Guys: what type of career/job that a woman has would you NOT date/marry?

BE HONEST!

• Professional
  • Manual labor/Hospitality
  • Arts and/or entertainment
  • Unemployeed (and not looking for work)
  • I don't care as long as she can provide for herself/contribute
  • I don't care as long as she makes around the same income as I do
  • Other or I'm a woman

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted for unemployed and not looking for work. It is not a woman's right to expect to live off a man and for the man to buy her the new iPhone and everything she wants when she wants it but at the same time not work. I will not be used like that. If the man and woman agree on that lifestyle that is fine but if a girl just expects it she is not worth it and she only likes the man for his money. Don't get me wrong I love to spend money on a girl that is worth it but it should be at the man's choice not her demanding for it.

• I agree, though I never said she would demand he spend money on her.

• though, I don't exactly consider myself to have been lazy at that time. I need that break to really figure everything out. needed time to think without any distractions.

• Sick of what same old shit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Military and unemployed

What Guys Said 17

• To be honest, it wouldn't be preferable if she was in the military. I would miss her a lot while she is based around different places in the world and not seeing her much. I feel I would worry about her a lot too.

• doesn't really matter except probably something extremely dangerous. police work depending on the place we live. like, if it's like my town, i wouldn't care but i'd be against it if it's detroit or nyc. it also depends how much i'm making. like, if i make enough for us to live comfortably, i'd love for her to be a stay at home mom and she can take up anything she really wants to. but i'm also not gonna complain about her making money either.

• yea, I couldn't be with someone who had a dangerous job either, police/military or intense high risk manual labor type job

• I don't care as long as she can provide for herself, cause I'm not a charity. If she's unemployed and not looking, but somehow she manages to provide for herself (without doing something illegal) I don't care if she has no job.

• hmm, she could have a bunch of money saved.

• no, you're assuming she would be lazy no matter what.

how could I get offended? I work.

• I never assumed, it's a possible scenario. How many rich people don't do shit? Too many to not avoid the possibility that she may be a lazy one.

• Porn star/ stripper. I have dated them and they are all broken. Too many emotional problems and instability for me.

• My initial reaction was "Divorce Attorney" but that would only really be an issue if I had assets and $$$ far exceeding hers, and a divorce attorney would probably do the pre-nup anyway, though they probably also would know the loopholes. Hahaha

• Tbh as long as I don't screw it up my career is good to go, professionally and financially, so whatever she wants!
    I like girls to be ambitious in whatever she is interested in. I would def look for that ☺

• To be mite direct, I would hesitate dating someone that was into stripping, or porn. Or traveled all the time.

• It's hard to have a relationship or have a family (for marriage) if she's gone all the time! I know travel is a part of most white collar jobs, trust me I know that.

I'm talking about, traveling out of town more often than not.

• ah, I thought you meant at all. I couldn't date a guy who was constantly going on business trips either.

• I would not marry a porn star or a drug dealer. Other than that, as long as she can contribute and it makes her happy, I don't care.

• few people work jobs that make them happy. I think it's more important that they have other things (especially people) in their lives that make them happy.

• If she's unemployed, hell no. Some men and women are fine with having an unemployed housewife, but I am not. With my student loans and paying off debt, I can't afford for her to sit around.

• Nothing sexual, porn, stripper, etc.

• Something that deliberate hurt people or would be against my morals.

A killer, a con artist, criminal, part of a political party that promotes racism and more of that stuff.

• Construction and any other physical labor jobs, I like my women to be as feminine as possible and those fields are way to manly.

Also corporate jobs since those make people really tired and stressed, at least that's what happens to my dad. Also I make songs about the plight of the business man and that might piss her off.

• women's hands are actually better for construction type jobs than men's. so, manly has nothing to do with it

• I associate the job with big burly men covered in sweat and grime. I do not want my girlfriend/wife to have this association in my mind.

• Also muscles she would form doing the physical labor would be extremely unattractive, I like girls to be delicate and frail.

• CEO of feminism international. I would not want to date her.

• I would not want a career woman (though not relevant for me yet, but it same goes for the workaholic girls studying in my msc in engineering programme) i would want a girl who finds family more important than her career. (though i see these values might be outdated, it comes partly from the fact that i never worried about money and will never have to so i don't need to care about my partners income, just their time, so i understand other people's experiences will be different)

• Anything that includes revealing her HAWT stoofs 👙😘

• Fish market. Or something else stinky that works its way into your skin.

• lmao! I waitress and sometimes it makes my hair smell awful... it's called showering, bud! ;p

• In general that's fine but have you ever known someone who spends her days gutting fish for sale? There's some smells that just take time to totally wash out. But in reality no, I don't think there's any job that makes a girl undatable. It would depend on how it effects her. Like if she was a social worker and builds up an emotional callus that could suck. But I doubt all people would react the same way. It might be that I'm a bit over accepting but I kinda doubt any job would be a specific turn off. Except maybe prostitute. Maybe porn actress would also be a draw back. Female Walter white might be hot. Astronaut would mean long periods of being away. But in all reality no. Rambling hah. Unless you had something specific in mind other than gender equality bias stuff?

• no, nothing specific in mind. I just know some women won't date a guy based on what he does for a living. I wanted to see how many guys would admit the same thing. I think I shouldn't have put the unemployeed option.

admittedly, I wouldn't date a guy who did a job I was against ethically. or who works long hours/goes on tons of business trips often. though, the occasional project that needs more hours would be ok.

• I voted E. And note that contribute doesn't have to mean financially.

• I have been around enough female doctors and lawyers to know what kind of mothers and wives they make. I would never do that to myself and my children.

• Could you elaborate? I can't really picture any universally unattractive trait of doctors/lawyers. And wouldn't their incomes allow you the freedom to spend more time with your children?

• @Aquenne Yes they would, but I am not not a mother. Children deserve a mother.

• @aquenne they make the incomes they do because they work long hard hours. any most bring their work home with them.

I wouldn't want to marry a lawyer or doctor or anyone else with a high stress, huge workload job either.

What Girls Said 2

• LOOK i don;'t what she/he does as long as he has a passion a fire in his eyes... hell I don't care!

• Please at least be looking for a job. I'm not carrying your ass forever.