Would you date someone who didn't use social media?

Girls would you date a guy who didn't use Facebook, snapchat or Instagram?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sigh... back in ye olden days when I was in high school, for the majority of it, we didn't have social media and of course before that there was never such a thing and people dated, got married, had kids just fine. This reliance and for some, addiction, to social media (as I sit and breath and type on such a site) has apparently gotten to a point where this question is being asked. I would admire someone who didn't use social media b/c most likely, they would spend more time actually being an active participant in the world, connecting with me and others, and maybe even more adventuresome because their time wouldn't be filled with having to constantly tweet, or upload, or snap chat, or whatever. I rarely check my facebook, and my average cell phone time per week is like an hour or less. I try to spend the least time personally on social media and on my cell phone, so I totally see the benefits for me and with being with someone who is unplugged.

What Girls Said 19

• Of course! It's silly for that to be a deal-breaker. I myself don't use those things too much. GAG is my social media.

• I find the overuse of social media a bit overrated, plus it's a distraction. So I like when it's not a huge factor.

• OMG YES. YES PLEASE. i only use insta myself lol.

• My guy and I aren't even Facebook friends. He never uses it. I'm fine with that.

• Yes, of course. I'm more concerned about his personality and looks than with his social media accounts.
    In fact, it would be good for me since I don't care about those things.

• Yes!!! OMG! its rare to find a guy who isn't on social media so If you find him hold on to him ladies!!! less drama..

• I'd prefer it.

• Yes, there's nothing wrong with that.

• Yes but not the one who does not use Linkedin xD xD xD

• Sure. I dont care if they do or don't.

• yes cause then less chance of cheating.

• yeah! actually that's kinda great! but he should at least have a fb accounnt to keep himself updated by all sorts of news.. this means something too

• Yes, less drama and distraction.

• I think I still would. Most social media is stupid and I only use it to keep up to date with people I haven't seen in a while.

• No, because he won't able to send me lifes in Candy Crush.

• Of course. I like talking face to face and sometimes love letters. It's much more romantic.

• Sure, if I got along with him. I use G@G and like one other site, but I don't chat or anything really. That would be fine with me if he didn't use any social media.

• Yea why not.

• I don't use any of those. I used to have a fb page but deactivated it in 2013. I just find it not that useful and would prefer anguy who wasn't on any social media site as well.

What Guys Said 14

• Lol yes sure I would if I'm being honest I really only use facebook to play flash games when I'm bored lol or to talk with old friends who have moved away beyond that I'm rarely ever on it, this is the only other social media type website I use. So if a girl doesn't use social media, could care less to be honest just means more time off her phone and more time with me ;)

• I would and actually I would LOVE that! I don't use social media much myself so it'd be perfect to meet someone who doesn't either.

• My wife only uses email and text.

• I don't use any social media anyway, I'd prefer someone who doesn't if anything but I don't really care

• Yes, I hate social media.

• yes of course...

• I am dating someone who doesn't use social media.

• Sure, why not?

• Never a problem

• Yea me and pretty much all of my partners have been this way.

• I would actually prefer it - I am mostly unplugged except for Linkedin. by the way I am so encouraged to see almost all the responders agree with my point of view on this. I was just called a "Luddite" because of this belief in another Question on this site, and I tried to explain that the best way to succeed is IRL, or at least, with overlapping technologies or overlapping social realities, meaning that for example a person who can only build a fire with lighter fluid and charcoal briquets is not as prudent or viable as one who can also do it with a magnifying glass and a newspaper in bright sunshine, or some flint being struck against a rock, etc. The person said I was a loser because I preferred to meet people in real life, Artists, Musicians, Intellectuals, and they could first of all not get the fire-starting analogy referred to FB, and could not understand me going to Europe and not checking my FB for status changes, likes and posts. Is it incredible that they do not understand, and even loathe my viewpoint? NO, sadly it's very common. The reality is most of their FB friends (they had never met) were not really friends, validated nothing, and proved they were living in Fantasyland (Not the Disney kind!), and no doubt some profiles are spoofs, and a few might be virus-senders. Haha!

• That is such a bad factor to decide whether or not to date someone.

• no they wouldn't

• I dislike using Facebook. I think my ex interpreted stuff about our relationship because of my lack of use. For example, I don't post many pictures, never check in. I also don't want my family status or relationship status revealed. Largely because if someone ever wanted to do me harm, I never want them to go after my loved ones - that would devastate me. But the wrong interpretation is that I don't people to know I am associated with them..

When I talk to people, all I hear about is Facebook and what's going on. Honestly, I don't need to hear about x, y or z.