What's your opinion on a girl asking a guy out on a date?

There's a guy who I can't tell is just shy (he's inexperienced with girls) or just not interested. I wanted to make a bold move and ask him out on a date. How should I go about it in case he's just not interested and what's your opinion on girls asking guys out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Find some things that interest him that you share an interest in. Then find an event that serves that interest and tell him about it. Tell him you want to go, and would he be interested in going with you.

Assuming he accepts, he might not know whether you mean to go as a friend or on a date. If he doesn't want clarification on that right away, you're in like Flynn! His imagination will likely wander and if there is any potential there, he'll ponder the possibilities and perhaps develop a crush on you. Or he'll make his less desired intentions clear.

In any event, I think it is great that you want to do this. Worst thing is to be too forward. Guys have vivid imaginations and this is a tool to work to your advantage. I salute your courage - not many women would consider doing it. Good luck!!

• Worst thing is too be too forward? It hasn't went anywhere so far by not being clear. So I was gonna be clear on it being a date but maybe i shouldn't?

• Oh I didn't know you meant sex. Sorry took it the wrong way. That's definitely on another level. I just want to ask for a date. :)

• I picked a very extreme example of forward behavior to make a point. Even with simply asking for a date, which I do think you should do, you should soften the ground and do what you can to keep this from coming as a surprise. Get him thinking about the possibility of you before you ask him out. Pay attention to how he reacts. This will either (1) make him crush on you so when you do finally ask, he's poised to jump, or (2) If he's not receptive and responds coldly, you might reconsider asking or at least not get your hopes too invested when you do ask.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• I like it but I rarely ever happens
    When talking to him next be like " would you be down for a coffee run?" Or whatever. Just throw it in

• I love, truly appreciated of girls who are confident enough to ask guys out.

• he's lucky if you ask because most wouldn't. You should ask him and go for there it might even develope into something, good luck

• It's okay.

What Girls Said 0