What do you do when someone you're texting takes ages to reply?

This guy who I met up with once (it was more of a casual thing) recently reached out to me via text to see how I'm doing/possibly reconnect. So I replied to his first text pretty promptly within 10 min or so (I ain't playing games here), then he waited about 5 hours to reply back! And now, even as we continue to text eachother, the reply time is becoming ridiculous from his side- he now usually takes a whole day to reply.

What do you usually do in this situation? Do you think people do this intentionally sometimes to increase interest level, or am I just low on his list of priorities? Should I stop talking to this guy or should I start matching his reply time? Need advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he really is busy doing real life stuff, and isn't just sitting on the couch waiting for the phone to beep.

Most Helpful Girl

• Biggest pet peeve and easiest way to get me to jump to bad conclusions.

What Guys Said 2

• Believe it or not, not everybody is a slave to their phone yet. If you want to have a conversation with him, why not call him on the phone.

• Guys hate texting, you could be low on his list of priorities, he could be really busy or it could be a combination of all these.

What Girls Said 1

• I stop replying back.