Would you date someone because you felt bad for them?

• Yes
    18% (9)17% (7)17% (16)Vote
  • No
    82% (41)83% (35)83% (76)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
13|10

Most Helpful Girl

• No it is too hard to fake chemistry and interest. It wouldn't be real if I dated him because I felt bad for them. I don't like leading anyone on either.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I wouldn't pity date anyone.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• no, i dont waste my time like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never. I don't date people for such reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been on several dates like this. I am usually upfront about my feelings. i usually plan something like mini golf or bowling. All have gone home after having a good fun night out!.

0|0
    0|0
  • Initially I will say no, but it might happen in the future, eventually if I don't develop feelings for someone, I might give a chance to someone who likes me, maybe with time I will start to like him back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Manipulating people's feelings are wrong no matter the intention.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i would only date someone because i have feelings for that person... that's it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't. It would be a waste of mine and his time, not to mention super cruel to that person. Oh and also not fair to myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually hung out with a guy a bunch of times because he was so persistent and I didn't know how to reject him without being mean. It was a horrible experience for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, I wouldn't like to hurt that person in the future, if you give false hopes, it ends up being worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's better to be straight forward than to lie and crush them later on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because that would be leading them on.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• No. I've befriended someone b/c felt bad, but it would be unethical to date and lead on emotionally if I wasn't attracted to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no, i did that once... terrible idea if you ask me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't date someone I am not interested in.

0|0
    0|0
  • date? no. go on a date? yes. i can't "fake-commit" to a relationship, but i can fake interest for date. all the same its a shitty thing to do to someone :/

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No however if they seemed nice enough I might chat to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • eh no, if I don't have any interest in her then I won't date her. It would only get her false hope

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do that, you'll just make it worse, so No

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman 6 years older than me recently felt bad and cried for me when I was distressed and near death. It meant a lot to me because nobody around me including my family are caring about how I feel etc. I said Hi to her after the event but she didn't even respond and turned away, not even considering the slightest friendship. I saw her again and she attempted to hide, just staring at me when I noticed her.

After a while, I sent her flowers showing my appreciation because I just had to do it mentally.

I still really wonder why she didn't even consider talking back to me.

0|1
    0|0