How to deal with passive aggressive behavior?

I've been dating this guy for 7 months now and decided it was time to have "the talk." I am a very straight up, upfront person so I just said it how it is. He replied by insinuating that I had doubts about the relationship and that it was best we stay friends. Later that day I sent him a message trying to explain my side more clearly, that I just needed the same commitment from him that I had already and that it really hurt me when he said I had doubts. He didn't reply for a few days until today, simply stating "alright, thanks."

My thoughts are, why even reply if that's all you're gonna say, or why not attempt to explain his side more clealy. I'm just not sure where to go from here. Its upsetting, but I don't want to be rude back. It sucks :(

Most Helpful Girl

• What was the talk about? asking him to 'commit' to you and ask him to announce you are his gf?

I don't think that guy is good at relating to you. No loss there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Definitely take the high road and don't reply. Sounds to me he might need time to think, or wait until he misses you. Guys sometimes need a little time to regroup when they realize they have strong feelings for someone but as soon as you give him time to realize he had a good thing, he'll be back. It's good for you to take some time for yourself too so act like you are happy he gave you some space. Keep your chin up. He is obviously into you but is afraid of what it means...

• I agree that this guy is no loss. I'm dealing with one like this too. They're just too immature and/or insecure to go after what they want, so they'd rather make you do all the work and then be able to stay "safe" and avoid rejection. It is an exhausting role for you to play and it's not fair to you.

• Think you need someone else who is more into you and communicates more directly and wants to commit to you since that is what you are after.