Why are some women so impossible?

I think that lots of women are so impossible with guys, with these ridiculious standards. Yeah, a guy has to play his cards right not to come off like a douche, I get that and I know what the red flags are. However, some women take this to an extreme with crap like 'he has to pay for so many dates,' 'he has to ask you out immediately for the 2nd date,' blah blah blah.

This is kind of retarded. And what you read in a book does NOT always apply to the real world. I sure hope some of the girls here realize that as long as we treat each other like PEOPLE instead of following some dumb manual, we'll all be better off.

Most Helpful Guy

• What a breeze of fresh air. Wonderful to hear this from a woman your so right and thank you for pointing it out.
    Here in the UK we've named it. Princess syndrome I've all so heard it call Brat too.
    I don't think there are to many women like this but it's actually very much to do with upbringing. Most are usually very dotted on by pendants especially fathers and then expect their men to give the same or more to them.

• I just think that it's dumb... and good luck to any woman who sits there d**king around with her scorecard.

• Well there are a few guys that are drawn to them. We must not judge ha ha and be grateful that we are more normal. What ever that is lol.

• Thank you for the MHO.

What Guys Said 15

• Because women are brainwash by media which tells them that they should not settle for less but anything that perfect.

Many media outlets put into little girls brains when they are young that relationships revolve around men pleasing them, and never ask what they have to bring to the table outside of spreading their legs for the relationship.

Many social media outlets have inflated women ego to new heights. Now they can get 100,000 of random guys telling them they are perfect/liking their pictures consistently on a day to day basis. That kind of feedback really inflate man women's egos into thinking their perfect goddess.

• Totally agree... I'm even hearing, because the guy who likes me also wants me to work with him like somehow this is a huge sin - WHY? We relate to each other mentally and enjoy the same things when it comes to work. This is NOT a bad thing and to me it means we have a lot in common and that he respects my skills and opinions. This is not a bad thing.

• I think you are right.

I must stress that men are equally as bad with their books, I remember being suckered into the PUA stuff, I even tried some moves in a night club and failed spectacularly. I find I have had more success when I have minimized the amount of rules I have in placed and do you want to know a shocking fact? Since I treat women like humans and don't try and impress them I have attracted some women. It's bloody amazing this common sense stuff it really is. If only I discovered it a long time ago. PUA, what a load of tom foolery.

• So do tell about this PUA stuff I have no idea what it is lol

• It teaches men techniques on how to pull women, like what to say, what to do, how to behave, what to wear. Don't get me wrong with the right guy it works wonderfully. My friend can walk into a club and pull a woman and in some cases leave with her, where as the only thing I tend to pull are door handles, but I'm sure there are PUA articles, tips, blogs and websites you can navigate through to expand your knowledge on pick up artists.

• I agree with you. Lots of women do seem to have completely unrealistic standards. The way I see it is these women are actually doing men a favour in a way because if they are like this now they will be like this during the entire relationship so men are getting to see the red flags right at the start. All I can say about women that do this is don't come complaining to me that you are single because no men will date you because I will have no sympathy for you. I agree what you read in a book does not alway apply to the real world. Cosmo for example is just full of shit, feeding young girls all the wrong messages about men. The only thing a Cosmo is useful for in my opinion is to wipe your ass with once you have taken a shit. People need to realise that every single situation is different so there will not be one solution fits all relationships rule.

• Who says a guy should date girls using those 'standards'?

• And that's why those people you mentioned are still in the dating phase and not in a stable relationship.

• Those women are chronically single for that precise reason. :-P

• They secretly desire to die along surrounded by empty Haagen-Dazs tubs and cats.

• You're preaching to the choir here, darlin'!

• I think its funny because these same women are the ones who will spread their legs on the first date for some guy they met at the club or on tinder, but then they turn around and act like this prize that needs to be won.

• I agree completely/

• There is a guy who's been asking me out for a while now, over 3 weeks, but I was recovering from dental work, busy with job, home, etc., so I went to my getaway at the hotel. This is a habit and I've done this for years, it's my peace and quiet, so I invited him there - NOT to have sex with him on the first date of course - I kept it all clean and we ate and talked, that's it. But I just wanted to finally see him. And I'm being slammed and told I needed to make HIM do this, do that, Jesus Christ how impossible.

• I agree completely. There are a lot of women who are in the mindset you mentioned before of "If he doesn't do x, or doesn't do it the way I want, then he's not worthy" and it's really ridiculous to put so many stipulations on things.

They're really only screwing themselves over, but at the same time, since a relationship takes 2 people, I can't help but feel that both people are losing out because of it

• People make mistakes and people aren't perfect... if we're kind to one another, it makes life a whole lot better and happier.

• yeah i supports you. if he ask you for splitting means he need your love not your money and remember that he is not asking to pay for his food only for yours.

• because not many rational women like you exist.

• And sometimes, when we deal with *some* men (not all) it's hard to stay rational because they push the wrong buttons... trust me, it requires a huge effort to remain calm and rational lol

• Nice to see some honesty about this from a woman for a change. Thanks.

• Finally figured that out, after your fertility health plummeted?

• Hey dumb ass, I already was married, had a kid, and treated my man like a king... and am proud.

• What about you pay for you own goddamn food? Suckers

• I don't mind, especially if he had a hard day and I want to do something nice for him - why is that wrong?

What Girls Said 4

• I think some girls are just following outdated "rules." As an older woman, I have seen the rules change.

In the past, it was acceptable to be courted. The woman generally didn't make as much money, morals were a bit different and chasing a guy was frowned on. The guy was expected to pay as he generally was the one working, he was expected to call and ask for dates because the phone was the only source of communication there was.

Now, with the advent of texting and social media, online dating, and women who are much more independent, things have changed. The "gender roles" no longer apply as they once did, and there should be a balance financially since women work as well as well as communicating since it is so easily done now.

Girls should step up and start taking responsibility in dating. The days of waiting for Johnny to call are over.

• It's still acceptable, I think, for early on a man to initiate more, but that's all I need. It only means he really wants to see me which feels nice. Otherwise, then you start giving back to show him that you appreciate his effort. Not so hard to do. But as far as mistreating someone or being passive-aggressive just doesn't work for me.

• I agree with you 100%. You are spot on as far as girls having unrealistic expectations.

• Sounds like something a 30 year old would do. I don't know anyone my age who has standards like that

• PREACH! There isn't a guide or book on love. Just do what feels right for you and live your life.

• Well if you happen to find one like that let her go if you don't like it... I personally feel bad when a guy buys me things I rather pay myself