Help, I need advice. My girlfriend broke up with me because I use my moms Netflix?

Ok so I am a 21 year old college student and I live at home with my 18 year old sister and my mom. My mom has a Netflix account that she pays for and everyone in the house uses it. I was dating this girl for about a month and she had no problem with me living at home, she still lives at home also. One day she asked me if she could have my Netflix password I told her I can't because my Netflix only allows up to 2 devices to stream so it would interfere if she uses it and also technically its not even my account its my moms so I would feel weird about taking that liberty.

When she found out she was like "you use your moms Netflix account, you're a 21 year old man still using your moms Netflix account, you know how lame that sounds?" and I just could not understand why this was a problem. Then she broke up with me and was like "What are you going to tell the next girl you date, Yo girl wanna come over and Netflix and chill on my moms account." Its funny because she also lives at home and uses her older brother Netflix account but when I brought that up she said its different because thats her brother and thats what brothers are for and that she's a woman so she's allowed to and that I am a grown man.

She said I sound loserish and that apparently a lot of her friends who are city girls from Canada or California feel that way. she's originally from Ontario Canada. She said its a city thing to have that as a deal breaker.

I have never met 1 single person who considers this a deal breaker but apparently her and her friends do. She also in the end said "all of my friends are Hot and every loser that dates them can't hang on to them, hmmm I wonder why" Like if she was directing it at me. And her last words were basically her saying what I do sounds loserish.

So question especially woman, is this a thing? Would it bother you if you met a guy who still uses his moms netflix?

City girls, is this a city thing? Also the r

Also the reason I don't have my own Netflix is because like I said I live at home and my mom already pays for an account, why would I pay for one when one is already being provided for free.

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not a women thing, this a petty thing issue that she has. It wouldn't bother me if a guy used his mom's Netflix account. I see her side as far as she feels ur 21 and u should be a little more independent but she's no different than you are. She lives at home with her mom & uses her brothers netflix. Why doesn't she get a job & pay for her own netflix account, instead of relying on her brother. Im glad u stuck up for yourself to her on that, and she's wrong when she's says its different for girls. Its not a double standard. That's just crazy that she's knocking u down when she's in a similar situation. As far as it being a city girl thing, I'm not sure but it sounds like only a issue certain individuals would find a problem.

The comments u wrote that she said tells me she is a mean & superficial girl. Honestly, I don't mean to be mean but she did u a favor by breaking up with you. she's not a good girlfriend. Good girlfriends don't say stuff like that & treat their boyfriends like that. Sometimes u have to share things in ur household cuz money is tight & everyone is working to make a living. A good girlfriend would understand this. Lastly, my question to her is, if her friends are all hot & the guys they date can't hold onto them, maybe it's cuz the problem isn't w/ the guys but with them. Also, she's hangs around with them so what does that say about her. I mean she breaks up with guys over netflix, enough said. lol sorry I not trying to be mean to her but I'm just being honest. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• no.. I use my ex boyfriends dads netflix account, he has his own profile but I still use his dads anyway! I'm pretty sure you can use more than two devices, I live in Ontario and it's not a city thing... hahah what the actual fuck.

• She wanted to use YOUR netflix but you can't use your moms?

What a cunt.

• I agree with the person who said that she needed an exscuse to break up which is really cowardly. I really find this girls behavior to be despicable and pathetic, she obviously didn't love you because your 'lameness' shouldn't even come into question. If anything it's smart to use your mom's Netflix because of money concerns (i guess because of college?). Money isn't everything and that woman is just making us look bad, maybe she should question herself about who would date her with that nasty attitude.

• Sounds like she's the loser here who just needed a reason, any reason, to break up with you.

• be happy she did

• That's ridiculous. Seems like she needed an excuse to break up with you.

• She just a fucking idiot I'm from Ontario and never it has a thing what the fuck? LMAO it probably because "I already have to deal with you living with your mom the netflix is the last straw" she just a gold digging whore.

• lol im from Ontario and no one does that here, she's just retarded or something, my brother is in college but uses my dads Netflix.

• Seruously she ended it because you use your mums netflix? Who gives a flying rats ass?

• you use your moms Netflix account, you're a 21 year old man still using your moms Netflix account, you know how lame that sounds?"

Omg, please be relieved that you are not dating an immature girl anymore

No it is not a dealbreaker.

She ia just mad she didn't get the password

What Guys Said 6

• I have heard that city girls from Canada and the East coast are known for being this bitchy. Don't be surprised.

Besides, don't fret about her dumping you. If she was like that then she wasn't worth it anyway, dude.

• You sound like you got off easy, imagine if you had married that bitch. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

• Total shallow bitch.

I share my Netflix with my parents and best friend, my Amazon prime with my brother, and my parents share their HBO and Showtime with me. Family, yo.

No great loss for you.

• Wow, you definitely dodged a bullet there. She's stupid as FUCK.

• She's a bitch, that's all

• Yo 😎Fck that Bitch yeah fuck that bitch