What does it mean if a guy asks you to hang out later via message, you say yes and then he never responds again?

I have been just casually talking to a guy for the past week and yesterday he messaged me on Facebook and said "hey I need to focus on writing but later after work we should meet up in person and talk". I said "Sounds good, have fun!" and he never responded to me. He never even opened the messages. This morning I texted him something funny and he responded "Lol" and then never responded again.
He is a graduate student working on his dissertation so I know he is busy but like he gets on and off Facebook, posts things yet never messages me back.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• most guys will see the message and especially if theyre busy they will be like "ok cool" mentally and not reply back, he's most likely very busy and so he first prioritized getting you to go somehwere with him over his work and now he's completely focused on his work, dont mind it too much

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It obviously means that you should forget about him.