Did you ever go on a date with someone your friend (s) tried to set you up with? Did it work out?

My friend is trying to set me up with her boyfriend's friend. I find him cute and all, but I don't know, it sound kind of forced/ not spontaneous?
Did you ever go on such a date and did it work?

WOah, there is female hater on here, BACK OFF xD I think I know who you are

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have too much faith on this one. This friend isn't your friends friends. Its her boyfriends friend. Which means her boyfriend is trying to set you up with him cause well, some guys try to wingman each other. But of course I can be wrong. And no hahah no one has tried to set me up with someone before.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i wouldn't mind actually, especially if this friend is someone i really trust.
    hun, if it's spontaneous, just go with the flow man =] u have no idea where it could take u. in the end, ur the one who decides whether it could become something or not. =]

i haven't had the experience yet, but i would be very open to it.

What Guys Said 15

• They DON'T WORK. Why? Dates/Relationships need to flow on their own course and not with a 3rd party intruding.

• Yep. We spent 3 wonderful years together ! The problem is we were together for 4 years LOL

• I helped put two random friends together and yada yada they are married with a child. :-)

• Nope and I would feel a little bit uncomfortable unless I'm interested in him and they simply helped me.

• Last year, one of my aunts tried to set me up with a 15 year old girl (legal here, don't worry). I wasn't interested, she wasn't too. So, no, it didn't happen.

• Oh, I forgot to mention. The girl's mother liked the idea... she was too controlling. It was fortunate that we weren't interested (controlling parents aren't nice xD).

• All the time while in University. But just for hanging out together purposes.

• I did. We hit it off pretty well and she seemed to really like me, but it lasted a week and a half and she kinda turned me down today. Dont know why she did it, but I think it won't hurt to try meeting the guy

• Twice. I failed both times. But I do believe that with one of them it could have worked if we would have met in a normal way. In my opinion with those set ups everything becomes too forced.

• Yes I have. Once. And it was one of the worst dates of my life.

• No, i don't have such cool friends. Mines don't attempt to set me up with anyone.

• Tried, didn't work, never try it again haha

• My sister set me up with one of her friends over the phone
    when i was like 11

it ended when the girl called back and broke up with me like 3 minutes later
    i didn't even get to talk to her we literaly dated for 3 minutes

her dad was listening on their 2nd phone and was like nope

• LMAO sorry but that was funny, maybe because I also had a 30 min relationship when I was a teen xD!

• lol yeah it was looking back now & lol

• A couple times. Always women setting up, might have gotten different results with a male friend.

In one case, immediate disaster as there wasn't attraction and it was obvious and then there were hurt feelings over it. Nobody said anything, but there it is.

Another... hmm. Issue was timing more than anything. One girl was still not over her ex. Maybe if she'd been more into me it wouldn't have mattered. My sense is if she'd been not still after him, things -might- have progressed. But maybe not. We were different in some ways, clicked pretty well in others.

• I dont like being set up for anything. My choices my life my business... i find people setting me up for stuff like dating to be annoying.

If i meet you, i like you... then we do things. thats it.

• They do work, especially in female scenarios because if she's close to you she knows how you are quite well and knows what you like but in your case you can't be getting too picky because you're ugly anyways.

• Don't have the balls to post it with your real name? An insult from an anon is worth noting

• you have a stalker lol
      and no, she is not ugly, she is beautiful
      i would say give it a try , you are not gonna lose anything especially if you find him cute :)

• @imanf7 Thank you sweetie :D <3 appreciate it :* :)

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, once. It didn't work out. We weren't really compatible.