Am I destined to be alone forever?

There is nothing positive about me. I'm bad in every way. I'm ugly, boring and generally not a likeable person. How could anyone ever like me, so am I destined to die alone?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you won't be alone forever. I'm sorry that you're having to feel like this, it sounds like you're going through a really rough time :(

It's pretty useless of me to tell you you're lovely as you are, what do I know? I'm just some fellow anon on the internet. I do know though that you deserve to feel happy and to be loved. If you don't like who you are, then you should work to make positive changes; but they should be for you, towards becoming the whoever the best version of yourself is in your opinion, not to please anyone else. The right person will love you as you are now, and support anything you need to do to like yourself more.

Again, I'm sorry for how you're feeling right now. I hope doing some venting on the internet helped at least a little. You should talk to someone you trust irl too though. How you feel is important, and there are people who care and will want to help if you let them.

*hugs*

• I don't trust anyone, no one cares

• I get that. It's how I feel about summer. Holidays can be isolating sometimes :/

• Yeh and also I've never been out on Halloween with friends or anything so I can't let loose and forget problems there, instead I just dwell on them so they build.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sure you are underestimating yourself. There are probably many good things about you. You can't have all negative attributes, and you'd be surprised at how accepting some people can be if you just gave them a chance. You're not destined to die alone either; you can control your own happiness and life events just as much as the next person. The most important thing to do is not feel sorry for yourself and don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you can find someone who will accept you for who you are.

• You say I can't but somehow I managed. Even if someone does accept me then they'll won't be accepting anything good

• If you keep thinking that way, you will probably be single for a while but I doubt you will die alone. Try finding the positive in your life. Be happy. Try new things. Live your life to the fullest

• you are under 18, you will surprised how much your looks will change.
    if u want to have more confidence, do some work out and make ur body look better

• I do workout but it's made no difference

• it take a lot of time , months and maybe a year
      and u need to eat healthy first to make it work

• And even I had the best body in the world that wouldn't help me be a nice person

• dudeeeeeee don't think like that omg...

• Im just being realistic

• dude. i hate negative people.

• I try to be realistic instead of negative or positive

• you are sooooooo young and have a long way to go... just focus on school and hang with friends enjoy life and everything will fall into place... when i was under 18 i was lost too and then i had so much fun and exploring in college... guys would flirt with me and i loved shopping and dressing up and then i focused on my career and having good company... you won't be like this forever, when u go to a new school things will change

• Friends are not something I have.

• then you'll find them in college, who cares about high school... everyone is fake in high school and they won't matter anymore once u graduate, trust me... high school is temporary dont even worry about it

u can even join clubs or sports or volunteer programs outside of school make friends through there, get a part time job, make friends there... u will meet so many people in ur life the older u get, but high school doesn't matter

• Not matter what I do I can't make friends

What Guys Said 7

• I think you're too young to think like that. Don't give up, remember that there's nothing about your personality and behavior that you can't change if you try hard enough.

• The secret is all in your attitude. As hard as it is, give everything the benefit of the doubt and force yourself to find the positive in every single thing. Twist it into the positive until it becomes second nature. You are the only one who can choose to change yourself. What everyone on this site says doesn't matter. It's up to you.

• You can't describe yourself accurately. No one can.

• Alright. You know whats the problem with you. Now try to improve yourself.

• I have, everything has failed

• I bet you are wrong. I believe there is an amazing girl behind your screen.

• Im a guy and there really isn't

• Just keep looking. If in 20 girls none looks at you, you need to know more. Just that, is that simple.

Just know more.

• I tried but no matter how many I spoke to not one didn't make the conversation as short as possible so I've concluded it must be me

• Yeah with that attitude you are. Seriously you need to work on your self esteem.

• But there's nothing to build on, to have self esteem you need at least something good

• No you put yourself down. There's a difference between saying "I'm not perfect but I'm ok anyway and just as worthy and valuable as anyone else" and saying "I'm ugly, boring and not a likeable person".

• But I don't have any redeeming features

• You see destiny is not actually set. You set your own destiny, if you think you are destined to be alone forever it is simply because you are not willing to change your own's expected destiny. You have to work on it.

• I've tried everything I can to be better but nothing works, I always stay the same boring me