Why do so many guys and gals hate "white knights"?

strange how so many dudes and gals dislike guys that aim to treat women really well

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're pathetic. White knights cut their ball sacks of, and agrees with the most ridiculous things and people, in order to get laid.

Most Helpful Guy

• if i had to guess, I could come up with a few reasons:
    1) They rarely seem genuine - only trying to 'suck up' to a woman to get on their good side.
    2) They add their weight to any cute girl's argument, with no consideration as to whether it is a good or bad argument.
    3) They do not seem to have learned that being extra nice to women on the internet will not get them laid, and once they learn this they tend to become the worst of misogynists. Unbearable even by normal internet trolling standards. Perhaps people discourage 'white knighting' in an effort to diffuse that bomb before it explodes.

What Girls Said 13

• a lot of them act like white knights because they think it makes us owe them something. Im all about a guy who respects me but if it's not genuine because he assumes being nice to me entitles him to my vagina, no thank you, unbeknownst to him he's actually an ass.

• Say that again :) say if a guy sees you suffering and living each day miserable, and you really don't want to be in your relationship anymore and this other guy genuinely cares about you, why not let that guy have a chance, if you two make good emotional connection because I think deep down its what you want anyways. Why make things harder than they need to be

• Yeah your right most of these dudes aren't the most genuine with their nice intentions

• There's nothing wrong with treating women (or men, for that matter) well. But there's a problem with always supporting and defending women even when they're wrong, simply because they're women. And that's what people who are called "white knights" usually do.

• Because they're usually just trying to score some brownie points.

• A white knight is someone who swoops in and tries to make everything alright. Sometimes women want to solve their own problems. We have to believe you support us.

• I don't need saving. I want a partner and a fair relationship. I don't want to be babied and told that I need him to take care of me. Been there, done that. It sucked

• Because equality have come far, but not far enough.

The word '' white knight'' would not exist if everyone agreed in equality and we all saw each other as just as much worth.

Men and women fight too much and tries to make themselves look like victims. When they actually make a fool out of themselves.

• My idea of a white knight is when a guy defends a woman online, I don't get why people have am issue with it. So what, a guy thinks a girl is right and wants to chime in nd back her up, so fucking what? That doesn't make him a dick and it doesn't make him a loser.

• I have no issue with white knights.

• Cos white knights are usually just idiots in tinfoil.

• Well there not the best candy bar in the world, but i don't hate them.

• I don't know what is what knights.

The title Knight sounds appealing tho.

• we want to solve our own problems, not be treated like some damsel in distress

• I don't hate them.
    I have not met one but I think they sound nice.

What Guys Said 32

• Only guys who have called me white knight and they were narrow minded iidots which percive the world in only black and white. No girls have called me it though. Remember a guy called me a white knight cause I said are many shitty guys out in the world too, after sevreal times he said "all women" this and "all woman" that, pretty much blaming all women for his problems. Personally I think its a lot of shitty people out there regardless of gender, people in general just suck. I guess he got offended of the possbility that it might exsist one bad guy on this planet, cause yes sure, we are all 100% perfect. We never do anything wrong.

Anyway, dropping the sarcasme button for a bit. People need to accept reality. And so does the real white knights, who simply toss everything aside just to impress a lady or take their side in things just to do that, which I think is at the least the original meaning of that word, at least in an offensive way. Someone who meerly does it or say things to impress a girl or support her for ulterior motives to look better or seem better to them or other girls.

I just simply follow logic, wherever it leads me. I dont think any gender is better or more superior than the other, cause yeah again we both suck.

• Girls sometimes respond that way because guys who are "white knights" are trying to rescue women in distress with the expectation that the damsel will e forever indebted to the knight and will fall in love with him. It is a subtle way of trying to purchase love.

• its not just white knights, its people who would sacrifice their dignity, pride, self-respect, and loyalty, all for what? something petty and a ridiculous reason to do so.

• I think most people here didn't get the concept of "white knight". They are confusing it with "knight in shinning armor" or "knight on a white horse". These last refer to men that tend to think women are damsel in distress that are incapable of helping themselves and need constantly to be rescued.

"White knight" is a concept invented by socially inept young (or imature) men that become bitter and resentful of the fact women are beings with sexual desire and preferences regarding men. They resent the fact they have been constantly rejected by women while men they consider brute are much more succesful. So they come up with non scientific theories about women being sluts, naturally attracted by jocks and bad boys, while rejecting nice, decent, family-oriented guys.

So they grow to hate the "sluts" and all those who endorse their "imoral" behavior: the white knights.

• I think it's because it has been twisted. Some guys help girls because they feel it would make the girl owe them something. I think some people also think they have to solve all a girl's problems when she has to take on a bit of that responsibility too. In an equal relationship both people should want to help each other whenever they can. As adults we don't need someone to hold our hands but instead support us.

Unfortunately I get called a white knight in a derogatory way even though I'm of the latter and just like to help people whenever I can. In fact I feel helpless when I can't offer any assistance to men or women.

• Because of the intentions behind their actions. White Knights aren't really saying that because they believe it, they just want to grab the girl's attention, get her to say "awwwww you're like, so nice. Like, oh mahh gawd" so that he can then do whatever he plans on doing.

Genuinely nice people are appreciated, those we call White Knights are just liars.

• "White knights" pretend to be respectful and overly protective towards women only to be expecting pussy in return. They're basically another example of your typical fuckboy.

• Butting into shit that doesn't involve them to get angry or defensive on someone else's behalf, with ulterior motives? What's to like?

Oh, and I thought equality meant fighting your own battles regardless of gender.

• Because they usually have protection from black.
    😁

www.examiner.com/.../White_Knight.jpg

• That's not an accurate description of a white knight.

Main reason is they usually imply that women can do no wrong, they all are just sucking up to women, thinking it will help them get laid. They're also misandristic, claiming that only they aren't like that.

• I totally agree with you. Those people are mean and hateful people.

I can't change your mind that you don't like me cause I was raised to respect women.

• White knights are fakes who dickride and defend girls no matter what they say, even fucked up shit just for the sake of "brownie points" or whatever they call it. These guys aren't genuine and they think they'll get their dick wet for blinding defending any and every women no matter what.

• Treating women well doesn't make you a white knight, thats called being nice. White knights are the guys who "come to the rescue" and will defend women no matter what, even if the woman is clearly at fault. And after they've defended them they believe the girl owes them something, or except the girl to be interested in them.

• A white knight is a person who assumes a woman is incapable of fighting her own fight on the internet and tries to swoop in and be a keyboard badass, thus saving a helpless damsel in distress. It's not a good look. She is more than capable of winning or loosing a verbal verbatim on her own.

• White Knights put all common sense and morals away just for the sake of 'defending a woman.' They side with her even when she's an aggressor. They adopt the mentality that all women are perpetual victims and help purport the absurd idea that men are to blame.

• We dislike it cause white knights only go white knighting cause they do so expecting brownie points to be earned...

unless you're generally righteous and everyone then it's a bad look.

• White knights are constantly ''hiding their motives'' behind without being clear of what he wants from a girl.

• There treating women well and then there is white knight who treat women as if they are disabled children made of glass that if anyone dare say anything mean they shatter. White knights are disrespectful of women in general. Plus women want a testosterone fueled take charge guy that can get things done and whoo them by being a man not some dickless whinning cockless twat that follows them around like a lapdog hoping if they are nice enough to them they will be allowed to hump their leg.

• Girls hate them because of feminism opening doors etc can come across as patronising 😟

Guys hate them cause they look they suck up to girls not a masculine trait to have

• I tried to be a White Knight once but my Shetland Pony galloped off in the opposite direction of the damsel in distress.

• Because of ulterior motives

• She don't wanna be saved don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved don't save her

• theyre basically feminazi's

• Because they're pretentious cunts?

• Like feminist, SJWs, and mgtow, white knights can be overly annoying and very hateable.

• White Knights aren't men who treat women well. White Knights are men who go out of their way to appeal to women. White Knights don't genuinely care about women they care about women liking them and that to me is pitiful. They aren't good people they're kiss asses but they think they're good people. They don't speak out against injustice unless it makes them look more appealing to women. They do compassionate and honorable things not because it's part of thier character but because they want attention from women. They ignore and bury truth or worse allow themselves to remain ignorant of truth for the sole purpose of remaining in good graces with women. I applause treating people with compassion and respect. I detest pathetic please for affection. And that's what white knights are. They're usually unaware of the fact that that's what they're doing but it's extremely clear to both men and women. Women aren't dumb they're human and just as capable as any other human. But because they're human they're also wrong sometimes and if a man isn't willing to call people out on thier bullshit no matter thier gender at least some of the time he's not someone I respect or admire. It's our collective world to share together so if you're going to stand up against injustice don't do it for affection do it cause it's right. White Knights don't help anyone but themselves.

• Its not that they really hate that, its because a lot of guys will try to please women even if it means sacrificing their dignity , will be afraid to disagree with a woman because they don't want to be labeled as a "misogynist". And a lot of women don't realize that most guys that are so quick to defend and be super pro feminists are only doing so because they want to get laid.

• Because women are perverse...

and men are oppressed

• Because they hate anything that is against their beliefs, beliefs caused by pain, bad experiences, wrong conclusions, rejections, and much more. Fortunately, they are wrong and lots of people are still good. Cheers.

• There are women out there who want guys like that. Just look at it like this, women are like cars. Another one comes along constantly, each one is going to be different and have different goals. Don't change yourself to please someone just continue being you.

• More from Guys
    2