How would you say goodbye when ending the perfect first date?

We all know our own standards, but what is the average GaGer's expectation at the end of a first date?

For context purposes, let us assume the following:

- You have been formerly aquanted, but never outside of a group environment
- This is the first time you've intentionally made arrangements to see each other one-on-one
- It went as well as you could have hoped. You had a great time, felt a lot of chemistry, and definitely want to continue seeing this person.

Under these circumstances, what would you typically find the most appropriate, or ideal way to end a first date?

• Wave
  • Handshake, high-five, or fist-bump
  • Hug
  • Peck on the cheek
  • Kiss
  • Makeout
  • Lovemaking/sleeping together overnight
Alright, who voted "wave"? I know it was one of you!

In case you wanted to know my opinion, I do hugs for almost every date, good or bad, but a particularly good date like in this scenario would get distinguished with a peck on the cheek, assiming she seems like she'd be comfortable with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depends on how the date went and how comfortable i feel with him. It would range from a hug to a make out. If we agree on a second date, then a long, tight hug and/or a peck on the cheek is what I would initiate. But if the guy wants to go in for a kiss, I guess a quick kiss would be fine as well. If I happen to have wanted to go out with the guy for like 2 years, then making out is fine as well lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Minimum: Hug
    Maximum: Kiss for awhile

Just depends on how it went. Reading body language is a critical skill in life in my opinion.

What Girls Said 32

• id sorta just follow on from his vibe. for me, i would hug him and kiss his cheek, but if i get the vibes that his body language isn't too open, ill go with a handshake. i prefer to respond to the person in front of me. but yeah, nothing more than a hug and kiss.

• A light, informal kiss on each cheek and then express how much you enjoyed yourself and are keen to date again.

• Well... depends I guess, on the nature of the date.

If we went to dinner and a movie and the mood was romantic then I guess a peck on the cheek/kiss would be acceptable.

If we went bowling then a high five/fist bump/hug would be appropriate.

With my first date with my boyfriend we may or may not have parked on the street by his house and made out for like 20 minutes. And we may or may not have made out after dinner. And when we arrived at the dance (homecoming). And on the dance floor.

We were feeling it lol There were a LOT of feelings building up to this first date and it's been basically peaches and daisies ever since haha

• If I'm really feeling him then a kiss. Other then that a peck on the cheek. I'll only do a hug if it was a good date but I still am not interested in pursuing anything further.

Lmao with the wave and handshake. Were'd all this modesty come from all of a sudden.😂😂😂

• A hug a peek on the cheek

• I'd prefer it stays at a hug ir a peck on the cheek depending on his culture. Anything less tells me he's not interested. Anything more makes me feel like I have to be exclusive with him. Or like we're an item.

• I would go for holding hands for a bit to a peck on the cheek and a nice smile. If I really like the guy the nice smile will be hidden, I would be way to nervous to see what his facial expression prevails lol and I tend to look down in moments like those, because I would be blushing like a tomato

• I'd bone them.

Jk. I'm not big on kissing on the first date. Maybe a kiss on the cheek or small peck.

• Kiss - in the perfect date circumstance. Admittedly though, if I knew the guy prior for some time and for some reason the sparks were just unreal I'd consider making out with him.

• Depends on how the night went. Here is how I rank it.

Shitty date=wave bye
    meh date=handshake
    ok date=hug
    fun date=kiss on the cheek
    awesome date=make out
    mind blowingly awesomeness where your panties are soaked=That dude is getting his ass laid!

• If it was "perfect" then sex.

• It depends, if it's someone I don't really know, I would probably just handshake, wave or hug, but if it's someone I know well enough I would probably want to see them again so a hug would probably be okay, nothing further... dating really is a new concept.

• If this is the first time I am meeting him alone then a big is fine..

• If it went well, I will go with a kiss on the cheek but I never kiss on the first because I don't want to become vulnerable when I don't even know how attached he feels to me.

• I have done all of these things, depending on how I feel at the time. there's no one perfect thing.

• My partner and I went to kiss on the cheek and it turned out to be the lips. He ended that night by asking me to be his girl also. Very lucky and blessed with him in my life :)

• I would be ok with a kiss on the cheek

• I think a small hug would be more appropriate. I don't know if its just me but I would usually like a casual indication for the second date.

• I love having a goodbye hug. It's a good way to end the night

• Smile and wave.

• the boy shyly gives me a sweet kiss on the lips or cheek ♡

• Hug, kiss

Do whatever feels natural to you

• Perfect date really clicked end it with sex

• Every time i am on a date with my boyfriend i always just give a peck on the cheek as a goodbye.

• i go by feelings
    if it was "perfect", seal it with a kiss

• peck the cheek for respect

• Does that work?

• @Mr_Xavier you keep disagreeing with people who say that a kiss on the cheek doesn't work. However, you have an answer from a woman (plus others) who say it works. You do not need to kiss a girl on the lips or have a full-blown make-out session on the first date. Save that for later to build the anticipation. You're young, so I get that you want to escalate things early but as you get older, you learn to appreciate going slow in a relationship. And the women will respect you for that.

• @JohnnyBananas I see what you mean. I've done the peck on the cheek and it gets me nowhere, and the interest on the other part begins to slow down after that. By all means, I agree to disagree.

• safes way if you feel a bit daring.

• A hug and then kiss on the cheek or forehead.

• A sweet kiss. It's totally fine if it's less than that, though. Just depends on the mood and what he's comfortable with too. I'm in no rush.

If fist-bumped or high-fived me though, SMH lol.

• a hug and light kiss on the lips is the best way. Hug says too much aww you are cute but lets be friends ok. kiss on the cheek could as well be a kiss on the lips but not talk and full on make out :P

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 36

• Peck on the cheek. I prefer to take things slow, no matter how great things are.

• A true gentlman I see. *tips invisible hat*

• There are different ways, however, that kiss is very important to take things to another level.

• @Mr_Xavier Yes but not on the first date. A woman will respect you if you want to take things slow. Guys have other tools to use to show that he's interested such as asking her on another date.

• 3|0
  • Being the person I am I would or will walk her to her front door, tell her that I had a wonderful time, and end it with a hug and a kiss on the forehead or the hand, cheek if she's open to it.

• Why not a kiss on the lips?

• @Mr_Xavier because some aren't comfortable with it and prefer to wait a date or two which I'm perfectly fine with and besides in today's world better safe then sorry.

• definitely a hug. maybe a kiss on the cheek or forehead (or if she got a five head :D) if it went real well.

• No matter what I don't kiss, I don't care how well it went. I always end in a hug.

I know it sucks and people hate to say it- but if the date went really well, it just guarantees you a second date, girls get confused and can't stop thinking about why you didn't kiss them as they thought it went well- which means she can't stop thinking about you.

It is a dirty trick/shameless for sure- but it works. Playing a little hard to get is good, even if we all (myself included!) hate it.

• I would at least hug her and, as I was moving towards her for the hug, I would hope to see signs that she wanted a kiss. If so, I would give her a kiss on the lips, but not a sloppy, slobbery making-out kiss. Just a simple kiss on the lips.

• I voted Kiss.

I was going to say Peck on the cheek but I looked and you asked about the perfect first date and if it was that awesome then I would kiss her.
    But a normal date I might go for the peck.

On the other hand if she is showing a strong attraction to me during this first date I would not stop us from going further BUT it wouldn't lead to sex on the first date.

• A hug would be the most she would get out of me. I don't kiss on the first date. I feel like people are way too quick to kiss people.

Like, "thanks for the nice date" *proceeds to shove tongue down throat*

I mean Really? I think it should be something reserved for later in the relationship, when you actually love the person.

• I would just do the "it was nice, thank you for the time" smile and nod. A handshake is a bit too manly while a hug at the first date (unless things went super) is kind of a bit too much. Let alone a kiss.

• For me it usually ends in a hug but lately I've made more of an effort to go for the kiss. When I know it went well the girl has always been receptive to it

• Dropping her off outside her workplace the following morning.

• Sorry, if GaG allowed more than 7 options I would have put that one up for you.

• If I feel it, I go for the kiss.

If she's not down, then I'll give her a peck.

I'm an affectionate dude, and if i'm feeling a female I want to give her kisses. ;-)

• Don't do HUG and PECK. That is lack of confidence!
    Go for the fucking KISS when the moment feels RIGHT! Doesn't necessarily to be END OF THE DATE

• nothing , dont kiss or touch on first date , show self control and mysteryousness ( also make her anticipate your next move the next ) can go wrong

• I'm surprised how many girls said they'd hug or peck on the cheek on the first date.

I'd go for the kiss so she knows I like her.

• I'd like a soft kiss on the lips. Nothing hardcore or making out. A soft kiss and hug and leave it at that. It would give something to look forward to on the next date as the intensity increases.

• I prefer a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I am open to sex on the first date but it would mean that I am a secret slut.

• Is making out and kissing not the same thing?
    I'd say, I had a great time and look forward to meeting again - hugs - resume other activities.

• D or E sound good to me. Maybe even a little F action, but I'm not the type who's in a rush.

• Kiss on forehead or mouth to mouth bebe;P

• Peace ✌ out girl 😎

• ask her what that mouth do

• Wave is the safest option

• I'd end all my good dates with a bit of casual romance. Never anything sexual.

• As an ultimately shy guy, i'll go with wave.

• I would do a hi five lmfao

• i would just give a hug. maybe a kiss depending on how well she enjoyed the night

• do he little peck thing

• Have a nice long 69

• What! No girls like the Fist-Bump?

• More from Guys
    6