Do you find "traditional" women attractive? Would you date a woman who says she is "traditional"?

I know I wouldn't date one. It typically just means they treat me like a walking wallet, and all I'm good for them is to be a "man" who "protects them" and earns them money so they can go on fancy dates every weekend otherwise they get "bored".

And then once you've paid enough money, they say they are actually waiting until marriage. At which point you either oblige and buy 2 pair of rings for $1000 each because that's apparently still cheap for an engagement ring, sign a piece of paper, live together for 6 months then the files a divorce and takes 80% of your stuff.

Ah, the joys of "traditionalism". I'm more into women who treat me like a human being and not as "a man", but that might be just me.

• YES I would date a "traditional" woman
  • NO I would not date a "traditional" woman
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q359377-does-anybody-still-like-traditional-girls
"I'm a traditional, more conservative "old fashioned" kind of girl. I could have had sex but I don't want to unless it's really special. I am considering saving it for marriage at this point, I just don't want to make any definite promises. I don't ask guys out, I don't like to wear the pants in the relationship. And I like chivalry, and dating. Make me feel like a lady. I'm not some girl who wants to sit at home and be a housewife. By `traditional`, I mean my dating and relationship values."

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.
    If I were gay that would be awkward - a traditional lesbian couple. I'd rather go all out.
    + I could never be traditional myself...

Most Helpful Guy

• Traditional =\= gold digger.

• Refer to my comment on AzureGirl's opinion for a clearer description

• My mother was a stay-at-home mom and my father could barely support the family financially and was stressed out; and he used to yell at her and us for like 8 years about it then they finally got divorced, and me and my siblings rejoiced

• kind of helped my dad had a high paying job but even then, it was still stressful because my mom worked before taking a break from the workforce.

What Girls Said 2

• What do you mean exactly by "traditional"?

• Well let's do a quick google search, shall we

""I'm a traditional, more conservative "old fashioned" kind of girl. I am considering saving it for marriage at this point, I just don't want to make any definite promises. I don't ask guys out, I don't like to wear the pants in the relationship. And I like chivalry, and dating. Small things a guy does such as open doors for me, compliment me, and make me feel like a lady. I'm not some girl who wants to sit at home and be a housewife in my little suburban home either, I want to have a career of my own, and a two-income household. By "traditional", I just mean my dating and relationship values.""

So apparently someone who still demands the guy to pay for the first date because he has a penis between his legs, but still wants to be a career woman, but is not sexually open.

I mean really, this was the first result in Google for `I'm a traditional girl` :P

• Well of course he paid money to impress you, that is what women are socialized to look for in order to be impressed.

• Here's a fun fact: I hate being paid for. I make my own money and so does he, but at the start of the first date he told me he had a $100 bill in his pocket and intended to use it on me. I tried not to let him.

I'm impressed by maturity and personality. Not by money. Right now he has no job and he's broke. Guess what? I still love him and I'm still with him. It doesn't come down to money.

• Ugh, vomit. I make my own money, thanks.

What Guys Said 6

• NO I would not date a "traditional" woman treehouse.alphabity.com/.../lolligans.gif

• Probably not.

-They're submissive as hell (dealbreaker for a submissive guy like me)
    -They expect me to pay and to be the sole provider
    -They expect me to make the first move and initiate everything

And much more. Traditional women just aren't my type.

I'm submissive and I prefer dominant women, which is pretty much the exact opposite of traditional.

• By that definition, no.

• I'd like a girl who is conservative I'm the sense that she dresses with class and doesn't sleep around. I'm not a fan of the other stuff you mentioned.

• I wouldn't date this girl because what are the benefits for you? She wants a man to do everything for her, but she is not willing to do the traditional wife duties.

• ... I'll stick with a traditional girl.

*Yet, I do want to point out that a traditional girl has a broader meaning;morals and things of that sort, than a gold digger because what you described above is exactly that- gold digger.

• ..."Two income household".

• Indeed. But that doesn't mean you don't have to pay for the engagement rings and the dates to make her feel happy and "like a woman"

• Nope, "traditional" woman is completely turn off for me.