18 (female) and 30 (male), too large of an age gap?

• Fine, I guess
  • Ew, gross.
  • Okay, but probably won't be accepted socially.
  • Good.
18 year old girl is in college soon to earn her bachelors degree. 30 year old guy is out of grad school with a job and his own place.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 26 and I wouldn't go out with an 18. That's an eight year difference where my maturity level is much higher than hers and I am at a different stage of my life to her, so I have no idea why a 30 year old man would want to date an 18 year old.

What Guys Said 19

• You're an adult but its still not socially accepted. Why? There is nothing you can have in common with him at his age. Other than the fact that he's using you for his looks and you for his money.

• ... But... they share a connection over how much he wants his looks and how much she wants his money... that's what real love is, right?

• He has a professional job but from what I know it's not a very high paying job. Not all women are gold diggers.

• No one deserves to be treated as a number, So for me, seeing the individual is more important than how long ago they were born, obviously with the exceptions of what is legal and what is not, before someone mis-reads this reply.

• Too large of an age gap? Yes. But it's up to them, if you're okay with it then it's not my business and no one should care.

• If you have to ask the question, the answer is_____ (guess mine)

• 1/ Gold digger is what other people look at
    2/ gross to other people as well
    3/ perverted for his age to date a 18yo
    4/ he will brake up after find out how immature the girl was
    5/ He can use a replacement until he can find a maturity girl later on.
    my girlfriend is 22 and I am 28. I found her so immature sometime annoying me.. Yup

• Well I'm 25 and going by how I feel about 18 year old girls id say it depends on who the 18 year girl is.
    Some 18 year olds are still incredibly immature and nieve where as some are actually fully matured adults.

• I tend to cut it off at 20, of course there are exceptions though, I've met and dated many 18 and 19 year old girls that are mature for their age and that I had chemistry with

• Hey, do what (and who) you like. People will judge you regardless, so don't worry about what others think. In my experience, people don't need a legitimate reason to be assholes.

• That's like two different generations

• It's hard to see it as an equal relationship. A mature adult and a teen, you know?

• there is no limit on the age gap. it could be 80 and 20 for all people should care

• I'm inclined to vote B, but to be honest I think I'd be up for dating an 18 year old at any age.

• No, two totally different places in their lives, should be a red flag to her

• What about 10 year age gap?

• I was 28 when I dated a 19yr old. It didn't work out but I hope yours does.

• Sounds pretty awesome to me! Do you stay with him at his place?

• that's perfect ;)

• It's like this (and I've said this before): the younger one has to be a minimum of half the older one's age plus 7, so in your case, 15+7=22. It's shy of that. Expect society to really not be happy, especially your female friends and your family. Happened to me, me about 45, her 25, her roommates wanted to kill me, so nothing ever happened.

Now if you tell me you're Madame Curie and he's Pierre, then that might be a mitigating circumstance. by the way are you in the same profession?

• Yes it is too large of a gap. You'll be force to grow up faster. Tiring.

What Girls Said 17

• I agree that older men are great. However, it's also really important for you to realize things about yourself and be very, very honest with yourself about these things.

Do you feel you have the life experience to contribute to the relationship or is the power imbalance swung too far out of your favor?

Do you feel that you have enough life experience to understand his life? This doesn't mean things like my mom was mean to me so I understand abuse. It means things like do you know how to say no to another person you care about pressing your boundaries?

Do you know yourself well enough to not lose YOU to a relationship?

Do you know yourself well enough to not give YOU away in a relationship?

Do you understand life well enough to see the differences between a man that's young at heart and a man child?

And there are sooooooo many more things you have to think about within yourself. Personally, I don't think the 12 age gap is bad. I think the fact that you're 18 and he's 12 years older than you is bad. Like get to know YOU before you go for such big gaps. Experience life alone or with people your age so that it's all new for you. Then when you're like 22 start looking at men in their 30s again.

• 12 years isn't too big an age gap... HOWEVER... you have just left high school while he probably supports himself and is used to the adult life. You are in different stages of your lives, and that could become a problem. I'm not saying it can't work, but you might feel alienated from each other at times because college is a lot different than whatever he is doing. You are going to change and grow a lot in college, and even a year from now you might not be the same person you are today.

Just something to keep in mind

• Is your choice at the end of the day, but I'll give you MY opinion. I honestly think is not a good idea. Why? Because you are 18, which means you still have a looooot to experience. There is so many things you still need to learn.
    I think his expectations will be completely different to yours. Being with a man of that age will just make you grow up faster and you might miss some cool stuff your age has to offer.
    Just think about it carefully. I am not talking about how society is gonna see this, cuz that is pretty obvious, I am just saying that I dont think this is going to bring much benefits to you at this age.

• I'm 19 and my cut off age is around 26, I feel like once you hit your thirties thats when most people want to kind of settle down a little more or will in the close years to come. Personally, I think a lot goes on between 18 and 30 mentality wise. That's just me though. You do you.

• Well when it comes to dating an older guy, there is more then just an age gap you have to think about. You have to think about the differences between the mentalities. An 18 year old is barely starting out in life including financially where else a 30 year should be more stable with his life. In my opinion it is better to date someone around your age group.

• You're asking it... because you know that's a huge gap...

Of course it's not right. and it probably will be frowned upon... unless the girl is one of those girls that looks far much older than their age... and the guy still had a full head of hair...

Anyway, I think that's too much of a gap... but whatever makes you happy...

• If you love hearty each other, there's no matter for you. It's not large age gap, I've many friends who have too large age gap between man and woman. Keep your love and raise forever <3

• sounds fine since both are adults

• It's just dating right? He will be out in the world, meeting loads of people and might find someone better or in the same field as him. You gotta be prepared for that possibility while you date him.

• Yes..

If you are looking long term. Since 18 and 30 are at two completely different stages in life.

• No one should really care as you're both consenting adults and you're not getting married right away. It's no one else's business except yours. It would be different if you were 17.

• You're of legal age, who gives a fuck what society thinks? If two people like each other they shouldn't let negative people stop them being together.

• It's okay, but it probably won't be accepted socially.

• I chose a negative answer on the poll not because I believe that love has an age gap limit, but because you just finished school, and as nice as he might sounds, he could be a bad person and you may regret every second you took from your life being with that person. I know a lot people in your age that had just finished school and then fell in love with a guy much older than them and it didn't end good at all. Personally, in your age, I wouldn't want this kind of relasionship, but if you know hundred percent what you're doing, keeping in mind everything that could happen and protect youself, then you will be fine.

Know that I do not want to be offensive by any means. I'm just telling you what might happen, one thing that has happened to a lot of people, mostly women.

• Nah, the age gap is not that big.

• It's ok, I knew some 18 years old girls with even older guys (35-39).

• That's a 12 year difference. I still at 19 feel like I have a lot to learn and I'd imagine at 30 id know that stuff. To me it's a big difference