Would you ever date a gym rat?

It seems to me like gym rats (both guys and girls) have a hard time dating because of there lifestyle so they just end up dating another gym rat, do you agree?

• Yes I would date one
  • No I would date one

Most Helpful Guy

• If you aren't a gym rat yourself, you probably shouldn't date one, because those folks are naturally going to spend a big portion of their free time working out, so if you aren't working out with them, you aren't going to see them much.

And, let's be honest: a lot of hardcore gym rats are very narcissistic, which is not a great trait to have in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• sure i would, as long as he isn't so consumed with the gym that he makes me feel like it's so much more important.
    or even better, i could just go with him.

What Guys Said 24

• Yes I would and I agree, most gym rats date another gym rat or someone that understands and accepts it

• mmm no, i don't agree. plenty of people who devote time and effort in a gym and date a person who doesn't.

• Well it does have its consequences. The worst one I get is my super anal diet. I never eat anything unhealthy. So like I will go out for ice cream with you but won't have ice cream. I don't eat desserts and fries or any of that. i get take outs now and then but let's just say I keep pizza nights to a minimum. Restaurants? I only have steak or chicken with mash or veg. I'm also a terrible cook because I never cook anything elaborate. I grill and steam everything. So I healthy but am a terrible date in terms of eating.

• Yes, I would love to date a gym rat because I'm one, too. I love athletic girls, and I both admire and am attracted to muscular, fit girls. I hate dating girls who don't go to the gym because the first thing they want me to do is spend less time lifting. I won't do it, and usually in the back of my mind I'm thinking that maybe she'd have a better body if she lifted herself.

• I don't have hard fast rules about this type of stuff. Each person is an individual case.

So yes, I'd definitely date a gym rat with an open mind, and see where things go.

Sorry for being so logical and boring with my answer! :-D

• Well I'm by no means a gym rat but I workout quite a bit and I've dated both girls who workout and girls who don't. And yes, I'd date a gym rat.

• Are u flippin' serious? They get laid everyday. Was that not their motives for worken out? '-'

• As long as she doesn't' force me to exercise lol

• I would much prefer dating a woman who is a gym rat :3

• Yeah why not?

• Absolutely, would a gym rat date me? Hmmm...

• I don't care 😶
    Instead my reps increases when I exercise in front of a girl 😂😂

• Yeah sure why not.. I would date you

• Lol hard time dating? Nah usually gym rats are athletic and fit so

• I like girls who look after themselves.

• I have and will in the future

• eat sleep gainz repeat : D

• Yes I would and No I would?

• It seems to me that most people want someone who looks like a gym rat, but then are frustrated when said gym rat won't sit around eating ice cream with them.

That said, gym rats are more likely to find people who want to date them then those who are out of shape.

Looking like a gym rat while not being one (yay genetics lucky bastards) is probably optimal. Along with having a job that's not too demanding but pays a ton and improves the planet, etc.

• Sure, I like sporty girls ;)

• i'd date a very very large selection of women because i don't have the ability to be choosy. So that includes every gym rat.

• If she looked like Celeste Bonin than that would be a definite yes. I also lift, although I'd probably be considered more of a gym mouse though.

• Both poll options answer yes or no in regards if they agree with your statement, but they also both lead to answering "yes" to dating a gym rat. I agree with your statement but I wouldn't date a gym rat.

• No, just makes them seem like they're too in to their own body. It's borderline narcissim

What Girls Said 8

• I have a delightful time dating.

• I wouldn't because I like to spend a lot of my time with my SO and a gym rat would be there all the time. Not for me.

• I would but hopeful he likes running outside with me.

• It depends how obsessed he is. I like going to the gym too, but like doing outdoor and other activities too, and have a healthy lifestyle as well. A lot of then are really cocky too, and if all he wants to do is spend his free time in a gym and obsess about how good he looks, it's a not from me. Lol.

• Of course I would.
    I love fit people

• IT's f* Awesome! ^_^

• Date one I used to be one.

• Yeah, sure. Some of us will spend our free hours watching a favorite TV show or browsing the Internet, or playing video games, and someone else might spend those hours working out at the gym.

I think it's admirable when someone works on taking care of their body and health. I wouldn't consider myself a "gym rat", but I do work out regularly, so I see the appeal and benefit of it. You have more energy. You feel better overall. You develop discipline and strength of will. People who take care of themselves also tend to look pretty attractive.