted to a certain physical attribute or a body type. That doesn't mean they think less of those people, they are just not sexually attracted to them or don't see them as potential partners. Or perhaps they are looking for a cultural similarity which is okay too. Many non-whites only date within their own race but it's mostly whites who get judged or called racist for the same thing. It's weird.

You date who you wanna date. I mean, it would be crazy to date who you don't feel like dating just to be politically correct. It's your life.

What Girls Said 14

• maybe she's talking more about the beauty standards you have? they could be very centered on white people in general, which I could see why she might say something like that. not saying she's right, but if you think about this objectively, it would be an interesting perspective.

but its important for you to be honest about that from the start, so its good that you're honest.

• But if I was black I would prefer black girls etc.

• Some trends are so obvious that they don't warrant the scrutiny of an actual study.

Just type "younger women" or something into the search bar and have a few looks.

• @koko124 sorry, you're not being very clear. Could you clarify? How does searching for "younger women" hold any relevance?

• I don't think you are racist.

I'm the same.

I am most attracted to (not exclusively) to white men. I have only dated white men. It's said you look to date people equal to you, whether that be race, wealth, hygiene, status, etc. You date who you want.

• "how could I even date a non white girl Im more of a nerdy guy"

I think it's sentences like that rather than your preference in girls why your friends think you're racist.

• I'm the same only mexicain or Hispanic men

That's is not racist since when is preference racist
    We are not saying there is something wrong with not being white nor saying they should not exist we have friends who are not own racist so explain to us how is preference racist

• you don't have to change yourself for anyone. that includes preferences.
    you like what you like. don't let anyone tell you who you should or shouldn't be with.

• There's nothing wrong with having preferences. I myself have only ever dated white men, it's just what I am most attracted to. Doesn't mean I don't find other men of other races attractive , I just happen to prefer dating white men

• You don't have to. You'd be racist if you actively avoided dating women of color.

• You aren't being racist you just have a type... everyone has a type. doesn't mean theybare racist. wouldn't refusing to date your race be racist also? Brush it off

• I am white and I am into black men. My current guy is black. However I dated white men too. Am I a racist? No.
    She's one primitive woman. Girl, actually. It's your preferance, not homophobia or racism.

• Why are you confusing this with being homophobic?

• I ment that not wanting to date a black person makes me as racist as not wanting to date a gay guy makes me homophobic (not at all)

• I would prefer to date a Christian/ Catholic as I am a Christian.

• no dude you're fine

• It's just your preference. It's not like you are saying you hate other races, just that you prefer the look of certain women. I personally see beauty in a lot of various people, but to each their own.

• I agree with you, each person has their own preferences.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm in Aegean e with you here dude. In all honesty it's none of her damn buisness who you prefer to date or not date. I liked the homophobe analogy you used ( had to chuckle at that one ) . It's human nature to stick to those you are comfortable with and be true to yourself despite what others think

• If you refer to your past only, it's impossible to judge: there can be several reasons. (I didn't date outside my skin color either, just because there was nearly nobody else to date in my city then.)

If you refer to the future, deciding "I don't want to", then it can be considered racist.

• You said it yourself, that would be like calling you homophobic for not dating guys.

You can have preferences, it's not racist. I find certain races less appealing, though I wouldn't rule them out because of their race I just don't usually find them attractive.

• Yea that doesn't make you racist if you don't date outside of your race. Everyone has their preferences in dating.

• I think it's definitely discrimination but I don't see it as racism

• Technically it falls under the definition of racism

Its excluded 100% of a population baaed on race and it makes other feel they are inferior to you

Thats racism.. but its a grey zone since your entiled to your preferences but at what cost?

• Everyone has their own preferences. I've always been more attracted to women outside my race, but despite the best efforts of the public education system, I'm anything but self-hating for being white.

• Happened to me my black co-worker liked me and one day she flat out asked. "Have you ever been with a girl of color?" In a less than friendly voice. I'm from Alaska so I said yeah "Native Americans"

• It's not racist.

• I would say it's more preference than racist.
    Certainly closed minded though.

• Date who ever you want. It doesn't make you racist. Sounds like your friend isn't "white" and might like you. If you do not find some one attractive that is of a different color does not mean you are a card carrying Klan member and secret worship at the alter of Adolph Hitler. Tell her to stop being stupid and grow up. It's your life, date who you want.

• If you say you do not date outside your race because you should not would be considered racist. Having a preference is a bit different than the above sentence.

• nothing wrong with having a preference.

• she is full of shit.. with the racist crap the media has been using. She can go f herself.. Date whatever race or girl that make you happy.

• Tell her to take a hike. Who died and made her president of the universe, to tell you who to date?

• Nah just a preference dood

• Everyone's got their type, yours happens to be white girls, ain't nothing wrong with that. don't change for anyone.

• Nothing wrong with that. Lol at the quote.

• Sexual preference ≠ racism.

• I think it depends on your reason for why you don't date outside your race.

• You should strike back if she has never dated a dude outside of her race. You are not a racist, she is retarded. You should at least tell her she sounds ridiculous when she goes and says that stuff.

There are bad friends which stab you in the back and then there are good ones that will nail you in between the eyes, mataphorcally of course. You should bounce her ignorance right back at her.

Is she the type that walks around with her feelings on her shoulder waiting ti be offended at something? If so, get as far from her as physically possible. Stupidity is commmunicable.

• Everyone has their own preferences and there is nothing wrong with that, just as long as someone's race wouldn't be the only reason why you would not date them.

• They bought into the PC bullshit. Sever ties with people who call you racist based on your taste. I generally prefer Asians and Latinas, and I'm White. So am I a racist against my own kind? Ridiculous! Or what about a vegan (I am not one) who is told they are "less spiritually evolved" for not eating meat? Nobody's business what you prefer, there is no "right".

• P. S.: the vast majority of people marry their own race, and it's only in the mostly liberalized West that this trend has changed somewhat. by the way you might want to throw this at your female friends (and my apologies to the Black Community this is in no way aimed at you). Did you know that Black women are the least likely to date or marry outside of their race? I'd like to hear your female friends suggest that these Black women are racist, I truly would!