What do you think about going dancing alone? Good idea or bad idea?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I found out he was cheating on me. It's Halloween next week and there are a few dances going on in my area. I just recently moved back to my hometown (where my ex lives unfortunately) but I'm trying to make the best of it. I've planned to go to at least once of these dances and hopefully have some fun.

Have any of you gone to a dance by yourself? What was your experience? I'm not a supermodel, I'm a bigger girl but I am hoping to meet some guys or even just make some new friends.

What do you guys think? Any tips for meeting new people? I've been told I'm very approachable and nice. People have also said I'm very likeable.

I should add I have no friends to go with me. They are all married with kids or live too far away to justify coming down. It's also kind of a last minute thing. The dance is next week. Plus I want to meet some new people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Now I'm young, but I say you should not let anything hold you back from a good time. It's all about the confidence!

What Guys Said 1

• Have fun. In my experience you don't meet someone who you want a relationship with when you are looking. It just happens.

What Girls Said 0