How to get into dating?

Im 16 and I feel like it's the right time to start thinking about dating but I just don't know where to start. I don't like any girls at my school and I don't know anywhere else to meet people. Also I'm quite shy so approaching strangers or spontaneous conversation isn't really my thing. Does anyone have any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• You just mentioned that you don't like all the things that usually lead to dating. so my tip... stay single. It ain't that bad anyway.
    Either that or start approaching people, starting conversations and reduce your standard of attraction for the girls at you school.

• I don't mind starting them if there's a set topic it's approaching random people I don't like and the people at school it's not that they aren't attractive, it's just that I'm quite different to everyone at my school, tbh they aren't in my league in terms of looks (they are all above me)

• it comes from experience, and when you get to my age, you'll be smooth too.

• If only :P

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• well if your friends talk to any girls you should go hang around while there having a conversation and just jump in every once in a while. Then you can just build up from there.

• Yeah that's another problem, my friends aren't like that, they have no interest in girls at all. But I can't just make new friends can i? (not a rhetorical question)

• Yea you can, if you're involved in anything at school, or you sit close to someone you would want to talk to, you can just ask them a question about something, then just try and carry on the conversation

• I do do that but, I'm a nerd, he's one of the cool sporty people, he'd probably be embarrassed if he was seen talking to me.