What does it mean when a guy follows up with a girl after a date?

I had a guy I have been dating over to my house for dinner and a movie. We have been dating for about 3 weeks. I thought the date went great, but kind of short because he had to drive about 45 minutes home. The very next day he sent me an email asking how my day went, he enjoyed my company, telling me what his plans were for the weekend and that he would be gone all weekend. And told me when he would be back, but for me to have a great weekend. He sent this email out of the blue. He was a little "touchy feely" with me and told me that he hoped he did not overstep his boundaries and if I thought he did, if I would please accept his apologies.I did not email him first.

What does it mean when a guy follows up with a girl after going to her house for a date? And no...no sex was involved.

I should mention that we are in our 30s and 40s.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It probably meant that he wanted you to know that he was thinking about you and enjoyed spending time with you and he wants to again but he can't because he'll be out of town the next weekend. I don't think it's a bad thing, it's bad when you go out with a guy and you never hear from him again

• You're only half correct. The part, "but he can't because he'll be out of town the next weekend." is not valid. It's an attempt to keep the ball rolling and start a romance and keep from falling into the hell of being 'just friends'.