Girls, Is it possible to not make enough money to deserve a girlfriend?

Do women really place as much importance on a man's wealth as a man does? I don't make very much money. I do work my balls off, I'm always practicing something and generally have about 4 hours a week where I'm actually doing *nothing* but I don't really have anything to show for my efforts. I want to be better but I know the area I live in is headed in the direction of not having any jobs that will pay my bills and allow me the lower middle class lifestyle that I want to live. For fuck's sake, I just want to be able to buy a new guitar once in a while, fix my car, maybe get a shitty beater truck to drive in winter and to work so I don't have to worry about my baby getting damaged by overuse. I just want to be able to afford to do the things it takes to make a girl fall for me, and be able to give her what she needs when she does. But, if I have one insecurity in myself, it's my inability to hold a job and my inability to make the amount of money I feel validate me as a man.

I'm great in bed, I'm really fantastic in person, and I'm intelligent; I just don't make enough money to get by. I guess that's what you get when you're an artist trapped in a working world.

3

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• For me, I don't care about that. As long as you can take care of yourself that has nothing to do with me. :)

• I bet that it has more to do with it than you're willing to admit.

• My mom was the person who would do you a favor and then throw it back in your face. And I hate that. I hate the feeling I get when people throw in your face that they did something for me. So, as an adult I've made it my mission to be self sufficient and independent. So because of that, I can take care of myself and I am. So whether or not a man has a lot or a little money means nothing to me because it doesn't effect me and what I'm doing. As long as whoever I am interested in is doing something to support themselves and has ambitions to be better who am I to condemn them.

• My parents do that too.

• The most important thing is that you are not lazy, which you are not! Any girl that turns away because you're not rolling in dough is very shallow.