How to not be nervous when you go on a date?

I'm going on a date with this guy to the movies today, but I'm really nervous what should I do? I've never been on a date before so I don't know what to do or what to talk about or what to expect? I'm also kinda shy till I get comfortable around someone

I'm 18, I went to an all girls high school so I don't really know how to talk to guys

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to be nervous when with a guy whether he's one of your friends or if he's your date. Just be yourself and don't try to make a false impression by laughing at things he says that you wouldn't normally be laughing at if it was your friend. Think of going on a date as a fun thing and a chance to know your date a little bit better. At the movie just enjoy it if you like it and if you don't then just don't say anything bad about it unless he does first. Just relax and remember you're not on the way to a horror house that's for real. Smile as much as you can without being fake but don't be afraid to force yourself a little because once you do you'll just start smiling more naturally. Talk about everyday things but do try to be more interested in what he has to say than what you do. Be interested in what he has going on and ask little questions if necessary to show your interest and for making sure you understand what he's talking about. Once you get yourself involved like that with him you'll completely forget about being nervous. Instead, it'll end up being a fun date and he may want to ask you again. Make sure to have snacks and stuff so you really do have a fun time. Good luck and enjoy the movie.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be so in your head and over play everything. Pretend that they are your best friend and just try and be as casual and yourself as possible.

What Guys Said 1

• The best way of not being nervous, is by not constantly thinking about not being nervous! Just treat him as you would any other male friend, although flirt a little bit to keep things interesting. After all, the first few dates are just to get to know each other better. :)

What Girls Said 0