Guys - Would You Date a 19-25 year old with 2 or 3 kids?

I've said this before... and I'll say it again... but the dating scene is a freakin' mess. It's funny, it seems like every woman I meet (I am 24 by the way)... they all have freakin' kids already!

When I am in my 30s, I thought it would be typical to see a lot of women that are single with kids... HOWEVER... this is not the case. It seems like a lot of women these days poor, tall, short, educated, black, white, whatever... they all have kids. Some even have 2-3 kids at such a young age. Why?

When I am older, I want to have my own kids. I don't want my kids to have half brothers or half sisters... When a man has to take care of another man's kids... it's not fair to the guy in the relationship and it's not fair for the kid (s)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering that I was also a young Mom (pregnant at 22 and had my kid at 23) I'd have be bias and say "Yes" I'd date someone else with kids.
    I only had one kid though... so I would probably want a guy that either had none of the same amount.
    I don't want to have my one kid around 3 others.
    I'd really have to like that guy and fore-see a future with him.
    Nowadays parents are getting younger and younger, and I think a lot of people fail to realize that.
    A lot of people seem to think the magic age of having kids is "30" (because that's usually when someone is more mature and in a career). But times are changing now.
    There are 18 year olds with kids.

• I guess what I'm saying... none of this is uncommon.
      I'd be more wowed at 15 year olds having kids than I would someone in their early twenties.

• And to add , I don't consider 25 too young to have kids. It's a reasonable age.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 24, I dated a girl that was 29 that had 3 kids aged 8 and twin-3 years old. I didn't mind it but I was clear to her that I wanted no part in her kids as that is their father's problem to take care off and that meant I didn't want her asking me for money to help her with her kids. It didn't last for long as there was distance and we were not sexually compatible as well as I felt it wasn't really for me.

Now, my girlfriend is 38, she has 4 children aged 15, 11, 8 and 3. She and her kids live with me and have been doing so for 2 years now, Her ex-husband is not in the picture at all, therefore I told her upfront if they live in my house then it is my roof my rules. Before she moved in, I told her all the money she received from her ex-husband's estate, including their former house must be placed in a separate account that her children can use for their college. I do pay for her and them since she doesn't work or at least the work she does doesn't seem to pay enough, I told her that her kids are her business and it is her duty to raise them but that doesn't mean I won't discipline or punish them, I made it clear to her that if I choose to punish her children that it will go on even if she didn't agree to it and that just because her children wants something it doesn't mean they will get it.

Would I date another woman with children? I'm open to it but no 3 children 3 different fathers type situation and ideally she should be able to pay for her own kids but am willing to overlook it if it is just lack of money.

What Girls Said 6

• No I'm not dating anyone with children especially as you as you are you shouldn't have to settle. There's no reason for an unmarried woman to be having babies so young other than her inability to keep her legs closed. If she can have kids at such a young age it shows she's stupid, irresponsible, and a loosey goose. My own mother has 7 kids and 4 men as fathers, that's disgusting.

• Nice respect for your mother.

• @Marinepilot Yeah. I just found out my older brother (raised by my mom only) and my older sister (also raised by my mom only) are in some serious doo doo. My brother is going to prison for six years and my sister just gave her baby to my aunt because she is working as a prostitute. Go single moms!! whoo hoo!

• @Marinepilot Oh maybe I should also add that my sister is a single mom, but single moms rock so it's okay that she's a prostitute!

• I would never date a guy with kids.

• Well, I would worry about his long term planning skills.

Plus, I'm in college, so I don't know how that would work. I wouldn't have to deal with kids much, plus. But that's a lot of extra stuff, 2-3 kids eh.

• What's wrong with half siblings? My little sis is technically my half sis and I love her to bits, she's my best friend.

And when a man steps up to take care of the kids another so-called "man" left behind, its 1) sexy as fuck, and 2) one of the manliest things you could ever possibly do.

And oh, yeah, now that kid (s) now have a father figure in its life. Its a win win for everyone.

Lastly, if you dont want to date a woman with kids, dont. But at the same time dont be so... 'ignorant'... (i couldnt think of the right word, so thats what I settled for...)

• If I were a man, no. I don't think it's responsible to have multiple kids before you can possibly provide adequately for them. One kid, maybe. But two or more is careless.

• I'm 22 and probably wouldn't date a guy with kids. I don't have kids, and don't plan on having any until I'm married.

What Guys Said 15

• When I was closer to that age, I would have been very reluctant to date someone with kids. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker though. As I got older, it just wasn't realistic to expect women to not have kids or never be married. So divorced women and/or women with kids was just part of the equation.

Now I'm at an age where a lot of women close to my age are grand mothers. So the whole thing is very age dependent, and where you are in your life.

For someone young, it's very understandable to want to have a more traditional family and raise their own kids as a couple. At an older age that becomes more difficult to do, but still possible well into their 30s or even 40s.

• I mean... it's just kind of strange for me... you know? When I was growing up, it wasn't uncommon to see women in their 30s with kids. But... I'm still young... and I am seeing all of these young single mothers who are my age or younger with kids. It's crazy.

• Average age in the US is approx 25.4.
      Average in Texas is 23.9

US average for Asians is 28.5
      White : 26
      Hispanic : 23.1
      Black : 22.7
      Native American : 21.9

So yea, as a black American in Texas, you'll probably see a lot of women with kids at your age. If you dug into it you could probably find which city/state has the highest average. On the other hand, even if half have kids, that's still a heck of a lot of women who don't.

• Nope. That's too much to deal with if she's a good mom and if she's a bad mom and does have time for me, then I don't respect her for being a bad mother. *shrugs*.

• if i loved her.

• Probably not, I'd have a fling with a single mother but I don't want kids.

• Feel the same way. I'd probably go on a few dates and work on getting sex... but that's about it... I could never see myself in a committed relationship with a single mom

• I'd just be upfront. I don't want to mislead anyone.

• 1 kid wouldn't be too bad but 2 or 3 nope

• If I have kids then yes I would date a woman with kids. Since I don't have any kids, the answer is no. Too much to deal with. Not only you have to deal with her and her family, you have to deal with her babydad (s) and her kids. Been there done that

• Date? Sure

Get in a long comitted relationship? Now that's a different story

• Where do you live? The only single girls that age with kids I know of are all dirtbag types.

• I live in Dallas, Texas. It's really sad... it seems like every girl I meet - whether she is in college, has a full-time professional job or still living with her parents... they have kids.

I actually read that the average age women have kids in Texas is age 23.

I mean... it's pitiful. I've met a lot of women who have 1-3 kids. Some with the same guy... some with 1-3 baby daddies.

• Wow; I live in Calif. and the only place that is common here is the barrios.

• Hell nitty!

• No thank you.

• FUCK THAT NOISE !

• Hell fucking no

• if i loved her... not scared easily.

• I'm 25, with no kids. Kids are always a deal breaker for me so no I wouldn't.

• If I were divorced, I definitely. Of course I'd also have kids ;p

If i were magically 25 and single again, no.

I love kids, they're the best part of my life, but as a single person jumping into dating someone with kids is a massive deal.